Harrows Darts.

15 Days 15 Darts (#16 Bonus)
I just noticed that it's only 14 days left until the World Darts Championship 2017 begins. Because I received a lot of positive feedback and nice comments for my darts pictures here in the forum and on Twitter, I decided to do something like a shortened Advent Calendar: 

On each of the 15 days (including today) left until the first day of the PDC World Championship I will try to post pictures of one set of darts. Feedback, retweeting and so on is appreciated.

#1/15: Winmau Blackout 22g 
#2/15: Winmau Crisis 22g 
#3/15: Unicorn Barney Phase 1 23g
#4/15: Unicorn Paul Nicholson 22g
#5/15: Harrows Cobalt 21g
#6/15: Masterdarts Jelle Klaasen 21g
#7/15: Masterdarts MvG Black LE 25g
#8/15: Harrows Rapide 23g
#9/15: Unicorn Gary Anderson PL15 23g
#10/15: Bull's Jermaine Wattimena 22g
#11/15: Showtime Elite 23g
#12/15: XQ Max Darts MvG Mighty Generation II 23g
#13/15: Winmau Vanguard 22g
#14/15: Winmau Robbie Green 22g
#15/15: Target Daytona Fire DF-03 24g

So enough of the talking, here is the first Set:

#1/15: Winmau Blackout 22g
The Winmau Blackout is a classic straight barrel dart with a grip similar to Unicorn Purist Darts. The weight matching is pretty good (22.18 - 22.24 - 22.21). Unfortunately I didn't had the time to throw them until now. 

Usually I don't like darts with coloured rings, but these have a pretty cool look. Coloured rings are definitely an advantage compared to coated darts when it comes to wearout. I think it's a good dart for beginners or people looking for a cheap alternative (Price is about £25/30€) to darts with a thin ring-grip like the Gary Anderson Phase 3 Darts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
Ruthless are 10 quid ,thats cheap alternative . But really nice review
180-1(33)

Good simple/clean looking barrel.  Nice picks and write up again RedBit180. :thumbup:
(12-01-2016, 09:46 PM)Troll Wrote: Ruthless are 10 quid ,thats cheap alternative . But really nice review

Of course there are a few low-price companies with cheaper alternatives. But they don't look as good as the Winmau Blackout darts to me. 

Thanks to both of you for the feedback Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
looks a good dart
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That's a nice looking dart. Great pics and info as always. Look forward to see what the rest of your mini advent calendar brings us Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks, Getagrip and ElusiveDouble85.

#2/15: Winmau Crisis 22g:

Today I present to you a dart of the Winmau Crisis Series - The Winmau Crisis 1079 22g. The match weighting is almost perfect: 22.03 - 22.04 - 22.03 grams.  I am not a huge fan of coloured and coated darts, but I have to admit that black and green go good together.  

Usually this isn't my type of barrel-shape, that's why I didn't throw these darts for a long time. I was surprised that they didn't fly awkward at all and a lot better than expected. Still can't beat my new Adrian Lewis Pixel Darts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

There are two different kinds of grip on this dart. The anterior is a very thin type of ring-grip and the back part has deeper and wider cut grooves (Similar to a Purist-Grip). The two grips feel very alike and I would rate them 6 (Anterior part) and 7 (Rear part) on a scale from 1 to 10.

All in all it's a good looking dart with a nice medium level of grip. The look and shape reminds me a little bit of the Irina Armstrong Darts from Unicorn. Not the cheapest of all darts but you will get a quality product from Winmau.

Thanks again for the wee input and fine pics RedBit. :thumbup:
great pics. i like the blackouts! liked them since i first saw them. good price too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Cheers Redbit - those crisis remind me of a colourful Harrows Wolfram!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I hope you aren't disappointed, because this time I don't have shiny new darts.

#3/15: Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld Phase 1 23g:
Classic Darts in a new Dress… I guess all of you know these darts and a lot of you have already thrown them. Now they come in a new case, which is very neat and handy. Weights: 23.22 - 23.27 - 23.28 grams.

The Barney Phase 1 Darts remind me of the Bull's Mensur Suljovic Darts I bought recently. Both have about the same dimensions and micro-grip on them. But the grip on these is on a lower level - I may rated them 5 on a scale from 1 to 10.

I don't know much more to write about these darts… if you like mirco-grip and straight darts you will certainly like the Barneveld Phase 1. Or you can try out some of their little brothers like Unicorn's Joe Cullen, Krzysztof Kciuk or Dirk van Duijvenbode Darts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lovely set, have the 21g version myself. I find them a little more grippy though probably a 7/10 for me, microgrip tends to stick to my fingers very well for some reason.
That's interesting. I have the opposite problem - Sometimes darts with micro-grip slip put of my fingers.
#4/15: Unicorn Maestro Paul Nicholson 22g:
Another classic set of darts... don't worry, tomorrow I will show you some brandnew Darts.

I think these darts are well known and especially the grip is since it's identical to the grip of James Wade's and Michael van Gerwen's Darts. Even tough these darts are a bit older the match weighting of 22.22 - 22.22 - 22.31 grams is still quite okay.

I have been throwing these Darts for a while 1-2 years ago… I stopped using them because they were too long and the angle they were sticking in the board was too strange for me - kind of Taylor-esque. Anyway I really liked the grip of these… must be a 7 on a scale from 1 to 10.

I would recommend this Darts to a lot of people but unfortunately it's hard to get them nowadays since Paul Nicholson is signed to Winmau now. As mentioned above Michael van Gerwen's 23g or James Wade's 22g Darts are good alternatives.

Superb pictures RedBit, thanks for sharing them!

Those Unicorn Nichos look almost a carbon copy of the Phase 1 Wades, minus the "gripper" coating and the black paint in the rings. And the RvB 1s are lovely, I threw a set of Phase 2As yesterday, wow what a dart. I could see that microgrip wearing down fairly quickly with good grouping (i.e. not mine...)