Target Darts.

Throwing strength
Hi .I wanted to ask is there a way to increase throwing strength ?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lift alot of weights
Ayup Troll

Is there a reason behind the ?, I found throwing a lighter dart increased the weight of my throw.

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
Try throwing faster? (I'm not trying to be smart)

Edit: What I mean is the drawback and release, not necessarily speeding up the time taken to throw 3 darts.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Now I am throwing 19 gram Jenkins ,while I wait for my customs to arrive .And they fall out of the board .But it was always a problem .I know you can sandpaper the points .But I just want to understand origins of this problem and fix it
180-1(33)

I find that with lighter darts you have to throw as fast as you can to get them fly more on target. I'' sure there's some Science behind it all  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DARTS: RedDragon Hell Fire 24g
DART BOARD: Winmau Ton Machine
I always wanted a firmer throw but I wasn't able to make myself throw harder until... I increased my follow through. Going to a full follow through, where my arm is completely straight, had the unintended consequence of making me throw harder. Harder and with more confidence.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I think it comes with proper sequencing. Steady acceleration of your arm with it finishing with your wrist and follow through. I compare it to my golf swing; if you use all your speed at the top of your swing, your club head speed is slower at the ball.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Got a same problem here. Before i throw 25g barney, 24g phase 1, then 21g lumina. Now im throwing unknown 18g darts. It keep falling off even after i sandpaper the point. Try to throw faster but it ruin my throw. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Trying to be better darts player insyaAllah.
Try throwing feathers
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

if your points keep falling out, try using Target Diamond points Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I use them on all of my darts, including my 12g Buntings and I never have a problem
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Agree with the full follow through. It also helps if you add a bit of wrist action, as long as this does not adversely affect your throw.

An example would be the trusty old golf swing. You use your entire body, but the real power comes from your wrists. That's why you see out of shape golfers with fairly large forearms. They snap their wrists.

Cannot do the exact same thing with darts, but a little wrist action goes a long way. When I do this, I often bury my dart almost to the barrel.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

I say follow through and wrist action like everyone else.

I throw my 22g O'Shea's and they bury to the barrel every throw, so much that I'm thinking of using diamond points to allow more of the tip exposed for better grouping and not blocking the bed
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
are they going in straight to begin with? the vast majority of people have a throw that arcs and leaves the flight end sticking up just a little higher than where the point went into the board. if yours are arcing too much or coming out of your hand squirrelly then that could be a cause. also what flights are you using. because of the way that i throw i have to use normal or oversize flights. if i try to use the smaller ones then i feel like i have to throw them with more force to get them to come out straight and spinning.

if you feel like you are having to hurl the dart at the board like a fastball then youre doing something wrong. it should be a nice, relaxed throw. i tell my wife that its kind of like throwing a tomato to someone whos about 6 or 7 feet away. if you throw it too hard then even if they catch it it will probably burst. if you dont throw it hard enough then its gonna burst on the ground. you want to lob it in there nice and gently.
If they fly right and land right ,, sticking should not be a problem ,, even if you throw with a big arc,,,,,adjust the stem length and flight size to make the dart land more straight into the board ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

What brand of board are you throwing at ,,,?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confidence - Mental Strength Snooks 3 613 04-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Last Post: wongerchi