Shot Darts

Bulls Fighter Gemini Steel 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEMwdQ7W1U

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

So here we are with the first set of steel tip darts I have tried and reviewed from Bulls Fighter and its great to say that!  These are the Bulls Fighter Gemini and they are 22g and 90% tungsten and also the signature barrel of an Austrian player called Christian Kallinger.  The darts retail for $113 which at the present very poor state of the pound equates to around £90!

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual small and neat metal Bulls Fighter box with an outer cardboard sleeve.  Inside its kind of plush and velvety and the darts are fitted with some short stems and Bulls Fighter signature flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Once again its a lovely and comple design from Bulls Fighter, I am not even sure what to call some of the grip types on here but it starts off with a wavy knife edge style grip at the nose then a mostly smooth arear with a couple of thin grooves and diamond shapes cut into the barrel then a very thin cut ring grip with internal stepped down rings and wide grooves in between.  As you move to the rear its made up of a kind of shark grip without the sticky out angels but with a thin cut ring straight above it, then a kind of smaller version of that then a smooth section on the very end!  Phew!!! they dont make it easy to describe these darts but its fun trying! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  As the grip is a mix of styles and levels I would say overall its a high level with the main part of the barrel been the thin cut rings but the rest is probably a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels are perfectly matched once again from Bulls Fighter, amazing quality!

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was very much front weighted, the rear is drilled out alot at over 26mm:

With supplied setup  it was balanced almost perfectly:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right on the nose which was a little cramped but worked very well:

CONCLUSION:

Well firstly its very nice to see that Bulls have finanlly made some steel tip darts, they have a few models now and thats great!

As usual the quality is second to non, the barrels are made in Korea and the tungsten is polished to a lovely silvery shine and as you can see above in the pics its got complex machning but very neatly done and perfectly matched weighted once again, outstanding really!

The way the darts are drilled out made this feel instantly well balanced in my grip, its a long barrel for me but it worked well with the short stems and I think the balance of the dart suits me a lot.  I am not sure if its designed for a front gripper in mind with all that fancy grip on the rear half but I really liked how they worked for me.  My only criticism is that the grip at the nose was a bit narrow so was not entirely the most comfortable grip, a bit more width and they would be perfect.

I think the darts worked fairly well for me from the middle and it felt most comfortable to grip there and the flight seemed a little smoother.  So natural middle grippers should like it even more I think.

From the rear grip it was to be as expected the worse for me but having said that it was not too bad so I think definetly worth a try for rear grippers.

So it seems it could be a good dart for all grip types but I think I was very surprised at how nice it was for my front grip but when I tried on the smooth chunkier part it seemed even smoother in flight but I just felt more natural on the tapered wayvy grip.  

Now the main issue is the price, its a shame the pound is so weak as it spoils it with these, at £60 I would say your getting an exquistly made set of darts that are top quality but at £90 that still stands but it just makes it that little bit harder to recommend, but I dont think you would be disappointed if you still went ahaed at that price.

Overall, superb darts!

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (great design)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 10 (Stunning)
Value: 7 (would be a 6 if the quality was not so good)
Suitability for me: 9 (work very well!)

Best Feature: Balance for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very nice ,,,with the barrel being drilled out alot ,, makes me wonder if they would throw better for me than most steel tips,,,,, I like and prefer the entry angle of my darts into the board at as close to parallel to the floor as possible ,, for soft tippers like me that's crucial,,,,and most steel tips I have thrown seem to want to land very tail up ,,,, which plays with my head ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice review as always,,, the "Best" in the business ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review and the darts looked great.

I got to visit a Bulls Fighter Bar when I was in Korea. I was planning to buy a set while I was there but the language barrier was more of a problem then I thought it would be. But I loved playing on the machines, the sounds effects when I hit a 180, loved it.

If you don't mind me asking but how are you actually buying things off their site ? are you just emailing them and waiting for them to get back to you to sort out the prices ?
Thanks for the stellar review and pics as always.

Good to see their unbelievable weight matching carried over to their steel tip darts. These are too long and grippy for me, I'll have to check out their line up again.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(12-05-2016, 05:02 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Very nice ,,,with the barrel being drilled out alot ,, makes me wonder if they would throw better for me than most steel tips,,,,, I like and prefer the entry angle of my darts into the board at as close to parallel to the floor as possible ,, for soft tippers like me that's crucial,,,,and most steel tips I have thrown seem to want to land very tail up ,,,, which plays with my head ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice review as always,,, the "Best" in the business ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks We, they make some great darts! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-05-2016, 05:15 PM)JDorks Wrote: Nice review and the darts looked great.

I got to visit a Bulls Fighter Bar when I was in Korea. I was planning to buy a set while I was there but the language barrier was more of a problem then I thought it would be. But I loved playing on the machines, the sounds effects when I hit a 180, loved it.

If you don't mind me asking but how are you actually buying things off their site ? are you just emailing them and waiting for them to get back to you to sort out the prices ?

Cheers!

I think it may depend who you speak to as I find most of them speak great English.

As for where I get them, well lets say I have a hotline to the main guy so I can call on him but I am asking him to get them in the European shops as I know they would be massively popular and may be the price could drop too, I am sure they would make a killing with a steel tip range over here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-05-2016, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Cheers!

I think it may depend who you speak to as I find most of them speak great English.

As for where I get them, well lets say i have a hotline to the main guy so I can call on him but I am asking him to get them in the European shops as I know they would be massively popular and may be the price could drop too, I am sure they would make a killing with a steel tip range over here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ha, I figured you would have a connection. I think part of the language barrier might of been my Hull accent, ive had people from down south not understand me, never mind Koreans.

I just want to buy silly things like the cap and tshirt ive seen on facebook. Hopefully the brand does make it to our shops and takes off even more then it has. Would be good for the game in Korea.
(12-05-2016, 05:16 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Thanks for the stellar review and pics as always.

Good to see their unbelievable weight matching carried over to their steel tip darts.  These are too long and grippy for me, I'll have to check out their line up again.

Thanks Ron, I almost thought I had found a very slightly unmatched set but no the scales ticked over and they were spot on again! Their range has grown a lot of late but still very much mostly a rear grippers theme throughout Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-05-2016, 05:32 PM)JDorks Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Cheers!

As for where I get them, well lets say i have a hotline to the main guy so I can call on him but I am asking him to get them in the European shops as I know they would be massively popular and may be the price could drop too, I am sure they would make a killing with a steel tip range over here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ha, I figured you would have a connection. I think part of the language barrier might of been my Hull accent, ive had people from down south not understand me, never mind Koreans.

I just want to buy silly things like the cap and tshirt ive seen on facebook. Hopefully the brand does make it to our shops and takes off even more then it has. Would be good for the game in Korea.

LOL it could have been the accent I guess, I like the shirts they have, they look cool Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Do they have European based shop if I want a to buy a set ?Because they are very expensive as it is and extra tax just sends it to Mount Doom for me
180-1(33)

really really great review Darren. And it seems a brilliant dart. I really like the look of the grip on it. Hmmm... the price is a little bit high though
Ugh my retailer can only get the soft tip versions; too bad cause they would only be around £65.

Might try them since the set of Samurai Fusion I want is on back order.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Another top review Darren! The videos just keep getting better.

Amazing quality control from bulls fighter with every set being perfectly match weighted. You'd think larger companies could do that better since they manufacture larger volumes.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
(12-05-2016, 06:49 PM)Troll Wrote: Do they have European based shop if I want a to buy a set ?Because they are very expensive as it is and extra tax just sends it to Mount Doom for me

They are planning a new steel tip range for EU and have an agent so hopefully soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-05-2016, 09:56 PM)copigme Wrote: really really great review Darren. And it seems a brilliant dart. I really like the look of the grip on it. Hmmm... the price is a little bit high though

Thanks mate, yeah bit of a shame on the price Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-05-2016, 11:20 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Ugh my retailer can only get the soft tip versions; too bad cause they would only be around £65.

Might try them since the set of Samurai Fusion I want is on back order.

Not a bad price though for such nice darts.

(12-06-2016, 12:17 AM)Arkatek Wrote: Another top review Darren! The videos just keep getting better.

Amazing quality control from bulls fighter with every set being perfectly match weighted. You'd think larger companies could do that better since they manufacture larger volumes.

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah they are one of the very best! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always Darren. These look beautifully made. £90 is a lot for sure, partly down to the exchange rate I guess. However the target daytonas are £95 and the machining on those is probably no more intricate and the weight matching of the bulls fighter is outstanding
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

£90? Pass.
(12-06-2016, 03:50 PM)rich345 Wrote: Great review as always Darren. These look beautifully made. £90 is a lot for sure, partly down to the exchange rate I guess. However the target daytonas are £95 and the machining on those is probably no more intricate and the weight matching of the bulls fighter is outstanding

Cheers Rich!

yeah the pound been so weak is a killer

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,625 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,488 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,112 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 12 3,420 12-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,267 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,370 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Monster Leveret II Steel Tip 22g Darts Review Ryk 7 695 11-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,514 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,156 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Bulls Razor 23g darts review Getagrip 27 52,221 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zeffer