Harrows Darts.

My Throw advice appreciated:)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TaoS-nP0q0

Hello folks,

My throw has been all over the place for the last year with zero consistency! I recently changed to Daytona fire! I also changed my grip and throw routine! I am throwing much better but still hitting 1's n 5's I threw a leg in videowhich took me 20 darts which is gooD leg by my standards and I had a score of 5 s1 t1 s1  and 24 s1  s20 t1.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Shane
On your drawback you move your upper body forward, try and keep everything still other than your forearm and it should help with your consistency.  
Nice rhythm to your throw so everything good there.

All the best going forward. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
you say its been all over the place but I aint seen it round here? I think you tell porkies Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just messin of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I noticed what Brad said too, on your very first throw you moved more than the next two, so unless you can co-ordinate such movement well like big Hendo does I would say your first priority is to try to stop that movement and just keep everything still except for the movement of the arm.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First thing I noticed was your set up is great with the dart right at eye line. But then your elbow drops quite a bit as you throw and you throw from under your chin from the looks of it. Personally I would see if I could try keeping the elbow up.
There Are No Heroes, Only Warriors
Yep, the most noticeable flaw was the elbow / shoulder drop. Try working on that, and don't despair, progress doesn't happen over night / week / month even.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-23-2016, 10:37 PM)Gada Wrote: Yep, the most noticeable flaw was the elbow / shoulder drop. Try working on that, and don't despair, progress doesn't happen over night / week / month even.

Agree with Gada here.

Any change that you make will take a long time to become natural but rest assured it will if you stick at it.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(11-23-2016, 06:06 PM)Getagrip Wrote: you say its been all over the place but I aint seen it round here?  I think you tell porkies Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just messin of course Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I noticed what Brad said too, on your very first throw you moved more than the next two, so unless you can co-ordinate such movement well like big Hendo does I would say your first priority is to try to stop that movement and just keep everything still except for the movement of the arm.

Thanks great white and Darren for your replies!

It was the first throw that I hit the 5 so interesting you picked that out! I am actually just gone home from league darts I had to play a play off to get into the team which I won 3-0 but then lost my game 3-1 I scored well but doubles let me down! 

I taught I stayed still but obviously don't any tips on not moving forward?
(11-24-2016, 01:24 AM)Banz Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 10:37 PM)Gada Wrote: Yep, the most noticeable flaw was the elbow / shoulder drop. Try working on that, and don't despair, progress doesn't happen over night / week / month even.

Agree with Gada here.

Any change that you make will take a long time to become natural but rest assured it will if you stick at it.

Thanks guys with my old throw I used to really drop my arm nearly causing me to hit skirting boards. Hence I changed it! I understand Changing grip darts and throw is going to take a wee while to get use to but when I don't drop my elbow I hit the number 20 going for teble! Is their any practice I can do to learn to stop dropping my elbow?
(11-23-2016, 09:45 PM)Seedykiwi Wrote: First thing I noticed was your set up is great with the dart right at eye line. But then your elbow drops quite a bit as you throw and you throw from under your chin from the looks of it.  Personally I would see if I could try keeping the elbow up.

Thank you Seedykiwi! Your spot on I do! In fact a lot of the time I hit my collor bone with the flight had to stop using flight protectors as it was getting so sore and really causing me to. Spray darts! I hit far more 1's then 5's is their anything that would cause that?
First of all stretch and keep your elbow level, lock your shoulder but not to a degree where it feel s stiff, unnatural or causes you pain. There's probably dozens of miniscule details to pay attention to, but surely the rest of the folks here will add them. This was what i personally did with my throw. The other thing is, those adjustments happen with time and deliberate, quality practice. No shortcuts, no secret exercises, same as with any sport really.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I think its a case of concentrating on some aspects for a while and take it one at a time, I think the first thing is just to get your stance stable and steady but as I say many times people all have their own way and if that way works then good but if not I guess you have to change something.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-24-2016, 03:04 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think its a case of concentrating on some aspects for a while and take it one at a time, I think the first thing is just to get your stance stable and steady but as I say many times people all have their own way and if that way works then good but if not I guess you have to change something.

Spot on Darren.  Best not to complicate the issue/throw, just concentrate on any one part at a time.

"Paralysis by over analysis.", is never good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for my throw Stefan Gusko 9 601 05-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: 5or1
  cant find a throw or grip that feels right, need advice Liam Twigg 7 993 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dj_stat8
  developed a bad habit with throw need some advice gunner88 4 832 04-15-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: barcrusher
  Advice Appreciated Fizban 2 396 03-23-2017, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Fizban
  Advice on darts and throw please :) ross.e 3 747 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: ross.e
  Struggling with my throw and need outside advice. watsontotty 10 1,704 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Last Post: watsontotty
  advice on my throw please guys. Lee Taylor 11 2,357 07-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: BigE
  Advice on my throw LionCityDarter 24 4,947 12-25-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Regulatori