Harrows Darts.

I'm going crazy ... or nutz ?
Hello all you happy/nutz people !

I need insights, opinions, anything you have to say about the following ... 

Since my first post in my intro thread, (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22915) a lot has happened. I've bought a new set of darts (Harrows ICE 26g knurled). A lot better (for me) than my first set, Unicorn Core Tungsten 23g. I have tried lots of stem lengths and flight shapes, and I believe I've learned a lot from these experiences. Yes you can say that you can't learn all that much in a couple of weeks, and you're probably right ...
So here's what I've learned:
1. Balance is the most important thing about a dart.
2. Stem length and flight shape are important.
3. Grip (on the dart) is not that important.
4. One can compensate for dart weight difference, but it will mess up your throw technique.

Thank you,

Kresike
Darts: Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 LP 25g
Experiments: Lots
Results: I hit the board most of the time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Agree with 1 and 2 but disagree with 3. Grip is very important to me. 4 is a bit tricky. I can compensate for a gram or two either way without messing up my throw (any more than it is messed up!).
Good post though.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I can move my grip to any section of the barrel I want. The only problem with that is the dart will never go where I want it if I move too far from the comfort zone I know so well.
I think finding the sweet spot is very important and determines the choice of dart as well. But, keep thinking about it and have fun with the game
Hey there
I think I would agree with 1, 2 and partly with 4 but definitely not 3. For me I've found that the grip is one of the most important parts of the dart. I bought some 18g brass Harrows Silver Arrows as my 2nd set of darts and they were forever slipping. I've found out that you can compensate for the lack of grip, but it means always have to arc the throw - fast direct throws are out of the question. So since then I've decided that by having a decent grip it gives me the flexibility to choose my type of throw.
Thus, a decent grip is a must on any dart that I have bought since then.

As you're a newbie like me then you may well find your views on many thing changing as your skill and tastes develop and evolve, as mine have.
(10-26-2016, 10:57 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Hey there
I think I would agree with 1, 2 and partly with 4 but definitely not 3. For me I've found that the grip is one of the most important parts of the dart. I bought some 18g brass Harrows Silver Arrows as my 2nd set of darts and they were forever slipping. I've found out that you can compensate for the lack of grip, but it means always have to arc the throw - fast direct throws are out of the question. So since then I've decided that by having a decent grip it gives me the flexibility to choose my type of throw.

As you're a newbie like me then you may well find your views on many thing changing as your skill and tastes develop and evolve, as mine have.

I'm pretty much a newbie, at least freshly back to throwing from way too long of a break and I have some opinions about grip, flights, stems, and weight.
But by the time I write them down, some will probably have changed, and I hate arguing with myself...
i tottaly agree with 1,2
about the grip i think is important too (for example i dont really like to throw knurled grip darts think they are slippery)
4 i tried to change weight but couldn't. seems 25gr is ideal for me.
but I have a stupid feeling that it could only happen compined with other things:
i.e heavier dart with less tungsten percentage or the opposite (lighter with more %)
or slightly lighter dart but with smaller dimensions (shape)

But thats just me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-26-2016, 11:44 PM)Crawforde Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 10:57 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Hey there

I'm pretty much a newbie, at least freshly back to throwing from way too long of a break and I have some opinions about grip, flights, stems, and weight.
But by the time I write them down, some will probably have changed, and I hate arguing with myself...
????????
I've only been throwing for over a month so what I think only really matters to me.

Regarding my experience with your points:
Point #1, meh.....I can grip darts from rear to mid front so balance isn't too important to me but mid rear seems to be the most comfortable to me.
Point #2, definitely, I have quite a collection of Cosmo flights and shafts that I have been using to tune my landing angle.
Point #3, grip on the dart is mostly important to me to locate where I'd like to grip it and I like having a scallop to push off of.
Point #4, I started with 25g, then 24g and now I am throwing 20.4g (Monster Cobra and Jonny II Eclipse with Titanium conversion tip), I don't have much trouble switching. My next set, that's on it's way, will be another gram lighter.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Are you referring to the cuts of the dart design, or the way you grip your dart Kresike?

1) ABSOLUTELY
2) Yes, and Not so much, depending on one's grip and stroke, and the design of the dart
3) See question above
4) Kinda, but some people like Getagrip can easily throw from 16g to 26g (his reviews) and accuracy/consistency doesn't seem to suffer much. For me, with lighter barrels, I can feel the difference (or if I can't, results on the board shows it) of anything above 0.3 - 0.4g, depending on where that weight is
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I believe the first three are fairly important but the last is not. Your brain, given time, can easily learn to throw any weight of dart. It is down to muscle memory. I personally believe that barrel thickness can be a factor for some players also.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-27-2016, 05:42 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Are you referring to the cuts of the dart design, or the way you grip your dart Kresike?

1) ABSOLUTELY
2) Yes, and Not so much, depending on one's grip and stroke, and the design of the dart
3) See question above
4) Kinda, but some people like Getagrip can easily throw from 16g to 26g (his reviews) and accuracy/consistency doesn't seem to suffer much. For me, with lighter barrels, I can feel the difference (or if I can't, results on the board shows it) of anything above 0.3 - 0.4g, depending on where that weight is

In 3, I was referring to the dart design !
Results: I hit the board most of the time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-26-2016, 10:20 PM)kresike Wrote: Hello all you happy/nutz people !

I need insights, opinions, anything you have to say about the following ... 

Since my first post in my intro thread, (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22915) a lot has happened. I've bought a new set of darts (Harrows ICE 26g knurled). A lot better (for me) than my first set, Unicorn Core Tungsten 23g. I have tried lots of stem lengths and flight shapes, and I believe I've learned a lot from these experiences. Yes you can say that you can't learn all that much in a couple of weeks, and you're probably right ...
So here's what I've learned:
1. Balance is the most important thing about a dart.
2. Stem length and flight shape are important.
3. Grip (on the dart) is not that important.
4. One can compensate for dart weight difference, but it will mess up your throw technique.

Thank you,

Kresike

Agree with 1 - balance to suit yur grip is important as it determines how well the dart flies and how comfortable it feels.
Agree with 2 - this adds to the balance also and how the dart sits in the board
Disagree with 3 - I find grip to be very important. I've had to change darts as the grip has worn over time and the dart become slippy
Hmmmm on 4 - depends on the weight difference. Big differences, like 6g+ will have a profound effect, but if you stick to it over time then you can become used to it. I tend to stick to darts in the 22-24g range as I have found that most comfortable for me and the weight changes here are not so big to cause too much of an affect

Good post - got me thinking Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

3) The cuts in the dart is extremely important, unless you throw slicks. ;-)
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks to all who answered.

It seems unanimous that the grip on the dart is important.
I can't say I've tried a lot of grip styles, in fact I only tried ringed on tungsten darts and knurled on brass and tungsten darts, but for me it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
At times my hand becomes dry and slippery but then no matter which style of grip the dart has it tends to slip.
On the other hand, I did try gripping my darts on the "slick" areas, as both my sets have that, and I do see that slick darts would not be any good for me.
Looks like I'll just have to try a couple more types of grip styles before I can decide on this issue, unfortunately this will be the most expensive part ...