Unicorn

Lakeside 2017 player invites
Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 2017

The British Darts Organisation is happy to announce that the following players have been invited to compete at the 2017 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.

Reigning BDO World Champion ‘Scotty 2 Hotty’ Scott Waites returns to “the home of world darts” as the No.6 seed, seeking a third world crown. Heading the BDO world rankings as No.1 seed for a second successive year is the current Winmau World Masters champion ‘Duzza’ Glen Durrant, with 2015 Lakeside winner ‘Scotty Dog’ Scott Mitchell seeded 2 and the 3-time former champion ‘Wolfie’ Martin Adams set to make a record 24th Lakeside appearance seeded 5.

The 16 seeds for the men’s competition include 2016 Lakeside semi finalists, ‘Yozza’ Jamie Hughes and ‘Flyers’ Richard Veenstra. They are joined by three double Lakeside semi finalists, 2014 Winmau World Masters champion Martin Phillips, former WDF World Cup Singles champion ‘Sparky’ Wesley Harms and the man who lifted the BDO World Trophy upon the Lakeside stage in May, ‘the Dazzler’ Darryl Fitton. Reigning Scottish Open and German Open champion Danny Noppert will appear at Lakeside as the highest ranked debutant in 2017, seeded No.3.

SEEDED PLAYERS
1 – Glen Durrant (Eng)
2 – Scott Mitchell (Eng)
3 – Danny Noppert (Ned)
4 – Jamie Hughes (Eng)
5 – Martin Adams (Eng)
6 – Scott Waites (Eng)
7 – Dean Reynolds (Wal)
8 – Darius Labanauskas (Lit)
9 – Wesley Harms (Ned)
10 – Darryl Fitton (Eng)
11 – Mark McGeeney (Eng)
12 – Brian Dawson (Eng)
13 – Jim Williams (Wal)
14 – Richard Veenstra (Ned)
15 – Geert de Vos (Bel)
16 – Martin Phillips (Wal)

Eight more players (ranked 17-24) will be drawn directly into the first round. They include Welsh debutant and BDO International Open champion Nick Kenny, Scotland captain ‘the Boss’ Ross Montgomery and 3-time Lakeside finalist and crowd favourite ‘Silverback’ Tony O’Shea.

17 – Tony O’Shea (Eng)
18 – Ross Montgomery (Sco)
19 - Wouter Vaes (Ned)
20 – Nick Kenny (Wal)
21 – Pip Blackwell (Eng)
22 – James Hurrell (Eng)
23 – Conan Whitehead (Eng)
24 – Martin C Atkins (Eng)

A further 16 players will compete in the Preliminary Round at the Lakeside. They feature the player ranked 25th in the BDO invitation tables and four qualifiers from the BDO world championship playoffs, to be held in Frimley Green on November 30th. Automatic places are also granted to 2016 Lakeside runner up ‘the Silencer’ Jeff Smith and the 2016 Winmau World Masters champion. Should the Winmau winner on December 4th have had already qualified, then that place will be awarded to the standby player in 26th place from the BDO invitation table, Jimmy Hendriks.

25 – Dennis Harbour (Eng)
Lakeside 2016 Finalist – Jeff Smith (Can)
Winmau World Masters champion 2016 / standby Jimmy Hendriks (Ned)
BDO qualifier 1
BDO qualifier 2
BDO qualifier 3
BDO qualifier 4

These players will be drawn into the Preliminary Round alongside 9 international qualifiers. The winners of both the Asian qualifying tournament and the Australian Grand Prix series are joined at Lakeside by the seven players who top each of the BDO regional rankings tables, listed below.

Asian qualifier – Seigo Asada (Jpn)
Australian qualifier – Raymond Smith (Aus)
Baltic/Scandinavian qualifier – Dennis Nilsson (Swe)
British Isles qualifer – Ryan Joyce (Eng)
Canadian qualifier – David Cameron (Can)
Eastern European qualifier – Krzysztof Ratajski (Pol)
New Zealand qualifier – Craig Caldwell (N.Z)
USA qualifier – Tom Sawyer (USA)
Western European qualifier – Jimmy Hendriks (Ned)
(or Willem Mandigers (Ned) if Hendriks qualifies as the Winmau standby player)

Invitations have also been issued for the 2017 Women’s World Championship and the BDO rankings list is topped for the fifth time in six years by ‘the Dark Destroyer’ Deta Hedman. She will be accompanied by a world class field of players that includes those who challenged her in 3 previous Lakeside finals, 2014/2015 winner ‘the Lancashire Rose’ Lisa Ashton, 3-time champion ‘from Russia with Love’ Anastasia Dobromyslova and returning for her 17th consecutive appearance after winning an historic 10th world title in January, the reigning Lakeside Champion ‘the Golden Girl’ Trina Gulliver MBE.

SEEDED PLAYERS
1 – Deta Hedman (Eng)
2 – Lisa Ashton (Eng)
3 – Aileen de Graaf (Ned)
4 – Anastasia Dobromyslova (Rus)
5 – Lorraine Winstanley (Eng)
6 – Trina Gulliver MBE (Eng)
7 – Fallon Sherrock (Eng)
8 – Corrine Hammond (Aus)

The unseeded players (ranked 9-13) include 2-time semi finalist ‘Racing Angel’ Sharon Prins from the Netherlands and Welsh international Rhian Griffiths who makes her BDO World Championship debut. They will be drawn against the seeded players, alongside two qualifiers from the BDO world championship playoffs in November and the 2016 Winmau World Masters champion, or world No.14 Claire Brookin if the Masters winner has already qualified.

9 – Sharon Prins (Ned)
10 – Rhian Griffiths (Wal)
11 – Anca Zijlstra (Ned)
12 – Rachel Brooks (Eng)
13 – Casey Gallagher (Eng)
Winmau World Masters champion 2016 / standby Claire Brookin (Eng)
BDO qualifier 1
BDO qualifier 2

In addition to the 40 men and 16 ladies heading to Frimley Green, there will be two youth players contesting their own championship decider upon the famous Lakeside stage. The BDO World Youth playoffs will be taking place on Wednesday 30th November.

The draw for the 2017 Lakeside World Championships will be made on Sunday 4th December during finals day of the Winmau World Masters.

The 40th BDO World Professional Darts Championships will be broadcast live on Channel 4 Television in partnership with BT Sport, on Saturday 7th to Sunday 15th January 2017.
No Razma
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the info. Mike, top shelf as always. :thumbup:
(10-06-2016, 05:50 PM)Troll Wrote: No Razma

Madars and Gary Robson were 2 only points behind Hendricks in the standby place, and Andy Fordham was 3 points away.  I'm assuming that Madars will play in the Lakeside playoffs - would be good if him, Robbo and the Viking would all qualify from that route.
I talked about playing against Raymond Smith (the Australian qualifier) in the "Best Player You've Played Against" thread.

Since then he's started playing for our league team and I've partnered him in the doubles a few times. He's a very good player but an even better person. Excited for him qualifying for Lakeside as well as the Winmau Masters.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
so they never invited me, AGAIN! Fekkerz!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'm surprised Smith has to go through the prelims again given he made the final last time!

I think Veenstra being seeded now is good news for him. I fancy him to do well again this year too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dunno how well Sawyer is known in the USA, I guess he's pretty popular but I've not seem much of him but will be interesting to watch him have a go Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(10-07-2016, 02:03 PM)Getagrip Wrote: so they never invited me, AGAIN!  Fekkerz!

If you'd entered Lakeside last year, you'd have won the tournament!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
No pink panther? Think Zoey should be there
(10-12-2016, 01:28 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 02:03 PM)Getagrip Wrote: so they never invited me, AGAIN!  Fekkerz!

If you'd entered Lakeside last year, you'd have won the tournament!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Pity!  I would love to see the a world championship televised darts game held up with a darts review in the middle of it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Why not if these are darts players use in game being televised ?
180-1(33)

The Lakeside playoffs are being held today - here are the draw sheets:

Mens - https://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont...r20164.pdf
Ladies - https://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont...r20161.pdf
Youths - https://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont...120167.pdf

Several players I would like to see get through, and a couple I would prefer they didn't get through, but good luck to all the players today.
Wait Chris Mason is giving it a go?! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also surprised to see Dyson Parody and Martin Schindler on there, thought they were PDC.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Alas can't see Ted Hankey getting through

We may get The Viking Though!

Purely for kicks I'd love to see Mace the Ace get through as well
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lakeside 2018 ... who's your tip. Cooper84 26 3,323 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Lakeside 2018 mc1958 32 6,654 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mack
  2017 Lakeside Worlds Darts Championship Discussion Thread... Great White North 402 78,762 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: nobleguy
  Lakeside so poor djtrump 94 22,318 01-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Last Post: SixGun
  Lakeside 2017 TV coverage mc1958 11 7,539 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Lakeside 2017 draw mc1958 9 2,819 12-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Zeyes