Unicorn

Phase 3s v Adrian Lewis gen 3s
I'm looking into upgrading my darts and the Gary Anderson phase 3s and Adrian Lewis gen 3s are the sets I'm most attracted too. 

Any of you guys have experience of these and which of these do you prefer? 

I currently play with RD razor edge 23g and I do really like these but I do find that the grip can be too aggressive and unforgiving on release at times, so I am looking for something grippy but less grippy than the razor grip. I do prefer a straight dart but something slightly front loaded is fine by me
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I prefer the Andersons but there is not much in it really, grip is better on Andos for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for that, I enjoy your reviews it's how I've got Down To these 2 sets. I'm not missing any sets along the lines of them that I should be considering?
I have owned and used both sets. I prefer the Lewis darts massively. Such nice micro grip and rounded ringed grip compared to the purist style grip that is on the Andersons. The Lewis darts will last longer too. I currently own a set of 23g Lewis Gen 3 if you're interested in buying?
(10-21-2016, 09:30 AM)Lukelcfc Wrote: Thanks for that, I enjoy your reviews it's how I've got Down To these 2 sets. I'm not missing any sets along the lines of them that I should be considering?

Cheers!

I think may be the new Tony O'shea could be worth a look too.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

i have used both and i prefer the grip on the andersons, but it does fade. i personally think the gen 2 lewis darts are much better than the gen 3. i found the nano grip to be slippery on the lewis darts.

good luck with whatever you decide to go for, they are both top quality darts i must say.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

The plain section on the O'Shea gives a good reference point and the ring's are similar to the Andersons
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Ando Gen 3s would get my nod. The 23g Lewis Gen 3 felt "hollow" to me and I also found the nano grip to feel quite slippery and prefer the Lewis G2s.
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden
I have the AL G3's and they are great darts but my hands slip on them sometimes. But, when the humidity is high these darts fly nicely for me. They are well balanced in my hand and I love them. I can usually tell right away if they'll work for me on any given day. I switch back to AL-80's sometimes, a little thicker and better grip.......for me
Thanks for all the info.

I'm thinking of moving up to 25g as well, I have a 25g warm up dart which is rather slippy but I can throw a good consistent weight but don't have the confidence on doubles a grippy dart gives me which is why I'm looking for something in between. I was hoping the nano grip would give me that confidence but the slippy comments make me edge towards the phase 3s but are they then too grippy. Are the AL gen 2s grippy?

I wish I was in a position to get both!
The AL G2s are quite grippy but not overly so IMHO (the microgrip bit at the rear is only average grip)
Best leg - 11 darts

I have all the Lewis and have had all the Andos at one time or another, I liked the balance of the Andersons and yes, the grip is more aggressive than the Lewis, but I have never found either of them slippery. I have found if you slightly moisten your fingers with a bit of water and shake off the excess, you can grip anything. 
Are you set on buying new sets of darts or can you settle for some second hand sets? Ideally, I would be seeing if any of my friends or team mates or even rivals have them for you to try.
I would be interested in what you decide to do mate , please keep this updated  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I wouldn't say the Lewis G3s were actually slippery just that they felt slippery with the nano grip to me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Best leg - 11 darts

Unluckily I don't have any friends that play that regularly and they don't have either set, not in a team something I'm looking to do soon.

I like to buy new just because I love a nice new shiny set of darts lol

I have quite moist hands naturally so that would help with the AL's

I'm going to take the plunge and go for a 25g set of AL's gen3 as I think the phase 3 may give me as much grip as my current dart and my aim is too go from a level 5 dart to a 4 and the Lewis dart looks from comments like it'll give that balance

But it's quite likely in a month I will have both sets
Good choice. I'm sure you will enjoy the Lewis's.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Best leg - 11 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ted Evetts 23g v Adrian Lewis Gen2 23g Cal180Dud 4 403 05-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Cal180Dud
  Gary Anderson Phase 3 v Phil Taylor Phase 1-3 Purists Rano 11 4,299 01-28-2019, 03:02 PM
Last Post: BdoDuzza
  Adrian Lewis 80% Tungsten 24 gr. BruT 0 228 01-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: BruT
  Zirconium Stonegrip Adrian Lewis Shima 6 753 01-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: REBEL
  Adrian Lewis gold darts xCyrekkz 10 1,643 01-17-2018, 09:12 PM
Last Post: xCyrekkz
  Carrera C4 vs. Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip Andries Van Boxlaer 2 1,148 11-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: TheRedBit