Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Darts at funny angles
Hi guys

First post here hope its the right area

I bought some new darts as the front loaded ones i had just werent right for me, i went to centre weighted ones, but now when i throw the darts end up pointing to the right hand side of the board when they hit, i.e ill hit a single twenty but the dart will be pointing towards the one

Anyone got any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks in advance
Hello and welcome aboard!

Sounds like you have some fishtailing going on, what darts are they and what length and what stems are you using, may just need shorter stems?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thank you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Im using simon whitlock darts https://www.reddragondarts.com/winmau-si...l?___SID=U

And short stems are 35mm
Oh and recently ive changed from a 3 finger and thumb grip to 2 fingers and thumb
As Getagrip says, try experimenting with different length shafts and maybe even different flights. I play with D16 Elites and i use extra short nylons on them, anything longer and i get the same result you're currently having Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks goofy, i may just need to adjust my grip/throw and practice but not having it happen before i thought id ask Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. thanks for the replies

Shame i dont have a board at home yet, misses not impressed with me using the xmas tree box ??
Show us your grip at vertical.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-04-2016, 06:51 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Show us your grip at vertical.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Noob question but wossat? Side on from the inside palm view i guess?
Mine drop to the right, I do throw from the right though which I suppose doesn't help,  I currently use short stems as I gets LOTS of fishtailing,
Going to have a go with pears or kites and see how I go,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-04-2016, 08:35 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 06:51 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Show us your grip at vertical.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Noob question but wossat? Side on from the inside palm view i guess?

Aye mate ...  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://staffslive.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...milton.jpg
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
sometimes it can just be a case of playing with the darts for a while until you kind of tame them as it were, but more often than not a set up change has an affect Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-05-2016, 02:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: sometimes it can just be a case of playing with the darts for a while until you kind of tame them as it were, but more often than not a set up change has an affect Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think that could be it, I found moving my third (middle finger) to rest on the point of the dart where it meets the barrell they immediately straightened up somewhat, may just take some time to find a grip for these darts that works properly
I find similar things I hold my darts with two fingers anda thumb but rest the point against a 3rd finger.
If I try and take that finger away from the point then the darts have no contol and they go off to one side quite a lot.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
You might think you're releasing straight but in reality you're releasing the dart with the point off center. Pay attention to how the flight corrects the darts path. I use white flights to tune my darts as I can see them better. I also sometimes throw darts from half Oche distance, there isn't enough flight time for the flight to correct the path and it can show the error at release.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(12-05-2016, 03:33 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 02:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: sometimes it can just be a case of playing with the darts for a while until you kind of tame them as it were, but more often than not a set up change has an affect Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think that could be it, I found moving my third (middle finger) to rest on the point of the dart where it meets the barrell they immediately straightened up somewhat, may just take some time to find a grip for these darts that works properly

sounds good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My throw and angles at the end. GONKO 6 442 01-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Darts go in on different angles Ben Cave 6 807 07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Dartbuggy
  My Throw (slow motion) from 3 angles stahlmann 17 4,231 02-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Last Post: stahlmann