Harrows Darts.

Practice with music?
Hi all. Just getting everyone's opinion on this... When you practice do you practice with earphones/headphones on? I switch between using them and not using them. Listening to music helps in that it prevents any background noise (neighbours banging etc.), but sometimes I find myself concentrating on the music itself, especially if it is an upbeat song or a song I like. So should I continue listening to music, and if so what kind of music is best, while not taking into account one's individual tastes?
Thanks,
Liam.
21g Harrows Fire
I don't use headphones but do listen to music most of the time when practicing.   I'll pop 5 CD's in the player, hit random and let it rip.   This is pretty much how it is where ever you play darts in bars with music playing, so may as well practice with it in the background.   

I'll sometimes just turn on the TV to a sporting event like a football or baseball game since there are a lot of bars that are labeled "Sports Bars" that have many TV's on at any given time with games playing for their customers to watch.

I tend to want to practice in the conditions I will find myself playing in. As for what music to listen to, I see nothing wrong with listening to what you like, even though you will run into all types of music in venues, and some of it may grate on your nerves. I hate hip-hop and rap and never listen to that crap when practicing, but have run into it when playing at other places. That is when I try my best to block it out and not let it bother me.
I've never played with music in the background as I know it affects my rhythm, music affects most things i do, from driving, to running, to just work, the tempo changes with the music.

I will play with a TV on in the background with some sport on it though.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
Usually hit shuffle on the iPod or listen to the radio.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I find the feel of headphones incredibly distracting, much more so than most background sounds. The only way I'd need them is if I'm trying to block out the sound of someone talking to me during my throws, and if I'm dealing with someone that inconsiderate I just pack up the darts and walk away anyway.

I sometimes put music on when I'm practicing drills. If you're easily distracted I would suggest listening to instrumental music such as jazz, smooth jazz, classical, ambient, or some EDM rather than music with lyrics.
Put on, whatever is usually played at the venues you play at. Preferably, at the same volume. I'm sure the PROs record and playback the chaos that accompanies stage play when they practice! :-)
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I listen to music, sometimes with headphones sometimes through my speakers. I have a tv near my board so sometimes I watch a movie/tv shows or even live sports while playing. Sometimes I play my best when I'm not concentrating 100%.
I do not practise with earphones on, but I do listen to the radio while playing darts.
In that way it looks like I have better moments with music than without!

So I would say, keep the music turned on!
I hear the stream of my local radio station.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

I rarely throw without the TV or radio on as never played in a quiet pub
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
The vast majority of the time I throw with music on in the background unless I am practicing with a bud where I want to have a conversation as well.  I don't think putting on headphones is a great idea as some leagues wont let you do that during play -
Ayup Liam

I have music on always, helps me relax.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I pretty much always have music on in the background when practising. It helps to drown out other noises in the house - wife and kids Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. and help simulate the noise that there would be in the venue whilst playing. The only time I won't have music on is when my friend is round for a practice as we would chat and the music would be too much of a distraction then. I would also not put the radio on as I find myself listening to the talking sections and not concentrating on my darts, whereas if it is just constant music in the background it doesn't warrant my full listening attention so I can put that into my practcie
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Having music in the background is fine, but you wouldn't play a game with headphones of any description, so why use them in practice??
Bit like practising in slippers.

Chris..