Darts Buddy

S7 #11 Reviews: Winmau 24g Robbie Green
Greeting Nutz!

This will be my last review for a veeery long time due to some major work commitments next year so let's make the most of it with a review of the new Robbie Green darts from Winmau.

1. PACKAGING

I don't know about you but I am not too impressed with the zebra style colouring. I would have much preferred a solid colour. and that small black area to the back of the dart where the 'W' is makes the dart look much smaller than it is. Below is a comparison to his 21.5g version and a set of 23g John Parts. I think he based his set after trying a set of Parts:

2. DIMENSIONS AND GRIP

These darts are deceptively longer than they appear and the width just screams EVIL!!! Almost the perfect dimensions I like in a dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .They are a straight barrel dart with a taper towards the nose.

They have quite a deep cut ring section along most of the barrel (his previous darts had more of a John Part style grip) with a small mocrogrip section towards the back. The main grip is pretty strong and is pretty similar to the grip on the Showtime Fusion. I found the grip to be a little too much for me and is a definite 4/5.

3. BALANCE

The red area (don't worry it came off) is the exact centre of the barrel so, unladen, it is ever so slightly front weighted:

With the original set up of medium stems and pear flights it comes with then it shifts slightly to the rear:

My set up of short stems and standard (how good do the retina flights and new supergrip fusions look?!?!?!) flights then the balance is central:

4. PERFORMANCE

The gold Robbie Green darts were superb to throw and flew very straight and true for me. These are no exception. The grip makes them feel very secure in my hand and the added grip to the point (exactly where my finger sits) adds to this. They fly very straight and no fishtailing was noted during flight. They are also very well balanced and fly virtually same when I used aither a front or rear grip:

5. VERDICT

Overall, these are a good solid set of darts with a strong grip which is just a little too much for me. They are well balanced and that would suit any sort of grip front or rear. They flew very well regardless. The issue I have is with that colour scheme! It is so distracting and I don't know whay companies have to throw mad colours at their darts just for the sake of it. Someimes less is more and I think these would look even better if they were just a solid colour (I think gold would look amazing!) The latest Winmau release is definitely onyx-heavy this year. I don't know why but every dart I try from Winmau always leaves me with a 'meh' feeling. They do very good darts but they just don't possess a wow factor with me (apart from the smooth Hankeys - they are incredible). If you are looking for a strong grip and a well balanced dart then give these a whirl but they aren't life changing and they don't really stand out for me. A definite 2.5/5 for me - They aren't bad by any means, they stand out for the wrong reasons and I think it's just the looks that bug me.

6. A FINAL BIT FROM ME......

I will be a nut for 2 years come January and it's always been a pleasure to chat, review and flog darts. As I said my contribution to this great forum will be non-existent for a good 6 months or so next year due to work and I won't even be able to throw a dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. but don't worry, I will be back!. And just think of all those new sets I'll be coming back to!!!! Peace and Love. Ryan.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review Ryan, well done. :thumbup:

I have a theory on why the back end is black on these and maybe the new Ana's as well.  The black at the rear gives the dart a smaller profile which opens up the scoring segment for grouping by playing a trick with ones eyes.  

Or maybe/likely not. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Well done Bud.
may all the doubles be with you

Nice review mate

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Thanks Ryan, great review, lol at the evil thickness Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I thought you were balancing them on an extra strong mint at first, I thought wow he has some patience to do that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Oh and all the best and hope to see you all fresh and keen to buy with all that money you will have made in 6 months, have a good one! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-22-2016, 03:36 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Ryan, great review, lol at the evil thickness Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I thought you were balancing them on an extra strong mint at first, I thought wow he has some patience to do that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brilliant. Might have to consider it though.....
Nice review fella

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
Superb review. I too am undecided on the look of them. Nice write up and pics. Hope once your 6 months is up you come back with a new vigour for darts and we see you back around here, all the best
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

nice review. The colour look nice for me (till it fade out). And i'm glad you like the grip. Last weeks I'm tending too like darts with deep ring grip much. So simple and so nice grip.
Ayup Ryan

Nice review, and don't bend down to pick up the soap in the showers!

Shed
(11-23-2016, 06:51 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Ryan

Nice review, and don't bend down to pick up the soap in the showers!

Shed

Lol cheers. It wasn't a roundabout way of saying I'm doing six months at her Majesty's pleasure.
Good review, man. May look at getting the 22g version soon.
Nice review Ryan! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the great review and pics Ryan. Ive played with these darts for a couple of weeks now and agree they fly really well and I seem to score pretty heavily with them. I'm not greatly bothered by the Onyx Zebra Christmas bauble decoration though -the Onyx has worn off mine already. Paul Nicholson, commenting on a Danny Noppert game at the Lakeside said, similar to a previous reply that the black darts merge into the back ground of the 20, therefore leaving the treble the eyes main focus. Does anyone think this is Winmau's intention? Is it a legitimate claim?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 3,007 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  TITAN REVIEWS - Cosmo Dart Case (GREEN) Titan 17 6,239 10-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: kungfuron
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,893 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,263 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  TITAN REVIEWS - Winmau Crisis 22g Titan 20 7,432 12-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Chardotz
  TITAN REVIEWS - COMING SOON Titan 6 1,271 09-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Titan