Double Top Darts.

Does this have some merit ?
Hi I wanted to ask is there any reason to start drawback from this position .Because when I tried it I was on 11 darter (I koala it up),but nonetheless ,thing I want
to understand is it mental quirk ,or doing this has some merit

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)

I do it to make sure my arm is straight and lined up to my target, might work for some but not for others.
do you mean holding the dart vertical like Mensur? If so then no there is no reason to do it, its just that is the way he does it but if it works for you then keep doing it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I mean long straight arm before throw
180-1(33)

I think this is a case of to each their own - probably works great for some but others not so much - I know it does not suit me
(11-16-2016, 02:44 PM)Troll Wrote: I mean long straight arm before throw

I always does the long straight before throw. It is a sight technique where the flight or a specific part of barrel as a see through point(pivot). the long position, pull back position will see the target through the same pivot point

I m not sure if I explain it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instead of asking if this is right try it and see, there is no quick fix in darts everybody's throw is different what works for one might not the other, find what works for you
(11-16-2016, 03:35 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Instead of asking if this is right try it and see, there is no quick fix in darts everybody's throw is different what works for one might not the other, find what works for you

Spot on! :thumbup:
Personally if i did that all night long ,,,I would be a wreck,,,,, Just putting my arm extended like that and holding it reminds me of torture ,,,,Ever put a hard back book in your hands and hold it out for as long as you can with your palms up,,,,, try it sometime,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Troll, How are things with you? I'm not crazy about this method, as you are introducing more actions into your throw. Again, everyone needs to throw how they feel comfortable, natural and confident. This brings more error in the shoulder movement and release point. With my throw as well as teaching our youth program here I teach to keep it simple and by that I mean starting closer to my face (I'm 6' 4") about 4" inches from eye, dart point slightly up (about 160 degrees), slow back swing and then a smooth throw and follow through right to the target. Darts is a muscle memory and highly concentration sport so the more you can eliminate more movement (in my opinion again), the better odds of repeating every throw. Again, I still believe it is more important to throw to your style and what feel natural and comfortable. Hope this helps! Nothing wrong with tinkering with your throw, just don't kill yourself and have high expectations of progression right away, I have changed mine over the years and still do, looking for perfections....coming to realize there might be no such thing.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
I do something like that for just a second on my first dart.
It is when I check my grip, and pick my target.
Then I often do it again when I switch targets.
Never really thought about it before.
Just an alternative way to aim . Not for me personally ,but as others have said if it works for you ...go for it .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Like I said I have tried it before ,and it worked very well ,and I am thinking about doing it again .But the Big problem for whole time I am playing (7-8 years)is I can play good or fast .And I am constantly switching between quality and happiness for whole time
180-1(33)

whatever works use it
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I have my arm at about 90 degrees and hold it before I start my throw. It's at about the point where I release the dart on the follow through.

Never consciously thought about it though.

I think this would be a "do what feels natural" call and I agree with Leaky that the fewer moving parts the better.

Finally, as with all things darts, it's hard to know if changes are benefiting from the honeymoon effect. Any tweak you make that adds 10 points or more to your PPD is probably unlikely to last.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)