Unicorn

Toes Over Oche???
Hello,

I've been going over some pics of amateurs playing Dartslive at qualifiers and tournaments and some of them have their toes over the Oche, is that allowed?  Some have over half of their foot over and this is during their set up.

Thanks,

Ron
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
If judge don`t have hatchet in his hand you should be fine.But better don`t do that ,it is bad for your game
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Chances are, during the rush/heat of the tournament, hardly anyone notices. Might also be too much of a hassle to report due to the sheer number of participants.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Slackers
This comes back to the DRA rules I guess:

Quote:5.7.4 During Match play, no player shall tread on any part of the raised Oche nor shall
the player deliver any dart whilst his feet are in a position other than behind the
toe edge of the raised Oche.

So if the tournament is played according to the DRA rules then clearly the thrower needs to stay behind the oche.
I don't know the soft tip world well enough to say if they play under different rules but these guys have a fair amount to say about it.
Quote:
  • A player may throw a dart or darts from any point of the playing area as long as their foot stays behind the front edge of the throw line. If a player wishes to throw from a position on either side of the throw line, they must stay behind the line, which is an extension of the throw line.

• A player may lean their upper part of the body over the throw line and throw a dart or darts as long as their toe doesn't cross the front edge of the throw line.

• A player may not lunge or cross the front edge of the throw line while throwing a dart. The player's front and back foot must remain behind the throw line until the final dart is thrown. A players foot may cross the line on the last thrown dart, provided the dart was thrown from behind the throw line and hits the dart board prior to their back foot touching the floor.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
That third rule you posted Banz reminded me on thread that was brought up last week or the week before about a lady darter in the tournament of champions (I think) that possibly had some form of dartitis and was crossing the oche on every dart. Going by that rule she would not be allowed to do that - whatever organisation it is that rule is taken from
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(10-28-2016, 10:23 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: That third rule you posted Banz reminded me on thread that was brought up last week or the week before about a lady darter in the tournament of champions (I think) that possibly had some form of dartitis and was crossing the oche on every dart. Going by that rule she would not be allowed to do that - whatever organisation it is that rule is taken from

That came from WSDA but I have no idea where they fit in to the world of ruling bodies. But yes, you're right, that rule would make the person in the other thread's throw against the rules. It seems to say pretty clearly that you need to stay behind the line until the final dart is delivered.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

As i'm the one who posted the lady going over the line i am a bit of a stickler for rules lol, i dont bother people if there a couple of mm's over the line but if your foot is halfway over i'll say something, as for the dartslive event i'd say it's the person playing to report it, those events seem like alot of kaos when there going i dont think anyone is running around watching everyone
Maybe one day the Dartslive machines will come equipped with a laser oche and deliver a foot fault movie if there is an infraction.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
I played a guy the other week who had his foot up on the oche, kind of like what Gando does before putting back down.

Didn't bother me and I didn't say anything but I can imagine it would be an issue at a higher level.