Darts Buddy

Asking for Girl
Still asking for that Ukrainian girl ,she dont like two things in her throw
1)Finger movement after release they are opening like letter V she believes that impacts her throw trajectory
2)She believes ,she is throwing wrist out too fast ,ergo her dart release speed is too big ,and because speed of action is big ,hand after release can go right or left 
Video once more
https://rutube.ru/video/dea01d7a69453a2d...51eafd684/
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This is the same lass that has a big comp coming IIRC and if so the last thing IMHO she should be doing is making any changes fundamentally to her stance/grip/throw and release at this time.
There isn't any big comp coming she already won it
180-1(33)

(12-03-2016, 12:51 PM)Troll Wrote: There isn't any big comp coming she already won it

My bad, thought there was. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-03-2016, 12:51 PM)Troll Wrote: There isn't any big comp coming she already won it

Why alter her throw if she just won a big comp? Seems a bit daft to me, 'if it aint broke then dont fix it' Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The average was 45
180-1(33)

Prefacing this with 'I'm no expert, but'

The V I'm guessing is from gripping the dart with index, middle finger and thumb, with the ring and little fingers curled in tightly to the palm. Without changing grip that could be remedied by just consciously loosening up a bit, or what I did for a while was kind of lock fingers next to each other, using knuckles as a reference point. Worked for a while but I eventually just added a finger to my grip anyway and kept it as loose as possible... tension in my arm seems to lead to a snatchy release.

The draw back to throw doesn't look too strange, but because there's no 'setting' the dart as a reference point, maybe there's a temptation to hurry the throw. It just seems like a lot of movement to get right all at once, instead of breaking it down into sight target/draw back/release/extend.

I might suggest an exercise going through those motions at a much slower pace, (not worrying about hitting targets, just concentrating on the throw) and gradually increasing the speed until they can become one fluid motion again. The wrist break/release is the hardest bit to analyse though, because so much happens at that point within a really small amount of time - usually it doesn't even register when you're throwing naturally, so a lot of effort to concentrate on it.

Just my theory anyway, it's pretty difficult to analyse a throw without a good slow motion from a couple of angles, and ideally a very consistent throw, but if you're throw's really consistent I guess you don't have much to worry about anyway.
Fantastic advise
180-1(33)