Unicorn

Review Shot! 915-6 24g
Big Grin 
Hi Folks,

Two days ago these darts came in with the post, so I thought a little review of this very short fat chunky dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Here a review of the Shot! 915-6 series. (These are used ones, so not new.)

I do not have fancy measurement tools, so here the specs from the site:
Weight: 24g
Length: 32.5 mm
Thickness: 9.5 mm
Grip on the rear of the barrel, and a few rings on the front: 2 out of 5

The balance of the dart with standard point is a little front of centre, but almost centre.
Here a picture with barrel only, and one with medium stem and standard flight:

I changed the points for 42mm long points, so the actual point sticking out is longer than de barrel itself Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. . If you want to know why, it's all dartsnuts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :

At the same time I could check if it influenced the balance point (we want to know everything), and indeed, it affects the balance point a little more to the front:

I also compared it to my Unicorn Lumina's 25g (44mm long) and RedDragon Retro 22g (50.8mm long).
And I can say, if you throw with those Shots for a while and after that the quite short Lumina's, the Lumina's feel like 50mm or more...

So, I threw a little with the Shot's. Of course I deleted all the pics where I throw 26, 41 or 45, so now I look like a decent player Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .
With medium stems and standard flights they standing in the board in my usual angle:

I tried different stems, medium - in between - short, and it makes no difference in my throw, and just a very slight angle-difference in the board Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :

I took the in between stems, with different flights: standard - pear - slim, and with the slim the angle with the board was obviously different:

Last but not least, for one time I was lucky, to prove if those fat boys fit into one small triple bed or not (I must admit, when I throw most of the time not Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. , but what I said, I was lucky for one time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ):

I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have questions or want to see more, let me know.
Thanks Folks!
By the way, I am searching for the Nodor Chunky Stumpy 24g (1200 series), with those yellow rings. Those darts are very high on my wishlist... (I know, I am not at the 50 posts yet Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)
It appears that Nodor does not make them anymore. Does someone know if there is some shop where I can buy them?
(11-10-2016, 09:07 PM)Redleg Wrote: By the way, I am searching for the Nodor Chunky Stumpy 24g (1200 series), with those yellow rings. Those darts are very high on my wishlist... (I know, I am not at the 50 posts yet Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)
It appears that Nodor does not make them anymore. Does someone know if there is some shop where I can buy them?

Nice review Redleg!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Always wanted to try out the super short bombs from different companies, but never did get round to buying any!

Designa Bullies, Hi-Tec Fat B, Chunky Stumpy.

Check with AS Pub Sports if they have them. They have a few other Chunkies. https://www.dartsas.com/index.php

On DC they are Designa Bullies, but only in soft tip. Not sure if you can pump them up to the weight you want. https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?...82_822_333

You could also check if these guys have left over stocks - Pure Darts/Darts & Flights/Darts Megastore etc etc etc - they're all the same company.

https://www.dartsmegastore.com/
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/
https://www.dartsandflights.co.uk/index.php

And evilbay of course!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Always nice to see new folks doing reviews - 

So, I threw a little with the Shot's. Of course I deleted all the pics where I throw 26, 41 or 45, so now I look like a decent player Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .
Thanks for your honesty on this - and sweet job on the 180 

Also, I thought it was quite awesome how you used different shaped flights as well. 
Nice review. Those are some of the shortest and fattest darts I have seen! Nice job fitting them all in the T20, that is quite an achievement
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

+1 Redleg, good to see more people doing reviews Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I am sure I bought a set of these as I think another member posted them before and I liked the look of them, probably in a drawer with more forgotten sets I have lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks guys, will do some more reviews so now and then, depends on the flow of incoming darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
And thanks for the companies, will find many other chunky darts there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images., but the Nodor 1204 / Fat B 24g is nowhere in stock anymore.

Found many chunky darts around, but this one is the shortest and fattest (with 90% tungsten) I have seen so far.

About the flights and stems: in the past I threw a lot with kite fligths and the sigma pro flights. The slim flights never suited me. After that I could not throw with the kites and sigmas that well anymore for one or other reason, and changed to standard flights and used these since then.
Amazingly enough it did not matter a lot with these darts which stems or flights I used, so maybe it means these darts are very stable and balanced (at least with my throw)?
Hmm ... I'm not an aerodynamics engineer, so i can't say, but I think a lot of the Japanese barrel designers say something like the torpedo shaped dart is the easiest to throw, which probably explains why so many brands and models adopt that shape. While many also offer straight and very unorthodox models, the main stay is still a torpedo up to this day.

Hope you find the darts you're looking for!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
since i recently switched to bullet shape darts, I like the look of these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Nice review Redleg and good pictures too, well worth a +1 in my book even if they are a dart I could never throw.
Cant begin to understand how you got all three in the red bit but well done for hitting a max with them for sure
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I don't have 20 pages of physics formulas Chris, but I suspect they're like homing missiles - the just plunge right into the heart of the target with a streak of vengeance, and nudge the other two darts aside, instead of getting deflected.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

BTW, in the Guinness Book of Darts, there was mention of an annual darts competition at some county fair, and a company (Halex I think) sponsored 55g monster darts that in the photo looked bigger than a fat toe, which no one in their right mind could imagine a 180, but every year, according to the book, someone scores 180 with those gargantuans!

(11-11-2016, 10:01 PM)Titan Wrote: since i recently switched to bullet shape darts, I like the look of these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Then this is a must have for you, Titan!

(11-11-2016, 10:13 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Nice review Redleg and good pictures too, well worth a +1 in my book even if they are a dart I could never throw.
Cant begin to understand how you got all three in the red bit but well done for hitting a max with them for sure
Thanks Chris, but I do not understand it either Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. . General speaking, for me it is luck, where others say that it is normal, because you're aiming for it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-11-2016, 10:21 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: I don't have 20 pages of physics formulas Chris, but I suspect they're like homing missiles - the just plunge right into the heart of the target with a streak of vengeance, and nudge the other two darts aside, instead of getting deflected.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yes Ancient Darter, if this dart is thrown with enough speed, everything has to go out of the way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review Redleg! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Darts Ryan Muzza Murray Darts Review Getagrip 4 102 08-28-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 40 6,226 08-27-2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Darts Warrior Rutene Darts Review Getagrip 4 139 08-09-2021, 09:49 AM
  Shot Niels Zonneveld Triple Z Darts Review Getagrip 5 144 08-02-2021, 03:03 PM
  Shot Viking Raven Darts Review Used By Boris Koltsov Getagrip 15 282 07-29-2021, 03:06 PM
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 378 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 578 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 270 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 384 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM
  Shot Zen Satori Darts Review Getagrip 12 418 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM