Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Trinidad X Shadow 20g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_AbrBNyo8

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I seen these on Facebook a while ago in a post from Trinidad and thought (as I usually do) they look cool!  So I finally got a set thanks to Steven McGuire on Facebook who can get a discounted rate so if your interested you can contact him here: madhousemcguire154@gmail discount will depend on his orders but the retail price for these is around £58.  They are 90% tungsten and 20g.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a cardboard box with a large plastic window showing the contents.  These are part of the Trinidad X series and come supplied with one of my favourite flights and stem combos the Condor Zero Stress flights, there is also a set of soft tips but I'm not sure if they are Trinidads own make but they worked well on the Hi Darts board:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the design is quite unique and probably why I was enthused by them, you know me and my addiction for strange designs lol  But it was also that nice looking grip at the front and even though I know most of these designs are made to suit rear grippers they looked like they would be worth a try.  Its a octagonal rear section but with more fine grooved rings similar to the front and also that double scallop makes for a very interesting design.  I would say overall the grip level is about a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just two hundredths of a gram difference, so very good:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With the just the supplied soft tips attached the balance was central:

With supplied setup  it moved more to the rear:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these kind on the taper where the fine groove rings are and with the edge of my thumb slighlty in the first scallop:

CONCLUSION:

Thes are a great looking design and I am happy they come with the Condor flights as I have had those before and quite like them, I still have my first set although they are falling apart now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  When I was checking the balance of these I was surprised to see how much they moved to the rear and I thought to myself these will be terrible for my front grip, it was not like I did not know they are rear grip biased but I never expected the balance to be that far back.  What is strange is the darts are barel drilled out on the rear or front so it is likely purely down to the barrels shape and the front scallops.

Thankfully I found I really liked the front grip and was really surprised to see the darts flying so well with it.  It was kind of curious as when I throw them the back sort of feels a little like its weighing down but they seem to suit the natural arc of my throw perfectly and kept a nice line to the board.  I did get quite a lot of spin though but I put that down to the grip interacting with my release.  I think the scallop was giving something to push against which was helpful too.

So a very nice surprise to me there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Trying from the centre was not so good, it felt kind of weird overall balance with better in the centre but I could not get as comfy with the grip, may be just me though.  It also seemed to be flying flatter from the middle too.

From the rear was a much better experience and the grip is a comfortable one there if a little thin for me.  I think it flew well for me considering though, it had a similar arc to my front grip but balance was certainly best there.  Once again for natural rear grippers I'm sure it will be even better.

So I think even though the darts are rear grip orientated I would not dismiss it for front grippers, centre grippers I am not so sure of, I think the grip on the barrel there is not as nice as th front or rear.

Quality is very good and machining seems really well done, as for value I think for Asian barrels its a more reasaonable price than some are so thats good to see and if you use Steven a little cheaper again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (love the design on these)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very good)
Quality: 9 (very nice)
Value: 7 (fine)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (fly well)

Best Feature: Design Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always. Interesting design, there was a bit of work measuring those!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(10-26-2016, 06:15 PM)jc14 Wrote: Great review as always.  Interesting design, there was a bit of work measuring those!

Thanks mate, yeah it was a tough one, a lot to measure there! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

They do look a nicely designed dart, finished well and not burred up from the machining process like a lot of darts.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Yeah I think they are a nice design, but that is what I liked when I first saw them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Cool darts
180-1(33)

Interesting darts, the designs on some of the soft tip darts are quite amazing.

And it must've been a nice change to have a nice grip on the front of the dart. How comfortable were the darts anyway?
Now those look like a nice dart. Great pics to really show them off. Top job Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Great job once again Darren! And liking the slightly different graphics. :-)
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-26-2016, 08:03 PM)Troll Wrote: Cool darts

Yeah just like me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-26-2016, 08:23 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Interesting darts, the designs on some of the soft tip darts are quite amazing.

And it must've been a nice change to have a nice grip on the front of the dart. How comfortable were the darts anyway?

Its comfy at the rear and not too bad at the front too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-27-2016, 10:47 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Now those look like a nice dart. Great pics to really show them off. Top job Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-27-2016, 01:05 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Great job once again Darren! And liking the slightly different graphics. :-)

Cheers Chris! I'm trying Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great as always, Im looking for quality softtips...
Valencia/Spain

Another great review Darren, well done. :thumbup:

Have put these on my ever growing list. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review and pics.

It's getting tough to decide on my next set of soft tips. I was torn between Cosmo Selva and Bull's Fighter Condat but now there maybe another to consider.........
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Another excellent review - I also recently aquired a set of Trinidad darts (Barkley) and agree they are excellent quality  - mine are quite different to these with a John Lowe shaped barrel, although they also have those fine cuts and octagon grip at the rear - thanks for posting and great pics as usual +1  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 3 22g Darts Review Getagrip 3 107 07-15-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad reviewed darts mc1958 6 2,154 07-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 886 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Trinidad Barkley 18 gram soft tip 4737 Carlin 14 3,932 05-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: carlmuscleman67
  Target Mitsumasa Hoshino Pyro Blazing Shadow 20g Darts Unboxing Getagrip 14 1,503 02-08-2019, 10:32 AM
  Trinidad Yoriboy 21g Darts Review Getagrip 9 1,473 11-24-2018, 05:11 PM
  Trinidad Tucker 22.5g Darts Review Getagrip 9 3,938 11-02-2018, 10:35 AM
  Trinidad Lopez type 4, 20g theblindPew 13 4,202 09-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Ed13
  Trinidad Momo 17.5 gram soft-tip darts 4737 Carlin 4 1,427 05-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Trinidad Gomez type 8 review theblindPew 16 4,222 12-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Great White North