Shot Darts

Pentathlon TDP T3 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rwdsHG1PA

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here
[url=www.youtube.com/c/DartsReviewChannel][/url]

I was going to review this Pentathlon TDP series in order but for some reason I reviewed this T3 model before the T2 lol!   But as your probably aware I reviewed the T1 model a few weeks ago and that was a short bullet style barrel this T3 model is a straight barrel design but as with the T3 it is 90% tungsten and comes in three weights, 22, 23 and 24 grams, I am reviewing the 23g version and they retail for £24.99.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are supplied in a slim box and inside is a kind of clam shell like clear plastic pack holding the darts which are supplied with some two tone polycarbonate stems and very nice Pentathlon standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels have a tapered nose and have a grippy double thin cut ring section on the front half with deep wide grooves in between and a smooth band around the middle with the Pentathlon name and then a more normal ring style with wide and deep grooves again and then the last section near the end is flat rings with thin shallow grooves.  I would say over all the grip is just about high level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are quite closely matched with just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest barrels:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was a little front of centre:

With supplied setup  it moved just passed centre towards the rear:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these quite close to the nose:

CONCLUSION:

As with the first set of TDP darts I reviewed I like the stems and flights that come with these, they are quite striking in their design and colour and go together well.  The darts themselves I was not sure I would like and I dont think I do totally but it is not that there is anything wrong with them its just that the barrels are a bit on the long side for me.  With my front grip I got a fair amount of fishtailing and did not feel fully settled with them although they did fly better for me with some short stems on and were a lot more stable and smooth through the air when I changed to them.  I do think a lot of front grippers will like them though especially if you like a fair bit of grip and long barrels.

With my middle grip they were certainly better balanced and more stable but also seemed to fly quite flat.  As I gripped on the band I could get a little bit of the grip either side but I suspect people with smaller fingers wont and you will miss out on the grip if thats the case.

From the rear grip I think it was very slightly better for me which is unusual lol but I was not gripping right on the end and more on the wide grooved ring grip.  I did drag the darts down on the odd throw though but as usual its not my natural grip and I only test to get some idea of how it may fly but when I got a good throw it was very steady.

As its a straight barrel dart though its obviously got a wide range of appeal and I can see some front grippers liking it as well as rear grippers, middle grippers should be very happy with it if they are not too bothered about been on a mostly smooth part.

Darts are pretty good value for the price and quality is very good too.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (nice classic style)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 8.5 (very good)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (worked better with short stems so almost a 7 but not quite)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I could get down with these. They are perfect dimensions for me and 23g is a great weight. I really liked the new center of gravity charts in this review. Good job.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Very nice review as always Darren. The top section of ring grip looks identical to the grip on the newer VvdV darts from xqmax. As I love my 23g MVG darts, these would probably work well for me
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Well done on the review yet again Darren. :thumbup:

Dimensions are decent enough for me, so maybe another on its way. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Dartbuggy Wrote: I could get down with these. They are perfect dimensions for me and 23g is a great weight. I really liked the new center of gravity charts in this review. Good job.

If you like a long barrel then they could fit the bill, cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-09-2016, 05:47 PM)rich345 Wrote: Very nice review as always Darren. The top section of ring grip looks identical to the grip on the newer VvdV darts from xqmax. As I love my 23g MVG darts, these would probably work well for me

Thanks Rich, they are a very reasonable price which is nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very tempted by these, nice price too.

Love all the new features on the reviews, great stuff +1.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(12-09-2016, 06:30 PM)jc14 Wrote: Very tempted by these, nice price too.

Love all the new features on the reviews, great stuff +1.

Cheers James Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Quote:"I do think a lot of front grippers will like them though especially if you like a fair bit of grip and long barrels."

Damn you, where'd I put my credit card?   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Thanks for a great review and I love the balance pictures with the COG and barrel center!  Also much appreciated putting in a tweenie setup as well because that's what I use, yep it's purely selfish reasons! 

Let's try out this +1 thing as well...Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-09-2016, 09:01 PM)wongerchi Wrote:
Quote:"I do think a lot of front grippers will like them though especially if you like a fair bit of grip and long barrels."

Damn you, where'd I put my credit card?   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Thanks for a great review and I love the balance pictures with the COG and barrel center!  Also much appreciated putting in a tweenie setup as well because that's what I use, yep it's purely selfish reasons! 

Let's try out this +1 thing as well...Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

^^^^^^^^^^
pretty much everything he said - might have to check them out
Great looking dart with the main man saying it like it is.

The grip at the front looks a little bit like the grip on the Gary Anderson darts you've reviewed over the last couple of years. Which grip is more suitable for a front gripper, these or Anderson Phase 3s?

Also, none of the stems broke - lightning surely never struck twice there (and we all breathe a sign of relief)!
Really like these, thanks for the review! On the wishlist these go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. And while I'm at it why not put the T2's on there too?

Thanks mate and sorry to your credit card Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-09-2016, 09:14 PM)Lurker1 Wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^
pretty much everything he said - might have to check them out

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Cheers!

(12-09-2016, 09:41 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Great looking dart with the main man saying it like it is.

The grip at the front looks a little bit like the grip on the Gary Anderson darts you've reviewed over the last couple of years. Which grip is more suitable for a front gripper, these or Anderson Phase 3s?

Also, none of the stems broke - lightning surely never struck twice there (and we all breathe a sign of relief)!

I think its more about what you like, these may be slightly grippier though. Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-09-2016, 09:42 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Really like these, thanks for the review! On the wishlist these go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. And while I'm at it why not put the T2's on there too?

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top quality review. Look like another super dart from Pentathlon
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I just went back to read the review because I was thinking of trying these out. Thanks so much for the service you provide. The reviews are excellent and the pictures really help with the decision making. You do a great job.

Rick
Georgia, USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pentathlon TDP T2 23g darts review Getagrip 19 12,019 03-18-2021, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Laconic
  Pentathlon TDP T4 24g darts review Getagrip 11 6,163 02-04-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Pentathlon Old Faithful 001 23g (Dartsclearance) Don Q 13 856 06-27-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Reviewed Pentathlon Darts index mc1958 3 1,872 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  American Pentathlon 001 (DartsClearance) Review atison 21 3,230 03-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Cloud 9
  Pentathlon TDP T6 24g darts review Getagrip 13 5,910 11-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Pentathlon TDP T1 23g darts review Getagrip 24 13,980 03-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Pentathlon Royal 23g darts review Getagrip 21 22,205 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Anyone throw these Pentathlon's (Darts Clearance) atison 10 2,138 02-07-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: atison
  Pentathlon TDP T5 22g darts review Getagrip 12 5,647 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip