Harrows Darts.

One80 Jetstream Spitfire 25g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urGrbnkXSY

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I actually got these end of August I think from One80 but I held off reviewing them as I was expecting them to be in the UK shops in October but there is no sign of them as yet and I am not sure if or when they will be in UK.  So at present they have been available in Germany for a while and they retail for 69 Euros which is £59 at present. This is the Spitfire 25g model from the One80 Jetstream range which is themed on planes.  There is a soft tip range too.  There is also a 21 and 23g version of these and it says VHD tungsten on the box but not sure if that means 90& or 95% tungsten.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a very nicely designed box with some nice artwork of the iconic Spitfire on a raiseable flap which is magnetic and there is a window visible to the right and open rasing the flap more windows showing the contents inside.  If you open the bottom of the box there is a little pull tab so you can pull the inside tray out.  The contents are all neatly housed in a dense foam tray with a velvety feeling cover and the darts are supplied with a set of polycarbonate stems and a set of alloy stems and a set of standard flights and a set of kite shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels have a very nice grip style with a normal razor style grip near the front then a kind of razor flat ring style and the a scollop section at the rear with some very finely machined rings and grooves.  There is also longitudonal grooves cut into the barrel which have a nice blue ti accent. The transition from the point to barrel is very smooth and seems to be a One80 signature style of machining so no need for storm points or trident cones here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I would say over all the grip level is a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels are almost perfectly match and the difference between lightest and heaviest is just five hundredths of a gram so very good:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved closer to barrels centre still slightly weighted:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped on the razor style section:

CONCLUSION:

I found these to be quite a curious darts actually.  Looking at the way the scallop section is at the rear you would think they are made for rear grippers who like a front weighted dart so why all the nice grippy section at the front?  Seems a little odd in that regard but as a front gripper I am not complaining as I thought overall they flew very well with my front grip and after the video I hit a few 140's so was more than happy with that.  At times though I did got a lot of spin and on some throws it was almost too much and seemed to cause the darts to drift and dip a bit.  Its not a fault with the darts of course, its just how it interacted with my grip and throw and after a couple more days it was less of an issue but not gone completely.  Flight was generally good through the air just a little bit of fishtailing but hardly enough to warrant a mention really.  Overall it was a very good dart with my front grip and below I was tempted to score a 9 for its suitability for me but because of the occasionally oversping I will stick with 8.

As usual I tried from the middle and rear and the middle was not totally terrible with my not natural middle grip but I got less to zero spin and it flew a little smoother but I thought the balance felt better at the front.  Could still work very for natural middle grippers but its a difficult one for me to judge so sorry I can help you middies (yeah I coined a new term Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.) any more than that but if you get some let me know how you get on Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

From the rear was also a little strange in that I got pretty much zero spin and I usually get lots when trying a rear grip?  But certainly the darts feel comfy enough in the scallop and I think they may have flown better for me with the rear than the middle and it had a nice arc so I think for rear grippers that like a front weighted dart it should be good for you but then it brings me back to the point about most of the grip been at the front, I guess if you rest your fingers on it then its fine but is it not the thumb and index finger providing must control and thrust?

The darts themeselves have a great look that I think suits the Spitfire name and the quality is very nice indeed.  I certainly like them for my front grip style although I think some may find the 7mm a little chunky but I think its just right and suits the barrels characteristics.

So a good buy for fronties and probably the same for backies (lol there just coined another one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.) but not sure on middies Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If you have watched the video then I apologise for getting a little upset but I thought it would be strange to cut that bit out as it may not flow right but my uncle Brian was like my second father and taught me a lot of things, so for him to die exactly 1 year after my dad was a tough one and why I want to dedicate the review to him.  I had planned to have this posted on Remembrance day but had a lot of internet issues so its put me behind on time.

For Private E.B. Woodall Northumberland Fusiliers, Korean War veteran.  1932 - 2016 R.I.P.  (say hi to mam and dad for me).

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (very angry style suits its moniker well)
Grip: 7.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (very close)
Quality: 9 (veryl good)
Value: 6.5 (if cheaper in UK then a 7)
Suitability for me: 8 (fly really well just like a Spitty!)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Update: Extra pic from the box with info on barrels.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another class review. First of all, it's about time we saw the man behind the experience.

But more importantly, sorry to read about your uncle. You keep strong.
Great photos, amazing design and they are 25gr. Grrrrrrr why they have to be so expensive?
Really Great review Darren +1 from me

P.S: sorry about your loss
Great review and a very nice touching intro +1.
Really sorry about your loss.

Middies and backies lol
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I have to give you credit for this one Darren. Not only is it a very interesting review but you didn't edit out the emotions shown concerning your uncle.
My condolences to you are in order
I liked the video of the planes and it left me wondering just what else this review would be hiding later on in the review
These look like a nice dart. A bit long and too heavy for me but now I can save some cash to put some food on the table for the grand kids
+1
Looks like you got a hair cut?
(11-16-2016, 09:29 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Another class review. First of all, it's about time we saw the man behind the experience.

But more importantly, sorry to read about your uncle. You keep strong.

Cheers! LOL hope I never scared you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks!

(11-16-2016, 10:11 PM)copigme Wrote: Great photos, amazing design and they are 25gr. Grrrrrrr why they have to be so expensive?
Really Great review Darren +1 from me

P.S: sorry about your loss

Thanks John! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Hopefully they will be cheaper for UK.

(11-17-2016, 03:02 AM)jc14 Wrote: Great review and a very nice touching intro +1.
Really sorry about your loss.

Middies and backies lol

Thanks James, lol got to call them something Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-17-2016, 03:30 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I have to give you credit for this one Darren. Not only is it a very interesting review but you didn't edit out the emotions shown concerning your uncle.
My condolences to you are in order
I liked the video of the planes and it left me wondering just what else this review would be hiding later on in the review
These look like a nice dart. A bit long and too heavy for me but now I can save some cash to put some food on the table for the grand kids
+1
Looks like you got a hair cut?

Cheers Tom! Glad you liked it, I always shave me noggin, had shaved it the previous day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review. The step in the barrel looks like it would work for me. If there's a lighter model <50mm long I might invest in a set. +1 for the review changes too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Great review as always !
I love the new way the center of gravity is shown on the pics. Would be nice to see that same information on the assembled dart with the different size stems too.

Cheers,

P.S: Sorry about your loss !
Darts: Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 LP 25g
Experiments: Lots
Results: I hit the board most of the time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not really keen on these darts. Scalopped darts are not made for me.

Really orry to hear about your loss.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great review Darren! +1 I really like the transition of the point to the barrel on (most of the) One80 darts.

Really sorry about your uncle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-17-2016, 11:16 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Thanks for the review. The step in the barrel looks like it would work for me. If there's a lighter model <50mm long I might invest in a set. +1 for the review changes too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

Cheers! I have added an extra pic from the box with more info in the review but will post it here too:

(11-17-2016, 11:47 AM)kresike Wrote: Great review as always !
I love the new way the center of gravity is shown on the pics. Would be nice to see that same information on the assembled dart with the different size stems too.

Cheers,

P.S: Sorry about your loss !

Thanks! Yeah I will add it to those too just was short of time for this one and had already done the first ones Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-17-2016, 11:55 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not really keen on these darts. Scalopped darts are not made for me.

Really orry to hear about your loss.

Thanks mate, yeah scallops are not usually something I like, they often feel comfy but it depends how its positioned and how deep it is etc Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-17-2016, 12:06 PM)Kev Wrote: Great review Darren! +1 I really like the transition of the point to the barrel on (most of the) One80 darts.

Really sorry about your uncle Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Kev! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for that Darren. 21g it is!
First off, very sorry for your loss Darren.

Once again a fantastic review. :thumbup:  Bit of a "chunky monkey" dart for One80, but it does look good.

Maybe them Spitfire darts will as distinctive as the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine powering them Spitfire fighters in your video. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-17-2016, 12:58 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Thanks for that Darren. 21g it is!

(11-17-2016, 01:03 PM)Great White North Wrote: First off, very sorry for your loss Darren.

Once again a fantastic review. :thumbup:  Bit of a "chunky monkey" dart for One80, but it does look good.

Maybe them Spitfire darts will as distinctive as the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine powering them Spitfire fighters in your video. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Brad!

Yeah a bit chunky but its fine for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I like new cog show pics.
Great as always and improving.

We all are lucky to have you with us.
Valencia/Spain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Rebel 24g review 21/41 5 243 10-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Darty
  One80 R2 Reaim 25g review 21/41 6 263 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 18,815 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 - Scott Kirchner - 22g - Review vanJupp 10 1,191 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sowatt
  One80 - Nighthunter Sting - 24g - Review vanJupp 39 6,591 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,708 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  One80 - Thanawat 23g - Review vanJupp 12 1,793 11-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  One80 Chameleon Coral 24g Darts Review Getagrip 26 18,477 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Re-Flex Reactive 24g darts review Getagrip 42 23,664 06-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: GPage64
  One80 Cutlass Review: The Rear Grippers Dream Dart Cankles of Fury 73 41,533 03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one