Harrows Darts.

Target Elysian 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6910MySka2s

YAY!!!!  Here it is at last!!  Sorry for not posting it sooner but I got sidetracked with a lot of stuff and although the review has been sat on my hard drive for over a year now I never got round to editing it or taking the pics.  One problem was I ham-fistedly pulled the tab off the draw after I did the video review and I was loathe to take pics of it until I fixed it.  It was a bit fiddly but I had to restore it to perfect condition before I would be happy taking pics, sorry but I am a bit OCD in that regard Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But I want to think Omnibolt for lending me his set of Elysian to throw in the review and I apologise for it taking such a long time to post it.

Anyway I wanted to finally get the review done as I think the darts were deserving of one and even though they all sold out I think its still worth doing for the sake of people who may wonder what they were about etc.

As you know I attended the launch when these were first shown in 2015 and I was quite taken by them then and knew straight away that I wanted a set.

£275 was a big talking point then and that has been superseded by the Elysian 2 at £375!

But as soon as seen them come on pre order at Madhouse darts I put my money down and in due course set number 141 (a nice checkout) out of 200 sets was delivered to my eagerly awaiting sweaty palms Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you may already know by now the Elysian range is limited to 200 sets in steel and 200 sets in soft tip and it is a kind of luxury concept dart.  I think they are mainly aimed at people like myself who like to collect but obviously that never stopped a few people buying them just for playing with.

The darts take around 5 hours to make and as you can see a lot has gone into the presentation and apparent sumptuousness of the whole package.   They are 95% tungsten and weigh 24g.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

Well as already stated the darts a packed like a top end luxury item and some great design and thought has gone into making the box itself very special.  Its beautifully made and stylised with compartments for the darts and the extras all very strongly made and thickly lined with a hard foam and velvety covering.

There is magnetic closures for the lid and bottom flap which pulls down to reveal an internal draw.  On the lid is a little pouch with a brochure explain the process involved in making the darts.  On the compartment where the darts are stored is the label telling you the weight and edition number.  Next to that is a very nice little pin badge.  

The lid on the right compartment lifts up to reveal a super high quality leather case which has a crazy amount of storage space and a carabiner clip for you belt.  The case is made of a very thick leather with a lovely strong smell to it.

In the internal draw underneath there is 3 extra sets of flights and 2 extra sets of stems and 3 sets of aluminium flight protectors.  The Titanium stems are supplied in three lengths: Short, Tweenie and Medium.  The flights are special edition Elysian semi translucent vision flights and there is 2 small standard size, one big standard and one slim size.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

I think its a lovely looking dart but then I am partial to the golden ones Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Its a little chunky but not excessively so and the grip is kind of unique really, I think its about a high medium level overall.

DIMENSIONS:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels are and exact match and the third is just one hundredth of a gram lighter so really good:

Weight with the tweenie stems:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance is slightly front of centre:

With the tweenie stems it moves central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was gripping just slightly front of centre as it is quite a short barrel:

Darts landed in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

As already said above these are very nice looking darts especially with its set up as supplied but I also think the whole profile with the supplied setup makes for a very nice flying dart too.

The main thing that struck me was how smooth and stable they were through the air but that could also be due to the fact the darts are short and I was throwing very close to its balance point.

Never the less they were lovely to throw in the short time that I had them and overall flew very well for me I do however think that rear grippers who like a slightly front weighted dart may get the best out of them as the grip position on the rear was certainly most comfortable to hold.

My only issue was that due to its very slight hexagonal shape I occasionally got the dart turning in my grip slightly at times which was a little off putting but it never happened much.

It would have been nice to throw them for longer but I did not want to mark Omnibolts darts too much and I am keeping my set purely for collecting.

As regards the price, well that's always going to have people debating the pros and cons of it as it is a lot of money to pay for a set of darts but as I have said many times before no dart no matter how well made it is will transform your game, if it was that simple then we would see lots of precisely engineered darts selling for crazy money!  But of course it is not like that.

So in my opinion all though these are really nice darts to throw I think its mostly one for collectors and collecting is something not everyone will understand.

I think once you have thrown the darts and marked them then the value decreases dramatically so my set are still in their box and packed away Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

What will happen to them I don't know, may be one day I will sell them and whether I get back what I paid for them or more I don't know that either but that is not why I bought them.  Obviously I would have preferred them to be cheaper though.

So if you were buying such a set to play with I would say your mad, unless you have lots of money to spare but I am sure people will say I am equally mad for buying them just to store away and I appreciate that but I revel in my madness Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 10 (awesome looking darts)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9.5 (very close)
Quality: 9.5 (good)
Value: as a collector 6.5 (passable) to play with its a 3
Suitability for me: 8 (fly nice)

Best Feature: Stability
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Looks better than the new Elysians to me - just my opinion.

Anyway, if these weren't so expensive and such, which set would you prefer to use?

And enjoying the review as per usual.
Awesome review Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

I really like the new graphics in the video. The pics of the elysian are great, a very very good looking dart.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great review mate as always.

Hopefully someone will make me an offer for my set. Which I've currently got on the for sale sectionGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review Darren. I can't wait for the review of the Elysian 2, please don't keep us waiting for one year again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another excellent review and great photos +1 - these are still the best looking dart out there in my opinion. Just picked up a set of Daytona Fire's myself - they're also too pretty to throw  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-01-2016, 05:35 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Looks better than the new Elysians to me - just my opinion.

Anyway, if these weren't so expensive and such, which set would you prefer to use?

And enjoying the review as per usual.

I have not thrown the second edition so I would say the first ones are best Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-01-2016, 05:42 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Awesome review Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

I really like the new graphics in the video. The pics of the elysian are great, a very very good looking dart.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-01-2016, 05:46 PM)Jaws Wrote: Great review mate as always.

Hopefully someone will make me an offer for my set. Which I've currently got on the for sale sectionGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! Yeah I would be amazed if they don't sell for you!

(10-01-2016, 06:53 PM)Kev Wrote: Great review Darren. I can't wait for the review of the Elysian 2, please don't keep us waiting for one year again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Kev! lol hopefully I will get the second edition reviewed a bit quicker Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(10-02-2016, 09:55 AM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Another excellent review and great photos +1 - these are still the best looking dart out there in my opinion. Just picked up a set of Daytona Fire's myself - they're also too pretty to throw  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! They do look nice though! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well done as usual Darren on the review. :thumbup:
Thanks Brad! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Brilliant photos, video and review Darren!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Chris Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Super review and love the pics. The darts are a work of art and I can understand why people would want to collect them. You should get them out on display though Darren rather than stashing them away so you can enjoy their beauty Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have thought about putting a few sets on display but I am worried about whether it would have an affect on the packaging and coatings etc Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-04-2016, 04:03 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Barry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have thought about putting a few sets on display but I am worried about whether it would have an affect on the packaging and coatings etc Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As long as they are kept dry and no direct sunlight reaches them I think it's highly unlikely that it would affect them.
Beautiful set!
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 172 Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 295 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,198 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 795 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 915 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,032 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 860 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 400 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,604 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 742 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM