Harrows Darts.

Tips from Raymond "Guru" Smith
Watching Winmau World Masters I have discovered this player, with a very nice throwing action. 

Sponsored by Shot!, he has some good tips on his presentation page: 

Any other points of interest?
"I am very routine orientated when it comes to tournaments. I’m methodical about practice and put a big emphasis on throwing straight to make bad shots are 60 at least. (which isn’t that bad). And I like to play double double on a pro trainer a week out from tournaments, as I find it really tightens my technique. In 2015 I made a game called frustration which I attribute a lot of my success to.

Darting Tips
1.  Don’t waste bad days. They will happen and if you don’t learn anything they will happen more frequently. If you’re having a bad game, try figure out why and work on it in your practice. Getting grumpy won’t fix the issue.
2.  The game doesn’t need to be complicated and goals are a lot closer than you think.
3.  Never be afraid to ask questions or approach anyone for hints and tips. This isn’t just limited to the top tier players. A 3rd division player could be a sports scientist. (It’s true!)
4.  Set your goals on what you want to achieve and try break down the maths on how you are going to achieve it. Then build your practice routing to match your goals.
5.  Once you reach your goal, reset your goals to the next step in chasing your dream. 

Now I'm wondering what that frustration game is about Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Proud user of Voks MMA 22g darts - for more info on them see Getagrip's review.
Nice post, some good tips there. Seems like Raymond is a big advocate for getting your mental state right
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Very thoughtful Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-02-2016, 02:43 PM)MMA Wrote: Watching Winmau World Masters I have discovered this player, with a very nice throwing action. 

Sponsored by Shot!, he has some good tips on his presentation page: 

Any other points of interest?
"I am very routine orientated when it comes to tournaments. I’m methodical about practice and put a big emphasis on throwing straight to make bad shots are 60 at least. (which isn’t that bad). And I like to play double double on a pro trainer a week out from tournaments, as I find it really tightens my technique. In 2015 I made a game called frustration which I attribute a lot of my success to.

Darting Tips
1.  Don’t waste bad days. They will happen and if you don’t learn anything they will happen more frequently. If you’re having a bad game, try figure out why and work on it in your practice. Getting grumpy won’t fix the issue.
2.  The game doesn’t need to be complicated and goals are a lot closer than you think.
3.  Never be afraid to ask questions or approach anyone for hints and tips. This isn’t just limited to the top tier players. A 3rd division player could be a sports scientist. (It’s true!)
4.  Set your goals on what you want to achieve and try break down the maths on how you are going to achieve it. Then build your practice routing to match your goals.
5.  Once you reach your goal, reset your goals to the next step in chasing your dream. 

Now I'm wondering what that frustration game is about Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As I mention whenever I can on this forum I play darts with Raymond here in Brisbane.  (Hey look, I've never known anyone this famous before and I can't help myself!!!)

I can ask him about Frustration when he gets back if you like?

In all seriousness though Raymond is a top bloke; always ready to give you advice if you ask it and a real team player.  The standard we play at is way below what he can do but you would never know it from the way he conducts himself. 

One of his sons plays for us as well and he has the makings of a good player.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
If he is willing to make it public, please do. I sure like his approach on training.
Justin Pipe also plays a game called frustration. Wonder if they are the same.
There Are No Heroes, Only Warriors
https://www.facebook.com/shotdarts/photo...=1&theater

Maybe some are interested in trying it.

PS. Still nothing about the frustration game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.