Double Top Darts.

Mark Walsh Pro Stone
Well, DC is selling these cheaper and I always wanted to try the stone grip from target, so it would be a nice saving. But by looking on the photos it seems like the stone grip is in the grooves.

So has anyone these and can tell me if you feel the stone grip or if it's just wasted on these darts? 

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=37233
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I have a set of these (second from left) - I've thrown them a few times - you can definitely feel the stone grip in the grooves, it has a texture like fine-grit sandpaper. I quite like it, those O'Shea's also have stone grip in the grooves. I believe Target originally released a Colin Lloyd barrel with stone grip covering half the barrel which wore out quite quickly - I can't see that happening with these though.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've got a couple of sets as well - Kevin McDine and Adrian Gray - you can feel the stonegrip in the grooves on those as well
Thanks guys.

Sounds good might will take a shot at these.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Gday fellas 
Ive been using the stone grip for years ( whats left of them ) and found them to be a very grippy 8/10 but good on the release side and dont want to hang onto your fingers as you release on the follow through. One thing that also supports the grip is the wider stone section with a smaller fin. As you can see on the above photos which in my opinion gives a good surface area for your skin to fold into. The only down side to this apart from not being on the market any longer is the they tend to wear fairly quickly. as the fins are quite thin and the constant clanging wears the fin down.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
(10-10-2016, 03:48 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: I have a set of these (second from left) - I've thrown them a few times - you can definitely feel the stone grip in the grooves, it has a texture like fine-grit sandpaper. I quite like it, those O'Shea's also have stone grip in the grooves. I believe Target originally released a Colin Lloyd barrel with stone grip covering half the barrel which wore out quite quickly - I can't see that happening with these though.

Would any of you have these in soft tip and willing to sell? I own them but lost 1 barrel and don't know how else to replace them...
never threw a stone grip dart,  is it very grippy ???
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

(06-08-2017, 01:00 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: never threw a stone grip dart,  is it very grippy ???

I wouldn't say the texture of the stone grip itself is overly grippy - it just provides a rough surface which feels quite nice. Those Silverbacks in the above photo are probably the grippiest darts I own but that's more because of the rings than the stone. Don't know why Target discontinued the stone finish - there's a few of their recently released sets I'd love to see with stone grip inlaid in the grooves.
a top target rep came and stopped by my local dart store [years ago] with these darts. he told the owner to select a player locally who is deserving of a dart. target said they would make any modifications to it and put the players name on it. the dart store owner selected my friend. he loved the dart so much, he didn't make any changes to them. if i see him tonight, i will take a picture of the darts and post them.
(06-08-2017, 01:00 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: never threw a stone grip dart,  is it very grippy ???

Know the feeling of a non-slip bathroom or staircase strip, or felt the skin of a shark? It feels like that, or pretty much like what the Winmau Diamond darts feel like. Grippy, but does not usually snag the skin.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Colin Lloyd Stone Grip The Darts Hunter 8 936 09-14-2019, 02:57 AM
Last Post: bret23
  Colin lloyd stone grip Xkyle813x 1 516 12-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mc1958