Harrows Darts.

Unicorn Eclipse HD PDC Dart Board
Hello all! bought this board in Singapore about a month ago for Sing $ 110. The Bristle, if this is made of bristle has started to diminish from the bull out to the double. The wire around the doubles is about a milimetre up. In the bull area the bristle?? has shrunk in 2-3 millimetres, so the wire is now very visible. Why is this?? I have read that people used to soak?? dart boards, but I thought we moved on from that. Also I live in Indonesia, so the humidity is max.
That doesn't sound good at all. Maybe you got a dodgy board, or it may very well be the humidity like you've hinted. There was a bloke on here that advertised the Terton Craft boards made in the Philippines, I see he has since been band though. Terton Craft make boards out of Abaca fibre instead of sisal, apparently it stands up to humidity better. Perhaps one of Terton Crafts Samurai boards might be worth a shot if it turns out the humidity is what's killing your board.....or there's always soft tip?
Yeah the Terton may be the best way to go for that climate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-06-2016, 12:35 PM)Tezza Wrote: That doesn't sound good at all. Maybe you got a dodgy board, or it may very well be the humidity like you've hinted. There was a bloke on here that advertised the Terton Craft boards made in the Philippines, I see he has since been band though. Terton Craft make boards out of Abaca fibre instead of sisal, apparently it stands up to humidity better. Perhaps one of Terton Crafts Samurai boards might be worth a shot if it turns out the humidity is what's killing your board.....or there's always soft tip?
Thanks for that. Iv,e bought boards before here in Indo and thev,ve been the same. I,ll give the Terton Craft a look at and see what happens. Shame really its a great board.
(12-06-2016, 09:39 PM)Daddy Wrote: Thanks for that. Iv,e bought boards before here in Indo and thev,ve been the same. I,ll give the Terton Craft a look at and see what happens. Shame really its a great board.
Rare to here the words Great and Unicorn Board in the same sentence LOL
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(12-06-2016, 09:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:39 PM)Daddy Wrote: Thanks for that. Iv,e bought boards before here in Indo and thev,ve been the same. I,ll give the Terton Craft a look at and see what happens. Shame really its a great board.

What about great pile of poo!? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(12-06-2016, 10:52 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 09:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote:

What about great pile of poo!? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

AAAANNND I,ve just got my UUUUUUNNNNIICORN Gripper 4 Darts from Dartscorner England. And I LOVE EM TO DEATH----at least for the time being.LOL
Unicorn darts are awesome but their boards have serious quality control issues
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New unicorn board? MauriceDarter 8 687 04-18-2021, 07:34 AM
Last Post: WelshArrows
  Dart Board...Boiiiing?? Pidge 11 429 02-16-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
  Most damaged dart board pics tropicalpalmtree 13 781 02-13-2021, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  bulge in new dart board whippet0 24 3,276 02-06-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  Sisal/Bristle dart board with Soft Tip dimensions JerseyJon 2 245 02-05-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: JerseyJon
  Dart Board is Getting Hard thehop 8 2,132 09-18-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dart board AI Dave Willie 3 389 06-30-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: blink180
  Best beginner dart board Kieran Munn 16 1,064 05-22-2020, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  Unicorn board worn out... rikkie007 15 1,148 11-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  FOUND OUR NEXT DART BOARD! PREACHERMAN 12 1,221 09-18-2019, 06:59 AM
Last Post: PREACHERMAN