Target Darts.

Pentathlon TDP T1 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFIVxQ6Vz0

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I am not sure when a new model last came out under the Pentathlon name so its nice to see 3 new models released recently.  These are from the TDP Series and this is the T1 model in 23g there is also a 24 and 25 gram version.  They are 90% tungsten and retail for £24.99.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a neat slim box and are supplied with some very nice two tone stems and equally nice Pentathlon standard shape flights.  The stems also have a nicely grooved and bevelled pigeon ring:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels are a short bullet style in a fairly chunky ring grip.  At the front its a double thin ring with wide deep curved grooves in between and at the rear its more of a normal style ring grip with the same grooves and then at the very end of the barrel its finished off with some thin cut rings.  I would say the grip is just about high level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are closely matched, just two hundredths of gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these on the front ring grip:

CONCLUSION:

I liked the weight of these the first time I took them out the box and thought then that they would be quite good with my throw.  With my front grip they are very nicely balanced and flew rather well and true.  The grip was not as sticky as I thought it might be and I had no issues releasing it.  Could not see any problems in flight and it flew quite smooth overall.  

At the centre my grip was mostly on the chunky band but I got a little bit of grip from the edges either side.  Once again it flew ok although I seemed to get more spin there.

I think they flew slightly better from the rear than the front and I can see it been nice for rear grippers that like a front weighted short dart, also it was a nice part of the barrel to grip, it felt comfy and its handy that the grip is continued to the end of the barrel.  Flight through the air was pretty good too so should be a lot better for natural rear grippers.

I broke one of the stems in my video review which was a shame as the stems look very nice but those kind of stems never seem to fair so well when they hit a hard floor, pity.

I would certainly recommend front grippers try these if you like a fair amount of grip and well worth rear grippers who like a short barrel giving them a try too.  At £24.99 they are great value and quality is fine.  

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (fine)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (very close)
Quality: 8 (good)
Value: 9 (very good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (fly well and pleasant to throw)

Best Feature: Nice balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always Darren, plus 1. :thumbup:

Good looking and well gripped bullet type dart.
Great review, and photos once again Darren!

Pity they don't come in a 2x2Ba, it would have been perfect for me! Lol!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review.....loved the way you did the slow motion part.
Darts - Showtime Revolution 24g, Target Super grip stems, Pentathlon Flights.
Best leg - 16 darts (15 darts- webcam)
Best peg - 146 T20,T18,D16

The reviews just keep getting better! Good work Darren!
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review from the guy who tells it like it is.

The 'flight cam' part was cool, how smooth those darts fly.
They look very nice. Thanks for the review Darren.

You don't need always a fancy set with different coatings. I like that it is a shorter barrel, as I prefer these.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Really nice looking dart from pentathlon. Well worth a try at the price for those that like a short barrel. Top notch review as always
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(11-01-2016, 10:00 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Another great review from the guy who tells it like it is.

The 'flight cam' part was cool, how smooth those darts fly.

Thanks mate, I try to be as honest as can be in my reviews although I guess been a collector too I am biased into liking all darts really lol even ones that don't suit me. I think there is enough info for folks to make their own minds up though and all darts throw different for each individual Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-01-2016, 11:53 PM)vanJupp Wrote: They look very nice. Thanks for the review Darren.

You don't need always a fancy set with different coatings. I like that it is a shorter barrel, as I prefer these.

Thanks mate, its well worth a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(11-02-2016, 09:45 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Really nice looking dart from pentathlon. Well worth a try at the price for those that like a short barrel. Top notch review as always

Cheers Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice darts
180-1(33)

yep they are Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too painful!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hey, thanks for the review +1, this is another set very good for me. Very high on my list since now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Glad you liked it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pentathlon TDP T2 23g darts review Getagrip 19 12,221 03-18-2021, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Laconic
  Pentathlon TDP T4 24g darts review Getagrip 11 6,245 02-04-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Pentathlon Old Faithful 001 23g (Dartsclearance) Don Q 13 930 06-27-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Reviewed Pentathlon Darts index mc1958 3 1,924 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  American Pentathlon 001 (DartsClearance) Review atison 21 3,278 03-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Cloud 9
  Pentathlon TDP T6 24g darts review Getagrip 13 6,052 11-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Pentathlon Royal 23g darts review Getagrip 21 22,288 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Anyone throw these Pentathlon's (Darts Clearance) atison 10 2,168 02-07-2018, 01:42 AM
Last Post: atison
  Pentathlon TDP T5 22g darts review Getagrip 12 5,713 10-20-2017, 02:11 PM
  Pentathlon TDP T3 23g darts review Getagrip 15 10,665 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM