Unicorn

How many times have you said"this is definitely the last set I'm buying"?
I only started playing darts again a year or so ago and got into the expensive habit of buying darts sets to try and find my perfect set.
Everytime I got a new set in the post  I would be excited opening them and getting them set up for throwing but after a few weeks I would see another set and think I'll try that shape/weight etc.
I have purchased three new sets in the last month and finally I think I have found my perfect set(said it before umpteen times now)....I said to myself after throwing them today "that's it definitely no more dart sets for a long time"
I got my old sets together trying to decide what to sell on and what to keep as I shouldn't really be buying darts(I should be paying my bills!)

Am I the only one that does this or is this quite common?
(please,please tell me this is perfectly normal behaviour for a new darts player!)
I know this feeling of throwing new darts .... it s a little bit of christmas every day  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. and it s very very normal.

After a long search of the perfect dart I nearly think , the perfect dart doesnt exist.  It s only in your head . I believe , i have five sets of perfect darts at home , and it s a matter of daily form , mood and luck , how they work. 
When i tend to one dart , this darts seems to get worse , if i take another , it s better soon. So only in your head . 

You can buy hundreds of sets in the hope to find the perfect dart . A dart , that suits to you , is a perfect dart . A dart you throw 180 with , is a perfect dart. You can have a lot of perfect darts. You have to believe in.

As i just said , it s only in your head.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I say it many times everyday!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
9 times (i have 10 sets of darts as of today)

But seriously, I think it's pretty similar to me as it is with you, and yes it looks like it's very common. At the beginning (ie a lil over 2 months ago) I thought I was just going to try 1 or 2 more brass darts to work out my favoured weight and barrel shape and then buy a set of tungsten and then that would be it. But I practiced every day and really started getting into it, and found myself just buying different shaped darts, mostly to find The One, and partly out of curiosity to see how that shape would fly.

Because of that, all my darts have very different shapes from during my learning process, but lately I've chosen the John Lowe shaped dart to focus on mostly because I've discovered that I prefer front loaded darts, having seen this advice to stick to one set of darts much mentioned by people.

Now the sets that I'm buying are tweaking that shape, a bit longer and narrower on the barrel, a bit more grippy, and so on, but still keeping that John Lowe template shape.
Between 15 and 20 times....and counting.
I stopped saying it . ( I did try a few times  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) I'll never find "The One" because it doesn't exist . What does exist is "The One for Now"  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I love having different dart shapes and weights to throw because it's just plain entertaining to me .
Bring em on !!!
Relatively cheap hobby all things considered .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I just said it a few days ago... and listed 3 sets that I want a day after having said that.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

I'm the other side of the coin... I haven't ever said it but I have found "The Ones" as the Duzza's are my forever darts.

That won't stop me buying darts as I like to own the signature darts of the players I like, or whose darts I like. I'll probably add a set of Kyle Andersons to my collection* at some stage even though I don't think I'll be able to throw them very well. I'd also like to try the 12g Buntings but I can't see my buying pace of a couple of sets a year changing any time soon.

*Collection stands at Duzzas + Winmau Merv Kings and 14g Hankeys.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Never ever ever, I realised a long time ago there is no such thing as "the one". I'm a player that will always be average and no special dart will ever change that, I will and have always enjoyed the excitement of trying different darts/flights/stems etc and the only thing that restricts that is funds.
I dont buy darts looking for a miracle, I enjoy playing and still try to improve every single time I throw so to all you Dartsnutz out there I say.
My name is ChrisTheFish and I am a dartaholic, will I keep buying well Hell Yes
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
A couple of times. I have had 38 or so sets (helped along in parts by Getagrips reviews) since Jan this year. Settled now and playing with one set and got a spare of those.
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
(11-16-2016, 08:48 PM)Jefferz Wrote: 9 times (i have 10 sets of darts as of today)

But seriously, I think it's pretty similar to me as it is with you, and yes it looks like it's very common. At the beginning (ie a lil over 2 months ago) I thought I was just going to try 1 or 2 more brass darts to work out my favoured weight and barrel shape and then buy a set of tungsten and then that would be it. But I practiced every day and really started getting into it, and found myself just buying different shaped darts, mostly to find The One, and partly out of curiosity to see how that shape would fly.

Because of that, all my darts have very different shapes from during my learning process, but lately I've chosen the John Lowe shaped dart to focus on mostly because I've discovered that I prefer front loaded darts, having seen this advice to stick to one set of darts much mentioned by people.

Now the sets that I'm buying are tweaking that shape, a bit longer and narrower on the barrel, a bit more grippy, and so on, but still keeping that John Lowe template shape.

Pretty much exactly this...

I too have settled on a John Lowe style dart (for now) and my small collection shows the evolution to my current daily arrers.

But it won't stop me buying more it just means I now know which ones to buy if I want to be able to use them.

Although that hasn't seemed to stop me buying darts just because I like them and knowing they aren't ever going to be "the ones" as they are either the wrong shape or weight for what I currently throw.

I've always been a collector of something or other since childhood, I'm also an ex modeller and like to display things. 

Darts are much cheaper than boxes of plastic bit's and alot easier to make look pretty, and the wife's happy because they aren't just dust magnets.

Cheers 
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Never,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ok so I've said it so many times that I've lost count. I'd say after about 12 sets of darts I quit telling the wife I had bought more because she didn't seem interested anymore. Now she just says it's an addiction I have. Oh really?!!! But, for now I'm done buying more.................Oh really??!!
I gave myself a 1 set per month limit which I have never made. I've only been throwing 2 months and I have 6 sets with another 2 on the way. I am going to try and make that all for this year.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
I've said it quite a lot, but still not as much as Peter Wright Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sometimes I buy a set just to try out knowing that it will never be a match set or to add a different manufacturer brand to my stable. I have all to often bought a set thinking that it would be better for me and be my match set, whereas I know that I should really just commit to 1 set that I feel comfortable and confident with and see it through. But I do love trying all kinds of darts and if you don't try them then you'll never know!!!!!!!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current mail order times Hazza 28 1,101 01-25-2021, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Darty
  Regarding: shipping times from DC to your door experiences CalixNL 56 3,813 07-31-2020, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Luca82cb
  Old Times rabsmith2 5 755 06-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Interview with the three-times women's world champion Lisa Ashton! Dartsweb 8 1,426 01-24-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: William.dyer
  Bad times Carpy 17 2,619 01-24-2018, 01:35 AM
Last Post: William.dyer