Unicorn

Differences in Japanese Darts series ...
... specifically, the normal signature series of Cosmo, and the Code Metal range? The Juggler range, I can figure out because of the slightly more complex cuts and designs.

Product catalog says pretty much nothing other than the best materials, dulled finish of the flagship series, but at least there's one specific claim: tolerances to 1/1000th of an inch but it doesn't say it it's only for Code Metal, or the entire brand. I'll paste what the catalog says below.

Perhaps I might have missed out on some in-depth technical pages in Japanese or something, or searching for it requires a different paradigm ... 

Does anybody know?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Oh, also if you know anything about Joker Driver's manufacturing, QC and philosophies, do share.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cosmo Catalog says:

“Dart Brand” Made in Japan

COSMO DARTS is the ultimate brand created by Cosmo Seiki Co., Ltd. The ultra-precision injection molding manufacturer works hard to deliver innovative and reliable products. The developers have passion for producing simple and stress free darts that have evolved into the “Fit System”. CODE METAL is the flagship barrel with a semi-dull luster which combines the finest material with ultra-precision technology. Our quality products are supported by uncompromising technique and distinctive in their own way “MADE IN JAPAN” with accuracy of 1/1000 mm.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I honestly think it's just the prestige of owning a numbered set of Code Metals. I thought about trying a set of Code Metal United Label Spica but in the end I couldn't justify the purchase. 1/1000 mm accuracy is very impressive but whose fingers could ever tell the difference.

Even when brands like Yoshimura guarantee 0.01 g weight matched barrels, who could tell even if they were 0.1 g different without a scale? From the reviews done by Getagrip, Bull's Fighter has produced lots of sets that are weight matched to 0.01 g but they are less than half the price of Yoshimuras. I'm not hacking on Yoshimura, I own a set and may buy another set in the future. I admit I am a bit of a label whore, I know they won't make me throw better but if it's not taking food out of my dog's mouths, who cares.

If these high priced barrels lasted longer and kept their mirror finish, I might buy a set but you have seen for yourself that this isn't the case.

I think these barrels are to catch the occasional whale. A retailer friend said that every so often a baller comes in and just asks for the most expensive set, there is your market for Code Metal.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
I doubt its possible to really tell much difference, some darts can feel as if they are a better quality tungsten sometimes but whether its just the mind perceiving it as such or if there is an actually difference is difficult to determine. Without ever having a set I cant really say either way but also if the metal is made a little better then maybe it wears better too so that would need a long term test.

I think you should buy them Chris and do the testing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts are all about "feel" ,,,and with that I say "finish",,,, I have a set of Dynasty A-Flow darts that Retail here in the USA for $100 a set,,,The finish is second to non,,,,I can feel the quality sliding my fingers over them,,,,,Does that Mean I can throw them better than my Darts Clearance darts ,,,, Hell No,,,, I would not have paid retail for them ,,,I got them in a trade,,,,, They are the nicest set of darts I own as far as fit and finish,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I Buy,,,,,Sell,,,,Trade here on Darts Nutz and at my local bars,,,,And I have some really good deals on some darts ,,,,,And the Shark grip is the hardest dart to sell/trade,,,, and I don't know why,,,, I happen to like them,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft tip darts barrels news - Korean & Japanese jayouloun 203 76,250 01-21-2017, 02:05 AM
Last Post: b the v
  Major differences between granboard 2 and lite bballa 2 6,705 03-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scotty Burnett