Harrows Darts.

DPC Elite Performance 25gr Darts 90% Tungsten (+ 8 Week Practice Plan) Review
I'll try to review the Dart Performance Center (DPC) Elite Performance 25gram Darts 90% Tungsten.
Also a small review about the "8 week practice plan" notebook will follow.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

After a long time without a board in the house i managed to set it up 5 days ago and finally after having this darts for two months i manage to review them.

I always wanted to own a DPC's set of darts. When about 2 months ago i saw a promotion they were runnung i took a shot. With every set of DPC darts they were giving the "8 week practice plan" notebook that i wanted for a long time too.

The good news started from the first time i got in touch with them. They let my use a 5 pound discount voucher i had for about a year too. So i made my order Saturday evening and the darts arrived Wednesday morning to Greece. This is what i call fast delivery. Inside i found the darts, the notebook and a patch of DPC darts as a gift.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Packaging and Contents:

The darts come in a plastic box. Biside the darts, inside you will find: 1) a plastic slim case, 2) a set of white dimplex flights 3) a set of medium white dimplex shafts.

Design:

The barrels aren't tottaly straight but have something like a mix of staright and torpedo shape with a tappered nose.
The lenght, width and shape are matching nice together to make a simple (to the look) design but really well made dart set. The microgrip lines are perfectly made with no faults in any of them. The shaft thread is in the right width (no gap between the shaft and the barrel) and there is only one small smooth part in the rear section with the DPC logo. Really really well made darts.

The Grip:

When i got this darts i was playing with the Datadart's Icons. They also have microgrip on them but when i threw this they seemed very aggresive to me.
Since then i change my match darts to the unicorns Gripper One. So when i get the DPCs in my hand again yesterday they stopped to feel overagrresive. They are more like Barneys phase 1.

You feel the dart securelly gripped in your fingers and plus to the microgrip the shape of the barrel seems to lead you to put your thump just behind the center of the barrel. This is really good cause this is where i'm felling comfortable right now.
The deep ring cuts seems nice as well. At first i couldnt feel them cause the microgrip is much more intense but i felt the difference when i tried the front section.

I also tried to throw some by gripping the darts in the front section. The grip is the same there (without the deep rings) but there isnt anything to lead you in the same point of grip every time.

Overall there is a really nice grip in these darts especially if you like this aggresive style.

Throwing the DPC's Elite Performance Darts:

I only took a couple of throws with the setup provided. Nothing went wrong but i dont want to mess my mind up. So i immediatelly put my stadard setup on (short nylon shaft and standard shape 100micro poly flights)

The first throw went a little bit high but after a couple of throw everything seems to work as usuall. The landing angle is a little bit bigger compared to what i'm used to but this is not a big problem. Here is some shots i took in a 20min session of throwing.

Tops:

60s:

Bull:

T19s:

I also tried to hit a 171 (which i now that the guys in the DPC really like) but after some throws this was the closer i got. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ballance:

The ballance point of the barrel itself just in the center and it move a little bit in the rear depending in your set up.

With my setup (short nylon shaft - standard 100 poly flight) and with the setup provided it moves about 2mm to the rear.
Weight matching:

The three barrels weights are 25.15gr, 25.16gr and 25.18gr
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They are pretty close with max difference (heavier to lighter) to be only 0.03gr

Dimensions:

Lenght: 50.8mm
Diameter: Max 7.02mm /Min:6.5mm

Summary:

I'm really happy with these darts. They feel very well balanced. Their grip is really nice and aggresive and their have no faults at all.. Pretty well weight matching and extremly fast delivery and good communication with the shop. I would bought a DPC set again without second thoughts. (I hope i could have the new dual grip soon :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Design: 8
Grip: 8
Overall: 8

Their retail price is about 24 pounds and they also available in 23grams. Also something i found out something really nice. You can buy one extra dart with 9 pounds so you could be safe if you have the bad luck to snap a point or miss one dart before a match. I'm sure almost any of you thought about it sometimes.

Extra: A small review of the "8 week practice plan" Notebook

As i mentioned in the begining of my review, along with the darts i got and this "8 week practice plan" notebook.
I didnt had the time to get commited to the practice plan the last months but i tried the first 5 drills so here is my opinion.
What is this about:
Inside you will find 40 sessions of practice. (8weeks 5 days each) The most of the routines arent something new to the most of the players who are practicing and not just playing. Some of them are very familiar. (round the clock, 121 checkouts, 100 darts in 20s etc)
The new for me was the fake 180 session which i find very helpull for my throw.
The instructions:
The instruction index in the first pages is good but i think that it could be a little bit more clear. But if you get yourself thinking for a while you will not have a problem with that.
The mixing of routines:
The plan is mixing scoring and doubling routines nicelly. I really like the fake 180 routine and the checout routines as well. In a conversation with a friend about it he mentioned something really important, his words was : "I really like that there is a lot of match-winning checkout drills".
The look:
Its really nice composed with big boxes to write your scores in any session. With different colour in each week and a table of contents to help you easily find what you search for.
Advantages:
Many of us are practicing with different ways. The good with this is the program. You dont have to think things like:
What to do next?
Is this practice nessecery?
Maybe i need a change?
I make this practice for so long that i got bored.

Everyone like to have someone to tell him what to do to achieve his goals. Especially if you arent so confident with your game.
Possible Additions:
The only things i found missing is some drills for the 18's (not so important) and i really miss some sessions for the Bull.

Overall

I found it really nice way to practice in darts. Now that i set my board up again i hope i can use it to make my game better. It really worth the 10 pounds.

Thank you for reading, fell free to ask anything
Great review John! I think I still have a set of those darts and the micro grip was one of the things I liked most about them, but getting the practice plan was a great bonus to have and makes the whole package a brilliant buy! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-04-2016, 02:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review John! I think I still have a set of those darts and the micro grip was one of the things I liked most about them, but getting the practice plan was a great bonus to have and makes the whole package a brilliant buy! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you very much Darren. The darts are really but with me changing every couple of months theyll probably spend the most of their time in the drawer. But the practice is something im sure ill use for many many time. Im really happy with that buy. Darts, practice plan and patch with about 20pounds plus delivery
Very nice review copigme, well done and sharp looking darts from dpc
(12-05-2016, 10:55 AM)Redleg Wrote: Very nice review copigme, well done and sharp looking darts from dpc

Thank you very much redleg
Thank you very much, for this extensive review.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
(12-05-2016, 11:30 AM)TheRedBit Wrote: Thank you very much, for this extensive review.

Im glad you like it Redbit
(12-04-2016, 03:52 PM)copigme Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 02:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review John!  I think I still have a set of those darts and the micro grip was one of the things I liked most about them, but getting the practice plan was a great bonus to have and makes the whole package a brilliant buy! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you very much Darren. The darts are really but with me changing every couple of months theyll probably spend the most of their time in the drawer. But the practice is something im sure ill use for many many time. Im really happy with that buy. Darts, practice plan and patch with about 20pounds plus delivery

Yeah it was awesome for that price! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-05-2016, 02:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 03:52 PM)copigme Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 02:50 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Great review John!  I think I still have a set of those darts and the micro grip was one of the things I liked most about them, but getting the practice plan was a great bonus to have and makes the whole package a brilliant buy! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah it was awesome for that price! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You can barely buy just a new set of darts with just 20. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Really great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'm a big fan of the DPC darts and you have done a brilliant job with this review
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(12-08-2016, 04:38 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Really great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'm a big fan of the DPC darts and you have done a brilliant job with this review

Thank you very much elusive d85
I m really glad you like it
Excellent review copigme, your artistic photos are looking great as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When I'm on my main browser and not Tapatalk I'll leave you a +1 as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-14-2017, 01:06 AM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Excellent review copigme, your artistic photos are looking great as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When I'm on my main browser and not Tapatalk I'll leave you a +1 as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thank you very much again danger mouse. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well done .
I have a set of Their Classics and agree that DPC make a quality product.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink NEW Mckicks Premium White Mighty Grip 25gr 90% tungsten Darts (the old style is back) copigme 89 47,612 10-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Performance Dart Relentless The Jester 8 992 10-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  V180 Dave Prins 25gr Review bk123456 7 683 07-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  DPC 50/50 Performance Darts 22g review Cateye 15 1,698 05-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF
  DPC Optimum Performance 22g Darts Review ElusiveDouble85 19 5,837 04-25-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
Tongue 22 gram dartsclearance, copper tungsten darts, treatment, plus, quick review. Phil D 5 659 04-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Last Post: jt4527
  Mission Spirit 22g 90% Tungsten Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 597 04-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Th3BigFish
  Dartsclearance Tungsten Darts 21g review Cateye 6 644 03-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Cateye
  Harrows Elite 23g darts review Getagrip 46 23,543 03-23-2020, 10:07 AM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
  Adam Smith-Neale 'Big Dog' Smooth Performance Darts 24g review Cateye 65 6,616 03-20-2020, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sowatt