Shot Darts

Lost in all the dart arrows out there
Hi Guys,

Used to play darts a long time ago and recently picked it up again due throwing a bit with colleagues at work and the arrows that came with the board are really bad.

Now I want to buy a good starting set with a price of maximum 50 euro. 

I was thinking to get ;

Target Perfect Storm, 23g (27,50 euro) 
Mckick Premium Black, 25g (30 euro)
Winmau Navigator 2, 23g (35 euro)

I read that around 23 gram is more or less the middle and best buy as beginner, but there are tons of arrows out there.

I kinda got lost in all the darts offered by Target, Reddragon etc. 

I know they depend on the person who is using them, but I'm not able to test them all out, so I kinda want to shrink the list to 3 to 5 darts. 

What would be your top 3 / 5 that I should try for sure?

Thanks!
I'd recommend looking at Harrow's Black I.C.E and Harrow's Boxer. I've only used them a few times at a friends but they're really good and not to bad priced. I'd also recommend RedDragon "Hellfire" and RedDragon "Amberjack", however these have a thinner barrel than the three you've already looked at.
DARTS: RedDragon Hell Fire 24g
DART BOARD: Winmau Ton Machine
From these three sets Target Perfect Storm for  27.50 is real bargain ,so you should buy these anyway )))As for good starters dart you cant beat
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...28205bd4ab
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
One post in and you are already lost in all the darts arrows out there? I hate to say it, but I expect you are going to be lost for a long time. That is why we are all nutz. I started by trying as many barrel shapes as I could. You should too. Even if you settle for a heavier dart, don't be afraid to try really light darts. I think they have all helped me grow. You eventually most likely will come to a different conclusion than me, because we are all individuals. However... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These are really kicking it for me right now.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=5443

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I'd say Target Chisnalls are a good dart.  First time I threw them felt decent - but there are lots to choose from.
Mate can we see your grip ,that would help us advise direction for you to look .
180-1(33)

Did you remember what sort of darts worked for you before?

And a clear photo of your grip would be great!

Meanwhile, a guide on how to choose darts:

https://dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1500

and possibly something that will help, despite your earlier choices, aka, try out many different designs at a very affordable price: https://www.puredarts.co.uk/real-mccoy-darts/
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

This is the Nutz so buy them all!!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

You might wanna look at the cheaper brands like nodor/designa to figure out what you like, once you figure out what you like look at the other brands or stay with the cheaper ones there just as good
I think crushers right, designa make great darts at great prices.
That way you can try a few different weights/shapes/grips for the virtually the same price as a known brand dart, such as target, and get a better idea of what dart is right for you
Hello and Welcome to Darts Nutz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Thanks guys for the welcome :-)

My grip is more to middle/back, have never thrown with a front grip.

I don't mind buying them all if I could but I'm limited to a model or two for now.

Anyway the Designa sells for €35 here The Netherlands, so I wouldn't call it cheap.. :-)
(10-11-2016, 08:24 PM)Ferio Wrote: Thanks guys for the welcome :-)

My grip is more to middle/back, have never thrown with a front grip.

I don't mind buying them all if I could but I'm limited to a model or two for now.

Anyway the Designa sells for €35 here The Netherlands, so I wouldn't call it cheap.. :-)
Save alot of money and buy from the UK, shipping is about 4 euros but the amount you save on darts is defenitely worth it. Usually arrives within 5 working days too.
Yep, I already saw that on Ebay, but I'm checking also some used darts for a good price.

How's the RED DRAGON D16 BLACK NITRO for beginner? They look nice and not so bad reviews. I can get those for 20 euro.
I know how you feel. After about a 10 year break I am getting back in to it, and there seem to be 20 times more dart manufacturers now than 10 years ago.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lost my grip and throw Spartan 43 19,105 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Assassin