Target Darts.

Jason Marriott 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7hqfs1jB0g

I got these darts in Dec 2015, did not realise it was that long ago and I did most of the video review around March time but only just finished it recently.

I saw the darts on ebay been sold by the man in question and thought they looked nice and they were only £20 with £3.50 p+p so I thought I would give em a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

According to the Darts Database he is ranked 115 on the PDC. I believe the darts were made by Target although there is not retail option to buy them I think its just from Jason himself and I honestly don't know if he still has them to sell but you could always message him on Facebook.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts came with a Target bar wallet, point protector, some short nylon stems and some standard shape Target flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a straight barrel dart with grip only on the front half where it has a thin ring grip that's quite widely spaced. I would say its grippy but its not so grippy that it clings to the skin, it is probably around a high medium. The rest of the barrel is smooth.

DIMENSIONS:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very close and the third was nine hundredths of a gram lighter than the heaviest:

Weight with the setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is front of centre:

With the supplied set up it moved dead centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped just a little up from the nose of the dart:

Darts landed pretty much in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

I think I got these originally as I was curious about trying them with them having just the grip at the front and because I seemed to be having some better success with straight barrelled sets.

Its not a bad looking barrel either but all the time I have had them I had only done the first part of the review and not thrown them until a few days ago. I always like to take the pics before I throw them so I don't mark them up and I wish I had thrown them sooner as it is a really nice and very pleasant dart to throw.

I seem to have been getting better with them the more I throw them and the one thing I like is that the have some grippiness which is plenty to help keep control of the dart but I find they release very easily too.

Balance at the front is never going to be spot on with a longish straight barrel but these felt pretty good overall in that respect. I think they fly well with my front grip overall.

I was a little surprised they did not fly better than I was expecting when I tried the middle though, it felt the best spot for balance but I was not throwing them so good from there, I know I don't expect to but I thought it would have been better than it was. No reason a middle gripper wont like them though and that also applies to rear grippers but there is not physical grip on the rear.

I would certainly recommend front grippers give them a try if you can get a set though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Overall its a very nice dart to throw and I have enjoyed playing with them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (look fine)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (2 very close)
Quality: 8 (good)
Value: 8.5 (very good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (working very well at present)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well done on the review again Darren, top shelf. :thumbup:

As a front gripper myself I like these very much. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers Brad, I am finding I am going back to these a lot, having thoughts about making a custom set similar but with a touch more weight and perhaps a deliberately drilled out rear to shift balance further forward again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-04-2016, 07:03 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Cheers Brad, I am finding I am going back to these a lot, having thoughts about making a custom set similar but with a touch more weight and perhaps a deliberately drilled out rear to shift balance further forward again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sounds like a decent design, I'd do the same yet have the weight down around 20 and at a shade less than 6 mil in diameter and around 54 in length. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
yeah its an easy one to alter either way Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

+1 for the review.

As a front gripper who likes a straight barrel dart around 22g these are ticking a lot of boxes.
Definite contenders for my next purchase.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Nice looking darts.  Too bad the grip is on the wrong end. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Simple looking dart, but looks quite effective.
Also a bit too long for me. However, that grip looks quite cool and looks to be one of the easiest to hold without any kind of microgrip or such.

And another top review...as per usual.
Another great review! I like the new intro and cuts, your video reviews just keep getting better.
Darts: Target Rebel Blitz, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short ProGrip spin stems, No. 6 standard flights

Harrows Weapon Javelin, 30mm Target titanium pro points, short Supergrip stems, No.6 standard flights
(10-04-2016, 07:58 PM)jc14 Wrote: +1 for the review.

As a front gripper who likes a straight barrel dart around 22g these are ticking a lot of boxes.
Definite contenders for my next purchase.

Cheers!

(10-05-2016, 12:08 AM)bkbum Wrote: Nice looking darts.  Too bad the grip is on the wrong end. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-05-2016, 12:30 AM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Simple looking dart, but looks quite effective.
Also a bit too long for me. However, that grip looks quite cool and looks to be one of the easiest to hold without any kind of microgrip or such.

And another top review...as per usual.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Grip is really nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-05-2016, 05:54 AM)Arkatek Wrote: Another great review! I like the new intro and cuts, your video reviews just keep getting better.

Cheers, glad you like the improvements Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top review again Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Nice darts but would like them better if the grip was the other way around:
Hm might be an idea for a set of customs Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Super review and really nice darts. Good to see a different kind of review to show darts that not everyone is aware of. Top drawer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(10-05-2016, 11:31 AM)Kev Wrote: Top review again Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Nice darts but would like them better if the grip was the other way around:
[Image: https://i.imgur.com/UCwnViq.jpg?1]
Hm might be an idea for a set of customs Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Very good Kev Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-05-2016, 02:34 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Super review and really nice darts. Good to see a different kind of review to show darts that not everyone is aware of. Top drawer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Barry, I think he will have to be getting more made as it seems a lot have shown interest in them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

awesome review as usual with some fantastic pics and great video +1 for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

Thanks Rodderz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album