Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Granboard2 thoughts
Hi guys
Long time lurker, first time poster so apologies it has taken me so long!

Sydney based and great to see fellow Aussies on here.

Just wanted to post a thread on the GranBoard 2.
Had my board for about 3 months now and must say I am really impressed with it.
(been playing steel-tips for about 10 years and slowly getting into Soft-tips - loving the technology interaction side of it)

Awesome quality of board build and the support with the app has been superb.

The only thing I would like to see is a dedicated forum (or area of the forum) to discuss all things GranBoard.
You get snippets of things on their Facebook page or main website but would be good to hear other users thoughts, ideas, tips etc (especially in english)

My thoughts on the current update:
Loving the automated onscreen average score. Great to track how well your average is doing throughout a leg.
Likewise with the 'out' suggestions - great to have this help when you're learning the different 'out' possibilities.
The red 'change' button seems to be really responsive now which is great (used to sometimes take a couple of presses for it to register in previous app versions)

Things I'd like advice on:
How does it register your weekly rankings? Do you have to play online or in an 'animal battle' for the rankings to be recorded? Does it register them just practising? Mine seems a bit sporadic.

How are the points calculated? There is a support doc in the app but seems quite hard to follow.

Right, better dash and try to get my weekly rankings up Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Keep up the great work GranBoard guys and would love to hear from fellow users on what they like/dislike, any tips etc.

Cheers guys

S
Hi Slayter - welcome to the forum. I don't own a Granboard 2 but this is the home soft tip board I'm most interested in getting based on what I've seen and read online. Just have a couple of questions for you - how is the online play ? Is it easy enough to find someone online up for a game ? I figured Gran darts have sold quite a few of these boards so this would be one of the best supported online platforms. Also, how does the board prevent cheating ? I have an ipad - does it use the camera on that or one of its own ? Finally, do you get many bounceouts with these or do they behave like a regular bar machine ? I've seen a review online where the guy was getting a bounceout every other dart - of course I realise it depends on your throw, points used etc. I'd be using lip point premiums with 18gram barrels, Cheers, Carlin.
(10-03-2016, 05:10 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Hi Slayter - welcome to the forum. I don't own a Granboard 2 but this is the home soft tip board I'm most interested in getting based on what I've seen and read online. Just have a couple of questions for you - how is the online play ? Is it easy enough to find someone online up for a game ? I figured Gran darts have sold quite a few of these boards so this would be one of the best supported online platforms. Also, how does the board prevent cheating ? I have an ipad - does it use the camera on that or one of its own ? Finally, do you get many bounceouts with these or do they behave like a regular bar machine ? I've seen a review online where the guy was getting a bounceout every other dart - of course I realise it depends on your throw, points used etc. I'd be using lip point premiums with 18gram barrels, Cheers, Carlin.

Hey Carlin
Nice to hear from you.

Online play - I haven’t actually played yet but maybe others can help with this question.
I have had a quick look in the online area and there does always seem to be people in there playing and from what I see, the community is growing fairly steadily as well.
The camera for online play is taken from the camera on your app.
On the cheating front, I’m not sure but guessing you would be able to see someone throw their darts and spot if they're cheating.
Hoping that cheating wouldn’t enter peoples minds but you never know.

Bounce outs - from my experience, it really does make a massive difference with the particular type of tip you use. I’m currently using the Target Pixel Tip and hardly have any bounce-outs at all (using 20gram darts)
I also have a Darts Connect board and I used to get a lot of bounce-outs. (with the same tips)
The Granboard - I hardly get any bounce-outs and the out of board shots are registered as well (unlike the darts connect which was a bit hit and miss)

I reckon it’s worth the money.

Give me a shout if you have any more questions and maybe see you online one day!

Cheers

S
I've had mine up for a few weeks now and have been playing a bit more. I was getting a lot of bounce outs at first until I switched to Fit Point Plus points. I still get the occasional bounce out, but its mostly from the way I throw now. Maybe 1 in 12-14 bounces out now.

I haven't had a problem picking up games online when I've wanted them. The camera in the app works pretty well. If set up properly on both ends, you can see roughly how far back your opponent is standing and see that they aren't trying to pull a fast one. I've played against a couple of people that actually have their pads behind them so you can see the whole throw pretty clearly. Note that not everyone is using a camera for some reason.

I have friends who have a couple of the other boards, and I can say that I like the Gran Board 2 the best.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Thanks for the feedback Slayter and jschwab - it can sometimes be difficult to get the info you need when researching these boards without speaking to current owners - it sounds like this is the board to go for over the darts connect (which is the other one i considered) - i'll be ordering a Granboard 2 in the very near future  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I would avoid DC. Online play is terrible. I am getting a Gran shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(10-06-2016, 02:58 AM)AlCoholic Wrote: I would avoid DC. Online play is terrible. I am getting a Gran shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree with AlCoholic - the DC was a bit of a disappointment for me (LOTS of bounce-outs and a really primitive app plus THE MOST FRUSTRATING way to link the app to the board)
Hate to say it as it is great to see start-up companies like this. I think they will get there but needs a lot of testing and feedback (imo)

Granboard is streets ahead.
(10-03-2016, 05:10 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Hi Slayter - welcome to the forum. I don't own a Granboard 2 but this is the home soft tip board I'm most interested in getting based on what I've seen and read online. Just have a couple of questions for you - how is the online play ? Is it easy enough to find someone online up for a game ? I figured Gran darts have sold quite a few of these boards so this would be one of the best supported online platforms. Also, how does the board prevent cheating ? I have an ipad - does it use the camera on that or one of its own ? Finally, do you get many bounceouts with these or do they behave like a regular bar machine ? I've seen a review online where the guy was getting a bounceout every other dart - of course I realise it depends on your throw, points used etc. I'd be using lip point premiums with 18gram barrels, Cheers, Carlin.

Hi Carlin,

I am deciding between buying gran darts and DC. I am worry about the online feature. Did you manage  to find out More on your query about online play? Is it possible to play team game with other online players? Which one a would you recommend?

Regards,
JW
I have a granboard and love it, i also have vdarts and that seldom gets used. I havent tried darts connect.

I have a more indepth review on my blog if youre interested. see my signature.
EDSON on 
 +Granboard 
 +DartsLive2
 +Vdarts
 +G3
My dart reviews, experiences, videos: 
https://www.facebook.com/KrakenDarts/
https://krakendarts.wordpress.com
My dart live streams and videos: 360 Dart Stream
Thumbs Up 
(11-05-2016, 01:28 AM)Djreson Wrote: I have a granboard and love it, i also have vdarts and that seldom gets used.  I havent tried darts connect.

I have a more indepth review on my blog if youre interested.  see my signature.

Awesome blog Djreson. Great review of the board too
(11-05-2016, 01:28 AM)Djreson Wrote: I have a granboard and love it, i also have vdarts and that seldom gets used.  I havent tried darts connect.

Hi Djreson,

Thank you for the response. I visited your blog, there is a lot of good information and well written. I am more convinced  after reading your blog and have got one gran board 2. 

Rgds,
JW
(11-09-2016, 02:34 PM)Jih Woei Wrote:

Hi Djreson,

Thank you for the response. I visited your blog, there is a lot of good information and well written. I am more convinced  after reading your blog and have got one gran board 2. 

Rgds,
JW

Appreciate the kind words, and glad i could help
EDSON on 
 +Granboard 
 +DartsLive2
 +Vdarts
 +G3
My dart reviews, experiences, videos: 
https://www.facebook.com/KrakenDarts/
https://krakendarts.wordpress.com
My dart live streams and videos: 360 Dart Stream
Just ordered the board myself... now the wait for it to turn up. I feel like a kid at Christmas
I try to buy this board on world darts shop. But it is out of stock. Is often out of stock?

I live in France, do you have a recommendation to where i can by it at a good price inculding transportation?

And last question. Do this board include a camera?

Thanks a lot !
I live in the States and just received mine from a-z darts Wednesday as did my buddy. A-Z sold out shortly after I ordered and they won't have anymore until the end of the month apparently. The board works great and I was really surprised at how quiet the board actually is. I love that you can buy replacement parts for them. Looking forward to playing some more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Granboard2 wonky on/off switch shingmm 12 2,069 02-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Last Post: shingmm
  Granboard2 purchasing in Australia slayter 4 611 11-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Androooo
  Granboard2 miss count? shingmm 7 1,400 09-02-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post: AProsview