Darts Buddy

Harrows Atomic 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQwW733_uE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: click here

I reviewed a set of the Harrows Atomic when they first came out, it was these:    At the time I felt the other shape that I am reviewing here was likely a better bet for me.  I bought these from Puredarts originally and they were £19.90 at the time and are now £22.20.  There is 3 weights in this model, 22, 24 and 26 grams and they are 90% tungsten.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip clear stems in medium and Harrows standard shape Atomic flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels have a nice short bullet style profile and as you can see the Atomic grip is covering the middle of the dart.  As stated before its a high level grip but its also kind of unique feeling, it does not stick to you as much as you may think althought the more you grip it then obviously the slightly more sticky it gets.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

There is a difference of 1.3 tenths of a gram between lightest and heaviest barrels:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved slightly front of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these kind of half on the atomic grip and half on the smooth nose:

Darts landed in a touch flatter than my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

I like the shape of these a lot better than the other Atomic darts I tried.  I think also with the barrel been short it works well with my front grip.

I thought the balance was good where I was gripping them and they flew very smoothly for me.  Grip was not too bad as I was not fully on the Atomic grip but only half so I had no problems with the release.

When I tried the centre of the barrel the grip was a little more sticky but not as aggressively so as some other high level grips and I soon got used to it.  Again the darts were smooth through the air.

I was not expecting these to work with a rear grip especially not for me but they actually flew better than expected and it was surprising, I still got spin and a kind of nose kick upwards but they stayed relatively stable in flight and dipped down nicely. I am not sure if I would definitely recommend them for rear grippers though but it was not bad at all for me so should be a lot better for you.

I think its a nice type of grip this though, it has elements of aggressiveness but at the same time it is not so sticky that it puts you off.

I enjoyed throwing these and I think its a nicely weighted dart that could possibly suit any grip style but I think front and middle grippers is where it feels best.  With the barrel been short I can get away with a near centre grip and it still feels good to throw.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (fine)
Grip: 9 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 6 (a little off)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 7.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 8 (good darts)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I quite like the look of these darts, and they do look a very grippy 9/10 too.  I can't help feeling that they'll get pretty battered in a short time though, with the thin grip pattern its got.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm impressed with the Harrows dart of late, there putting some nice sets on the market. These are too short for me, but still look a nice dart.
Great review as always! Timing on this one was great as Harrows has just announced a new straight barrel shape in the Atomic range. https://twitter.com/HarrowsDarts/status/...0053115905 mostly boring new flight announcements with some interesting new barrels over on their twitter feed.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
Thanks fellas Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for putting this review out for us. They look good but I'd prefer the longer ones in that range
thanks D.
Thanks Tom Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Not a barrel for me, but a fine review once again Darren. :thumbup:
Thanks Brad! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Not my type of barrel but I do like the grip on them, looking forward to the straight barrel Atomic review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another great review and stunning pictures - really show off the different cuts that make up the grip. They look like a good solid dart. I like the different little logos that Harrows have started doing and engraving on the darts for each range!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry, the new model looks a good one too

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-19-2016, 10:34 PM)Kev Wrote: Nice review Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Not my type of barrel but I do like the grip on them, looking forward to the straight barrel Atomic review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Kev, yeah new model should be popular I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review. 

Aside from being grippier, how would you say these compare to the Showtime Neo Bombs you also reviewed? Shape and weighting seem comparable.

Sojiro
(10-20-2016, 10:04 PM)sojiro Wrote: Thanks for the review. 

Aside from being grippier, how would you say these compare to the Showtime Neo Bombs you also reviewed? Shape and weighting seem comparable.

Sojiro

very similar in performance actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 10,366 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 349 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 468 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 340 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 3,738 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 474 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 682 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 294 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 9,913 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM
  Harrows Avanti 23g Darts Review Getagrip 16 2,218 06-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: volla