Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Monster Anastasia 20g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2cD1iEAtk

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

Firstly I just want to say thanks to Tony Martin for sending these darts for review and for getting Anastasia to sign them, many thanks!  This is the first set of Monster darts I have reviewed although I bought some Klaasens in January this year but not even opened them yet!  So as I know you Nutz are such eager beavers I thought I best get these reviewed as a few were very keen to get a set.  I dont know when they are in the shops or what price they will be but I am told it will be in line with other models from Monster so I am guessing around the £50 mark but dont hold me to that!  What I do know is they are 90% tungsten and the weight of the barrels are a little over 20g but as you can see on the box it says 22g which is the weight of the full setup.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a neat square plastic box with a slide out tray and are supplied with some medium stems and standard Monster flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels are a classice straight barrel design with a rounded bull nose and the grip is mostly made up of a thin ring style which had a gold ti coating.  I think the coating is adding a little to the grip but overall its medium level verging onto a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

All 3 are exact so perfect!:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved almost exactly centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these around where the circular indents are and a little on the ring grip:

CONCLUSION:

I think these are very nice looking darts and as its a classic straight barrel shape it should be vesatile enough to suit a variety of grip positions.

Throwing them with my front grip I think it was mostly smooth in flight just a little fishtailing and spin but I am not sure if that was down to me throwing them a little harder as they did feel very light and I felt they dipped a little at first.  I think on the whole though they performed far better than I expected but I think I would like them even more if they were a little heavier, may have to try and get some of that tungsten putty and add a little in as these are drilled out to half the barrels length!

I think the way the darts are set though been drilled out so much has made the darts nearly perfectly balanced at the barrels centre.  I think I noticed this straight away when throwing with a middle grip and threw the darts very well for me!  I think Ana is a middle gripper looking at the pics I saw so these should be a very good set for middle grippers.  

I was not so hot with them using a rear grip though, they were kind of all ove the place, a natural rear gripper should do better but I think maybe if not on the very rear of the barrel.

So my first taste of Monster darts and I think it was a very pleasant one at that.  The darts are very nicely machined and feel very nice in the grip, comfortable and a nice feeling of quality.  My biggest gripe is the weight, its the only thing that has stopped me buying Monster darts really, I see so many sets that look great and then check the weight and feel disappointed because they are often 20g or less, c'mon Monster we want some 22g+ barrels!

Still in spite of that I have thrown them a bit more and kind of getting used to the light weight but I cant shake that feeling in the back of my head that an extra 2 or 3 gram would be better, so I am off to locate some of that tungsten putty Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (very nice)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9.5 (Excellent)
Value: ? (dont know yet will update when I do)
Suitability for me: 7 (may be an 8 plus if heavier)

Best Feature: Centre balance  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent review Grip, and totally agree on the weight thing, I'd love to see some heavier darts from Monster as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'll watch the video later (if I remember lol) as just about to watch the footie, but great pics as ever - and congrats to Ana and Tony on the pregnancy, apparently she is glowing over in Jersey
Very excited to get a set of these. Ana's unicorn barrels are my match darts so these should work well. Great review!
Great review again Darren. :thumbup:

That first stem sure flew when removing it from the packet, good one. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Top of my list these are. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review once again! Like the look of these apart from the black part, looks a bit weird to suddenly have black paint there.
Thanks again for a great review, I'm not a straight barrel guy but I am a Monster fan so I may give these a go.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Great review Darren!
Nice darts, when the black section would be gold
may all the doubles be with you

Great review Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Very nice darts (apart from the black part which may look better in gold or without coating). But no signature flights, just standard Monster flights? :dodgy:
Excellent review as always.
Fine looking set of darts.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Very sweet these darts are. I think the black rear end of the barrel can be matched up nice with some black stems.

The set up could be on the light side for me but when the money gets here I might step up to the plate and push the limit on the bank card for these

+1 Darren for getting busy and reviewing them so quickly in your usual professional way that most of us have come to appreciate
Thanks Darren. They look great. I don't see how I can avoid buying these.
Excellent review, the new illustration for balance point is wonderfull Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Board : winmau blade 5
Curent darts sets  :
RD Martin Atkins 24g / Rd nylon stem / RD standard flight
Winmau Testament 24g / harrows speedline or alamo shaft / kite flight
(11-11-2016, 08:42 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I'll watch the video later (if I remember lol) as just about to watch the footie, but great pics as ever - and congrats to Ana and Tony on the pregnancy, apparently she is glowing over in Jersey

Cheers Mike! That's strange you mention that, I did not know she was pregnant but I was wondering when messaging Tony the other day if they had kids, must have been one of my semi psychic moments again lol Congrats to the both though! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-11-2016, 08:42 PM)Aaron Makepeace Wrote: Very excited to get a set of these. Ana's unicorn barrels are my match darts so these should work well. Great review!

Cheers, if you liked the Unicorn ones then you may like these even more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-11-2016, 08:53 PM)Great White North Wrote: Great review again Darren. :thumbup:

That first stem sure flew when removing it from the packet, good one. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Top of my list these are. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Brad! LOL that stem just hated been in the box and it could not wait! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-11-2016, 08:57 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Great review once again! Like the look of these apart from the black part, looks a bit weird to suddenly have black paint there.

Cheers Joeri! When I first saw the pics of them I thought the black was micro grip.

(11-11-2016, 09:01 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Thanks again for a great review, I'm not a straight barrel guy but I am a Monster fan so I may give these a go.

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-11-2016, 10:08 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Great review Darren!
Nice darts, when the black section would be gold

Thanks Fred, yeah I think gold would have been a nicer option.

(11-11-2016, 10:28 PM)Kev Wrote: Great review Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Very nice darts (apart from the black part which may look better in gold or without coating). But no signature flights, just standard Monster flights?  :dodgy:

Cheers Kev, does seem a little strange there is no specific flights for Ana?

(11-11-2016, 10:33 PM)jc14 Wrote: Excellent review as always.
Fine looking set of darts.

Cheers James! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-12-2016, 12:50 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Very sweet these darts are. I think the black rear end of the barrel can be matched up nice with some black stems.

The set up could be on the light side for me but when the money gets here I might step up to the plate and push the limit on the bank card for these

+1 Darren for getting busy and reviewing them so quickly in your usual professional way that most of us have come to appreciate

Thanks Tom and spoken like a true Nutz!

(11-12-2016, 09:56 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Thanks Darren. They look great. I don't see how I can avoid buying these.

Cheers lol another set to tempt you with then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-12-2016, 12:32 PM)Bishop Wrote: Excellent review, the new illustration for balance point is wonderfull Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate, I tried to improve that part but it could be a bit awkward on some barrel shapes as I am using such a thin piece of plastic to balance it on Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monster Jelle Klaasen 22g darts review Getagrip 40 13,782 04-30-2020, 04:13 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Monster Leveret II Steel Tip 22g Darts Review Ryk 7 755 11-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Cateye