Harrows Darts.

Poll: Do you pick your barrels/stems/flights to match in style/colour?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.45%
62 70.45%
No
9.09%
8 9.09%
Other (sometimes, occasionally, etc)
20.45%
18 20.45%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you colour coordinate your darts? (barrels, stems, flights same style/colour)
Hi
I was looking at the pic in this thread with the 3 sets of darts all matching in style and colour. I think they look pretty cool, whereas my darts are not matched at all. This is because, well, I'm not trying to at the moment because I'm just seeing what works with what (e.g. do pears make a difference?, what if I put a heavy shaft on a light dart?, etc). Plus some of the stems have broken and flights mysteriously disappeared into nowhere.

I was just wondering if people buy flights or shafts with the specific purpose of making them match in style and colour to look attractive?
Eventually I would probably like to once I know what the heck I'm doing.

These are my uncoordinated makeshift darts.

Most of the times yes I do the "Dart Tart" gig as you can see below. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I do try to make my darts look the most appealing but I switch alot between colours/materials, gotta keep up with the latest trends ofcourse Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Btw I also try to keep stems and flights of the same brand as the dart.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Doesn't everyone ?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Nope  - I pretty much just always use white stems and clear flights regardless -
but I am not as much a nutz as the rest of you -
Yeah. They are like my dollies. I spend hours giving them, and then changing, their looks. Flights and stems are cheap so I have accumulated a big box of flights and a cigar box full of stems. I have options. Apparently I have 26 sets of darts and here is a pic of one of each. I've already spent a couple of years experimenting with flight and stem type and size, so there is less of that now. I know what works for me and them. Now the changes are usually for cosmetic reasons. I love everything about darts and setting them up is a big part of the fun.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Well I like my darts to look good. And you get the best look in the T20, so the setup that brings them in there the most is the prettiest. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I always have them matching or at least complimenting.
I think some people miss the aesthetic part of tinkering too. I tend to throw better with some
colours as I think it effects how much I see the triple or think it's blocked.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
it all depends on what color the barrels are for me. If they have blue pixels(9Five) or blue cortex grip(Carrera), or blue painted lines(Andos, Jockys) Ill use a blue setup or black setup ,same with red, or gold, but if the barrel has black lines or pixels, ill use a black shaft with either a black or green flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
I generally do try and match or as mentioned compliment even though I generally go with black.

Some really nice set ups on show on this thread already!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Of course! I can't stand it when you see some guy who's just thrown whatever flights and stems on. Or worse, the guy who's too tight to change full sets of flights/stems, and has one odd flight and one odd stem... And they're not even on the same dart!

(10-05-2016, 06:33 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: I always have them matching or at least complimenting.
I think some people miss the aesthetic part of tinkering too. I tend to throw better with some
colours as I think it effects how much I see the triple or think it's blocked.

Interesting point, as I find that using yellow flights (not neon) seem to suit my eye better than any other.
I'm kinda the opposite, I think that using darker flights helps me more.
Only slightly but it's purely a mental thing, I find darker flights blend in more which gives the effect that the treble bed is less packed...strange thing the mind lol
(10-05-2016, 07:08 PM)Walker Wrote: I'm kinda the opposite, I think that using darker flights helps me more.
Only slightly but it's purely a mental thing, I find darker flights blend in more which gives the effect that the treble bed is less packed...strange thing the mind lol

Most likely why most professionals use black as well.  

For a period I went with black on my first dart thrown then the last two were matching, but not black.  All to do with that dart distance known as the six inches between ones ears. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I color match my darts as well, especially if its a colored barrel. Otherwise I'll match flights and stems.
My Harrows Aura A3 have white l style carbon stems w/ two lake blue l style flights, and one white l style flights, I have l style caps on the white flight, and white caps on the blue flights.
My Target Daytona's have black carbon stems w/ one red lstyle flight and 2 black l style flights to match the barrels.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Van der voort xq max flights colour.... rich345 9 399 10-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Last Post: rich345
  Target 8Flight Stems & Flights DAVEISTHENAME 4 243 05-10-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post: The Darts Hunter
  Long Stems on Long Barrels portsetonloyal 5 332 04-27-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Danblacksher
  Straight Barrels : Are Shorter Barrels More Stable? portsetonloyal 26 8,400 12-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Darts Throwing comparing - Japanese Soft style throwing vs Steel Style throwing jayouloun 41 11,792 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  L-Style Standard vs Shape Flights portsetonloyal 4 889 01-29-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Better Results With Normal Flights / Stems vs Cosmo etc portsetonloyal 8 1,403 07-19-2018, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ranger86
  For plain (solid) colour flight, which colour do you prefer TheCrane180 51 6,055 06-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: PoppySquared
  Do you change flights/stems for good luck? cubdog 10 875 06-25-2018, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Medium L-Style Stems - Cosmo Equivalent? portsetonloyal 4 888 05-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: stanleylsj