Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Winmau Jeff Smith 23g darts reveiw

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuU64-F-ZZw

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

So here we are with a review of the Winmau Jeff Smith darts YAY!!!  These are the 23g version and there is also a 25g available.  They are 90% tungsten with what on the pack says Urban Grip Coating? They retail for around £28.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in plastic packaging with a slide off lid and on the reverse of the inlay is a checkout chart.  The barrels are supplied with a Winmau hard plastic case, point protector, medium clear Prism stems and Jeff The Silencer Smith signature flights in standard shape:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a classic straight barrel design with a ring grip and a couple of smooth sections, I would say overall its medium level grip although as I got warmed up it felt a little more slippy.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

There is a difference of three hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest barrel so very good:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right near the nose:

Darts landed in a little flatter than my normal angle:

CONCLUSION:

There is not a lot can go wrong with a classic shape like these its all down to personal preferrence of length and thickness for most as well as grip as most straight barrels will suit a variety of finger placements.

I think Jeff Smith is a front gripper and I had no issues with how they fly with my front grip, there was no fishtailing and I never noticed much spin either.  As I say above though the grip or may be rather the coating kind of felt a bit glossy and slippy as I got warmer so that spoilt the grip a little but it made for an easy to release dart so if you dont want too much grip it may be perfect for you.

Trying from the centre and the rear as you would expect is never that good for me but again with it been a straight barrel I dont see it been a problem for natural mid and rear grippers.  I actually threw them a little better from the rear than the centre, that seems to be happening a lot lately, might be because I usually sky them and have been putting a little more effort into not doing that lol!

The ring grip on the front has curved grooves where as the two sections of grip at the rear is flat square cut grooves so a very slight bit more grip there.

The darts look very nice with the rainbow coloured coating and overall its a very easy and pleasant dart to throw but I think I would like a touch more grip near the front.

Quality is fine and price is reasonable too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice looking classic)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (very good)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8 (reasonable)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (not bad at all just fancy more grip)

Best Feature: Very good all rounder really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review once again Darren. :thumbup:

Still prefer the Cosmo ones however. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as always, i found the same thing the more you throw them they seem to loose grip thought it was just me, overall there a very balanced dart tho, i'll have to try them some more
Thanks Brad Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-28-2016, 04:54 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great review as always, i found the same thing the more you throw them they seem to loose grip thought it was just me, overall there a very balanced dart tho, i'll have to try them some more

Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review again.
£28 for those do seem like a bargain.

Also, the dart looks like they have a nice grip for anyone - front, middle or rear.
Will look forward to seeing 'The Silencer' clattering those barrels together in the Grand Slam.
I like the look of those. There might not be enough grip for me but still might tempt me. Very decent price too.
Another great review.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

You can`t review these ,you should give these to Troll
180-1(33)

Another excellent review Darren, and again great pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Like the looks of these and price is a positive as well as the review
well done sir
Nice review . Great pictures and an accurate assessment . 
Ironically they work better  for me using the old Cosmo set up with Rainbow points .  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Winmau will no doubt sell many sets ( Especially in Canada ... lol) 

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Great darts - was hoping to get him to sign my set at an exbo in a few weeks time but the gits at the BDO decided to change the dates for the World Masters, so Jeff can't make the exbo now - well gutted
(10-28-2016, 09:02 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Great review again.
£28 for those do seem like a bargain.

Also, the dart looks like they have a nice grip for anyone - front, middle or rear.
Will look forward to seeing 'The Silencer' clattering those barrels together in the Grand Slam.

Thanks! Yeah should suit a lot of grip styles Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-28-2016, 10:16 PM)jc14 Wrote: I like the look of those. There might not be enough grip for me but still might tempt me.  Very decent price too.
Another great review.

Cheers, worth a shout at that price Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-28-2016, 11:04 PM)Troll Wrote: You can`t review these ,you should give these to Troll

Trolls don't like pretty colours Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-29-2016, 12:20 AM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Another excellent review Darren, and again great pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks mate!

(10-29-2016, 01:35 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Like the looks of these and price is a positive as well as the  review
well done sir

Cheers Tom! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-29-2016, 07:17 AM)The G Wrote: Nice review . Great pictures and an accurate assessment . 
Ironically they work better  for me using the old Cosmo set up with Rainbow points .  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Winmau will no doubt sell many sets ( Especially in Canada ... lol) 

Cheers! Ah curious, you have his cosmo darts too?

(10-29-2016, 09:20 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Great darts - was hoping to get him to sign my set at an exbo in a few weeks time but the gits at the BDO decided to change the dates for the World Masters, so Jeff can't make the exbo now - well gutted

That's a bugger!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review and pics as always. A nice looking dart, but just not one that has made me want to buy them. Not taking anything away from the dart though as it will attract a lot of people I am sure, just not me this time!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers Barry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam Smith-Neale 'Big Dog' Smooth Performance Darts 24g review Cateye 65 6,464 03-20-2020, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sowatt
  Unicorn Contender Michael Smith 22g darts review Getagrip 13 23,006 01-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Morgan Smith 23g darts review Getagrip 10 5,794 11-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Unicorn Michael Smith Phase 2 24g darts review Getagrip 12 8,509 05-26-2018, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4 23g darts reveiw Getagrip 33 18,607 12-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  Cuesoul Dragon 24g darts reveiw Getagrip 16 8,722 01-26-2017, 02:32 PM
  Voks Bomber 18g darts reveiw Getagrip 10 8,267 07-20-2016, 10:35 AM
  Unicorn 2017 Kim Huybrechts Premier 24g darts reveiw Getagrip 15 7,973 07-20-2016, 10:25 AM