Shot Darts

ShowTime Darts X-Factor Andy Boulton 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDF8yKIAqF8

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

This is a review of the Showtime Darts Andy Boulton X-Factor darts.  They are 90% tungsten and 23g and retail for £32.95

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and inside is a slide out plastic tray witht the darts fitted in a point protector and supplied with short Core St stems and Showtime standard flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels are a straight style with a nice curver tapered nose with the blue X's cut into it.  There is two sections of a fine grooved ring grip which is slightly thinner than the rest of the barrel then a flat knurl section around the centre.  The knurl section is a low medium and the rings a medium level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just one hundreth of a gram heavier so excellent:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these on the rings at the front:

Darts landed a bit flatter than my normal angle:

CONCLUSION:

These are really nice looking darts and seems to be another winner from Showtime.  I quite like the ring grip on the front as it felt just in the right spot for me and balance was good but they had a nice arc through the air too and although I got a fair amount of spin there was no fishtailing and they got better the more I played with them.

At the centre was a little curious for me as they seemed to fly quite a lot flatter and not sure why but it kind of felt less comfy for me there, I know its not my natural grip but I found the rings at the front more comfy to grip overall, could be because its slightly thinner there?  I cant see why centre grippers wont get on with them as it looks if thats is where Andy Boulton probably grips the dart anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

At the rear I thought they flew better than the centre for me and had a very similar arc through the air as they did with my front grip.  At the rear I was gripping on the ring grip so I think if your a rear gripper that grips around that area its well worth a try, if you grip further back then you will be on the smooth section and may be not so good there.

As for the darts I think its a very nice design and is really very neatly and cleanly machined, quality seems very good.

Another impressive model from Showtime and one that may suit a variety of grip styles, I enjoyed throwing them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (very nice)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (Excellent)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (I like em)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nicely done on the review yet again Darren. :thumbup:

The grip level looks really good for myself although a bit wider than I'd like, but may be worth a go anyways. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Brad, its 6.4mm on the rings.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-24-2016, 03:27 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Brad, its 6.4mm on the rings.

Haha, whoops.  Missed the wee print, definitely in my like zone now at 6.4 mil.  Thanks for the heads up Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looks like a nice dart. I don't remember any reviews that had darts so closely matched in weight.
(10-24-2016, 03:34 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 03:27 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Brad, its 6.4mm on the rings.

Haha, whoops.  Missed the wee print, definitely in my like zone now at 6.4 mil.  Thanks for the heads up Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-24-2016, 03:46 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Looks like a nice dart. I don't remember any reviews that had darts so closely matched in weight.

Cheers Tom! Check out the Bulls Fighter darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

then check out the price of the bulls fighter darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

seriously though another top review Darren. i really like the blue x on the front. i think that is a great little design detail.

I believe Showtime have quickly established themselves as a maker of high quality fairly priced darts. They already have a very good range with something for most players, and even their highly machined darts like the Nitro won't break the bank
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Thanks Rich!

Yeah the BF darts have took a big hit from the now weak pound.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Showing the three different balance points with varying stem lengths using them "Nutz" flights drives me nuts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Need more of them made up methinks. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-24-2016, 04:20 PM)Great White North Wrote: Showing the three different balance points with varying stem lengths using them "Nutz" flights drives me nuts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Need more of them made up methinks. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL You like that design?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-24-2016, 04:21 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 04:20 PM)Great White North Wrote: Showing the three different balance points with varying stem lengths using them "Nutz" flights drives me nuts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL You like that design?

I do actually, don't ask why though. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guess we will have to get more then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Was thinking of may be getting a new design Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-24-2016, 04:24 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Guess we will have to get more then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Was thinking of may be getting a new design Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not that picky, flights with "Nutz" of any design would be great. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ok Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well done Darren.
I continue to be impressed with the quality of darts that Showtime offer.
Proofs in the pudding as they say because this young company already has a few Pros signed .

I think GWN is a "Closet Knurl Lover" Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 707 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 697 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 390 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Falcon F2 Darts Review Exclusive To Darts Clearance On eBay Getagrip 9 572 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 610 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,598 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 59,757 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,770 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 16,819 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review Getagrip 37 14,233 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Olsen65