Harrows Darts.

Soft tip maximal weight
I'm about to buy my first set of soft tip darts, is there an official maximum weight like it is 50 grams for steel darts? I don't know on which board I'll play, does the maximum weight vary from board to board?

Thanks.
If you don't know what board you're gonna play on I'd stay below 20g. Most newer boards can handle up to 25g though.
And if you are considering league play, check with the league. Here in the U.S., it varies from 18 to 20 gram limit.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

You would really have to check at where you intend to play, and if you want to play in leagues, if there are any weight stipulations with the organizers that arrange the leagues.

Even though modern dartboards have a much higher weight maximum, e.g., Dartslive2 - 25g, and the UK rep of Phoenix boards once mentioned 30 - 35g as benchmarks, those figures are never really the absolute maximum before a segment matrix or electronic scoring module actually gets destroyed after a night of throwing. However, an establishment owner/league organizer may dictate a particular weight maximum to minimize maintenance/cost and also to ensure a league goes smoothly with minimal board problems.

Note that if an estblishment owner/league organizer states a max weight, it's usually the weight on the entire dart (tip, barrel, shaft, flight and whatever accessories on the dart).

Hope this helps me8!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm assuming that's a typo for phoenix ?? 30-35 ?
(08-31-2017, 12:52 AM)philliesricky Wrote: I'm assuming that's a typo for phoenix ?? 30-35 ?

Nope. IIRC That was what the UK rep mentioned here in the forums but I may be mistaken. You'll have to go back to around the time when Getagrip reviewed the Phoenix. I suspect DL2, and the latest DL3 can also take heavier than 25g weights, but it's not really advertised since hardly anyone really uses more than 21g - 24g fully set-up it's essentially a non-issue.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks

That's very interesting

I have some barrels that are 23.4g that are coming out nicely !!
(08-31-2017, 05:02 AM)philliesricky Wrote: Thanks

That's very interesting

I  have some barrels that are 23.4g that are coming out nicely !!

Like most players in leagues, I guess it's the organizers that stipulate a weight limit but I've never ever seen a weighing station, not players challenging the weight of other player's darts at leagues before (DL, Phoenix), but I've read that it does happen (rarely) in the US. Not sure about Germany or other parts of Europe where they tend to be more rigid with regulations.

It's 20g for the fully loaded dart here in Czech republic. Until recently (a few years) you haven't had many chances to buy anything heavier anyway.

I've read here on the forum that in Germay and Switzerland it's 18g (+10% I think).
I've been asked to weigh my darts a couple times in DL comps, though i've never had a problem in phoenix comps. I use two different setups (1) barrels are 21g --> full weight is 22.5g (2) barrels are 22g --> full set up is 24g. Generally not an issue, but some people will ask when your darts make a louder sound than most.

On the other hand, i have another set for bull shooter machines because those can only really handle 18-20g full setup. I do know that a lot of bullshooter comps have 18g being the max full setup weight. Not too sure about europe.
Double 15s are my expertise... all you have to do is miss and let me throw. 

Soft-tip --> Kami Darts Series No.33 (modified to 22g)
Steel-tip --> Unicorn Phase 5 (26g) / Phase 5 replica (modified to 32g)

Ontario, Canada
Cheers~!
(09-01-2017, 08:43 PM)mkchoi5354 Wrote: I've been asked to weigh my darts a couple times in DL comps, though i've never had a problem in phoenix comps. I use two different setups (1) barrels are 21g --> full weight is 22.5g (2) barrels are 22g --> full set up is 24g. Generally not an issue, but some people will ask when your darts make a louder sound than most.

On the other hand, i have another set for bull shooter machines because those can only really handle 18-20g full setup. I do know that a lot of bullshooter comps have 18g being the max full setup weight. Not too sure about europe.

As far as the bull shooters were mentioned, you won't find many of these here in Europe. TBH, I call all the US/Asia types of soft tip machines with huge trebles and doubles bull shooters. It sounds like it's just a brand... We played a tournament back in 2000 on Bull Shooters. I haven't seen these machines anywhere around since then.

European soft tip machines are different. The can handle only up to 18 or 20g darts (I thought it was 20g everywhere until some german members here said the opposite), they're not that sofisticated (and flashy) and they have dimension of sisal dartboards.

Accidentally, this week there is a big EDU tournament played in Prague, Czech rep. It's in the same venue where steel tip Czech Open is taking place later in November.

This event will be streamed here. There may be some other matches streamed than those announced by the video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSVFjc-...MxEYA/live

Here is a link to information in czech. I believe some net translator would help...
https://www.sipky.org/?region=uso&page=a...icle=13376
Yes on Cyberdine machines the maximal weight is 20grams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight of Soft Tip vs Steel Tip Force Majeure 14 612 10-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Force Majeure
  Soft-tip Weight limit in Europe Rano 10 2,371 03-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Rano
  Conversion Points = Same Weight as Soft Tips philliesricky 14 4,644 01-30-2017, 11:35 PM
Last Post: elevendarter