Darts Buddy

What the Wombat ?
Hi there .I am not the worst player ,but my results aren`t as good as they should be ,for a player of my ability .And I think it is because ,I don`t concentrate when playing .I think, now  I will concentrate and put platypus on all other things while throwing .Sounds good?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
one of the biggest mistakes i see players make (and i'm guilty of this as well sometimes) is not actually concentrating on each and every throw. its too easy to get into a rhythm and and just start tossing darts up there without really stopping and giving your full attention and effort on every single throw. if you can train yourself to do this i am sure it will make you a much better player.

good luck!

MC
I'm at a point were I think focusing on the target is everything. On the first dart, I look over it and envision a line to my target. On the second and third, I use the first dart as a marker and continue to focus on the target while relying on muscle memory to make the adjustment. It is hard to do. Sometimes I hit that intense bit of focus and the dart lands exactly where I aimed, and it scares the crap out of me. I am trying to stay scared all the time.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I find myself losing concentration and it's annoying but on the other hand sometimes i overdo it and actually play better by just instinctively throwing. You only have to look at Talyor and Van Gerwen to see the two different approaches. Taylor absolutely concentrates and focuses on every shot whereas Van Gerwen hasn't got time to do anything other than throw from muscle memory only.
(11-10-2016, 10:25 PM)mcockrell Wrote: one of the biggest mistakes i see players make (and i'm guilty of this as well sometimes) is not actually concentrating on each and every throw. its too easy to get into a rhythm and and just start tossing darts up there without really stopping and giving your full attention and effort on every single throw. if you can train yourself to do this i am sure it will make you a much better player.

good luck!

MC

You have just described how I throw when I have entered LOD events. Playing doubles, I can't seem to get the concentration going. A few days ago, same old same old. I played miserably in doubles. While waiting between matches, the best player there that night offered me a game of singles. I requested cricket and offered that it would be a quicker game. He was fine with that. I won the diddle. I got a slow start with only 2 singles on the 20. He only got 1. I closed the twenty and then went single 19, triple 19. He asked me why I didn't point on the 20, saying that he would have. I said, I don't need to point. I am going to out-race you to the bull. And I did. At one point I took a turn and hit T16, T15, 25. It took me 2 more turns to close the bull and win. He seemed a little shell shocked, but was very gracious in losing. I look forward to seeing him again and giving him a second chance. The point is, the pace in the single game was fast. I was able to get my focus and concentration going. In doubles, I don't concentrate like I do when playing at a faster pace. Thing is, I practice for hours at an end at a very high pace. I may need to change how I practice.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-10-2016, 10:05 PM)Troll Wrote: Hi there .I am not the worst player ,but my results aren`t as good as they should be ,for a player of my ability .And I think it is because ,I don`t concentrate when playing .I think, now  I will concentrate and put platypus on all other things while throwing  .Sounds good?

High back to ya. I don't know what you mean by putting the platypus on all other things. My experience is (outside of doubles) I throw just as well in noisy bars, where the sound becomes a dull roar, as I do at home in dead silence. So I guess I am asking, what things are messing up your concentration? Watching tv while playing? Radio? Carrying on a conversation? I think these things are different to all people. You need to find the way that gives you the best focus and concentration. We are dart throwers. I am trying to figure out the same thing.

I am using platypus and Wombat as substitutes for swear words  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  By concentrating ,I mean,concentrating only on your target .I am not advocating throwing slow or playing deliberate . If you want to throw tx20,become T20 that's all I am saying .Just have tunnel vision on your target and throw these Echidna darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)

(11-11-2016, 01:25 PM)Troll Wrote: I am using platypus and Wombat as substitutes for swear words  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  By concentrating ,I mean,concentrating only on your target .I am not advocating throwing slow or playing deliberate . If you want to throw tx20,become T20 that's all I am saying .Just have tunnel vision on your target and throw these Echidna darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I did understand how you were using those words. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I was trying to figure out if there were specific things distracting you. And now, I understand what you mean by tunnel vision. I mean, that is my goal too. 

Have you seen Danny Lauby 2 play? He plays so fast he doesn't have time to lose focus. I think he is an up and comer. You might like the link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTw6UVP2F9w