Darts Buddy

Darts Slipping
Hello

I have to use cream for a hand condition which leaves my hands slippy and causes me to let my darts slip when trowing. If I try to tighten my grip I tend to jerk as I am releasing the dart. I am looking for a dart with good grip to prevent the darts slipping out of my grip. I have seen darts called Bulls Spike that could be good but they are a bit extreme. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hutch
The Carrerra range from Target provides good grip but are a bit expensive. Red dragon Elites or Harrows Supergrip are some wallet friendly alternatives.
(12-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Hutch Wrote: Hello

I have to use cream for a hand condition which leaves my hands slippy and causes me to let my darts slip when trowing. If I try to tighten my grip I tend to jerk as I am releasing the dart. I am looking for a dart with good grip to prevent the darts slipping out of my grip. I have seen darts called Bulls Spike that could be good but they are a bit extreme. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hutch

What length, barrel shape and weight do you throw or prefer? I can tell you right off the bat that if you like short, straight 21-gram darts, the Boris Koltsov darts won't slip on you even if you dip your hand in liquid soap just before a throw. I recently threw someone else's set of those for a few turns just to try them, and getting them out of my hand was like shaking flypaper off my fingers (I exaggerate, of course, but only because grippy darts are just not for me).

I would try a shark grip dart
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You may want to give darts with a razor grip a try. I find they have a lot of grip on their barrels. My problem with grip is usually this time of year when the air is drier with less humidity and my hands are very dry. I'll often do like Simon Whitlock and blow into my hands prior to throwing to slightly moisten them. Or simply reach for my ice cold beer sitting on the table and let the condensation on the outside of the bottle wet my fingertips just a bit-------sometimes too much though, and I have to wipe a bit of it off prior to throwing.

That may not work for you if you use a hand lotion that has an oily base. Not sure what your condition is, but I do sometimes get that cracked skin on my fingertips in the fall/winter and have found that a product called "O'Keeffes Working Hands" is a great product that helps with the cracking and even though it goes on like any hand lotion, it gets a bit tacky after it dries on my hands and increases my grip.
Good advice gumbo. This time of the year with dry hands I have to use a more grippy dart than in the summer. I tried a hand cream but then the barrels seemed to need a quick cleaning more. My Carrera C3's work great this time of the year as do the Rasta's
What about that finger wax that I've seen on just about every online dart retailer's website?  I've thought about giving it a go, myself.  I want to say that I read that Phil Taylor uses it.......I could be wrong.   Any thoughts on that?
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(12-02-2016, 04:08 PM)Red Wrote: What about that finger wax that I've seen on just about every online dart retailer's website?  I've thought about giving it a go, myself.  I want to say that I read that Phil Taylor uses it.......I could be wrong.   Any thoughts on that?

With as many times as Taylor dips his throwing hand into his pants pocket I would suspect he has some sort of grip enhancer in there that he uses in matches, but I don't know the name of the product he uses.

I've also heard of people using that little rosin bags to enhance their grip.   Either way, it would likely not take too long for the grip ridges of your dart to become clogged with whatever substance you are using.     I know just my oils and dirt off my fingers require me to clean my darts a few times a year and that in itself always enhances the grip.    I just use an old toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol to clean the barrels, rinse them off with warm water and dry, then they are good to go.
The McCoy ringed darts have rings with very sharp edges. Or you could always get something knurled. Way out of fashion, but grippy.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I can also add to the mix ,,any of the Unicorn branded darts ,,, Taylors,,,, Sigmas,,, any of these in "Natural Tungsten" ,,,,the coated coverings on most darts take away from the grip ,, in effect smoothing them out to aid in release,,, IMO,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thank you everyone for your comments I think I will try the Harrows. I trow a 25g oval mid length dart and the harrows have a few like that. Again thanks for your help I will let you know how I get on.

Hutch
I do have the same problem.....the solution is  very simple , use your cream after darting !!!!
(12-02-2016, 03:33 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I would try a shark grip dart
I agree with this too.

Also, you may like to try the Harrows Atomic. They're very grippy. I don't think you'll have any problem with them.
I struggled also with this problem. My experience with creams, waxes is not that good. The darts seemed to stick a little to my fingers, so the release was not that well.

Experienced a lot with grippy darts, and so far, the razor grip, (micro) shark grip, purist grip and atomic grip have a quite smooth release, while not slipping at all. Pixel grip never tried so far.
At this moment I throw with Unicorn Lumina (shark grip), and never had problems anymore (especially during winter (dry hands) time).
don't forget pyramid grip, Also very grippy. search for bulls@501.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts slipping from hand, grip problem? clem1995 28 2,964 08-17-2019, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Jefferz
  How to stop darts slipping in hand? Dartingmad1 11 2,554 01-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Doubledouble