Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Will the Dart Repointer - Designa do storm points?
Will the designa point machine do storm points?
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g
Yes it does.
Good I ordered one!!
(10-18-2016, 05:25 PM)andjayik Wrote: Good I ordered one!!

You won't regret it.  It will pay for itself in no time as well.
(10-18-2016, 05:10 PM)andjayik Wrote: Will the designa point machine do storm points?

Be aware you lock the points heavy and not make contact with the storm points to the point clamp
[attachment=10242]
may all the doubles be with you

check out one of the threads concerning fitting storm point correctly and remember the mantra---- no gap, won't snap.
Always oil the main thread of the re pointer before using it too
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(10-18-2016, 07:15 PM)Fred-180 Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 05:10 PM)andjayik Wrote: Will the designa point machine do storm points?

Be aware you lock the points heavy and not make contact with the storm points to the point clamp

So u are saying to place the point as in the picture before inserting? The darts that I have came with storm points but want to put in the finger grip type.
(10-18-2016, 07:41 PM)andjayik Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 07:15 PM)Fred-180 Wrote:

So u are saying to place the point as in the picture before inserting? The darts that I have came with storm points but want to put in the finger grip type.

Look after that the wider section is not locked under the point clamp.
may all the doubles be with you

Yes and it will also do One80 Reflex points. All you need to do is place a small piece of steel/even aluminum over the points hole (where points sit in slots in tool). If anyone needs further advise as I have recently done this just PM me and I can take some pictures on the simple process. Essentially need to fill in holes with something solid on tool when clamping down to hold thinner points.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
(10-18-2016, 08:05 PM)Leaky Wrote: Yes and it will also do One80 Reflex points.  All you need to do is place a small piece of steel/even aluminum over the points hole (where points sit in slots in tool).  If anyone needs further advise as I have recently done this just PM me and I can take some pictures on the simple process.  Essentially need to fill in holes with something solid on tool when clamping down to hold thinner points.

Do u have to put any tape on the storm points to reduce marking when inserting or taking them off?
(10-18-2016, 08:05 PM)Leaky Wrote: Yes and it will also do One80 Reflex points.  All you need to do is place a small piece of steel/even aluminum over the points hole (where points sit in slots in tool).  If anyone needs further advise as I have recently done this just PM me and I can take some pictures on the simple process.  Essentially need to fill in holes with something solid on tool when clamping down to hold thinner points.

Good one, thanks. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-18-2016, 08:09 PM)andjayik Wrote:

Do u have to put any tape on the storm points to reduce marking when inserting or taking them off?
No, I never have and have done several times with gold, silver and black and had no marks on them. My advice is to ensure that you don't place the point in the tool too far towards the larger end where the point goes into the dart, ensure that it is in the tool near the point end and just take your time, screwing them in. Had one break due to my over aggressiveness.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
good i need to borrow it when you are done. haahha

where did you order it from if you dont mind me asking.

i have about 3 sets of darts that i need to repoint. 2 of them are the exact same darts so i was thinking of fitting storm points on one of them and regular on the other just in case i didnt like the storm.
Darts corner. I have done storm points already and works great.
Oh man, this thread answered every question I had about the designa repointer. Thanks for the valuable intel!
Cheers!

Tapatalkkal küldve az én D5803 eszközömről
Darts: Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 LP 25g
Experiments: Lots
Results: I hit the board most of the time  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding reference points to dart board? b407driver 7 538 01-18-2019, 05:23 AM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  loctite superglue n storm points Rod Dogg 6 1,226 09-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  [Advise] Repointer Loose Thread Fix guest2 13 4,240 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ni518079