Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

2 different throws for scoring and closing
I have 2 different throw
one for scoring and
another for closing....both are effective...
tell me If this is a good practice....but I found it really effective on each
situation and use....
Personally, I've never heard of such a thing and I've been playing since the 80's. That said, if it works for you, then by all means continue on.
To add a bit to my prior post. I try to score as many points or marks as I can on every throw. The only time I ever try to control my throw for a hit in the fat of a number wedge is when needing that number to set up an out. Say I have 59 left in a game of 01, I throw for a fat 19 to leave me double tops. Likewise, if I have 2 marks in any particular number in Cricket and only need 1 more to close, I'll also aim for the fat of the number needed. No sense in trying for trebles in that scenario and aiming at a narrower part of the wedge. I want to be out near the double in that case.
I also have 2 different grips In the same way. I tend to float my darts in when scoring but prefer a more direct throw when finishing, leading to different grips.

To add I actually find different darts better for the 2 scenarios as well, searching for that dart that gives me the perfect balance for both
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What are the two throws like?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It doesn't sound advisable to me. The whole point of practice is to make your throw as repeatable as possible; giving yourself two different throws to "perfect" sounds like more work than is necessary.

I would personally pick the throw that works best and practice such that it became the one and only throw you use.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scoring Jakey32 8 786 01-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Last Post: thegr812k
  Changing throws a bad idea? dj_stat8 18 1,201 06-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Strugglw with closing down matches Topolman 10 966 04-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  Scoring Roberts7286 13 1,299 01-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: barcrusher