Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target 26mm Titanium Pro Grooved Conversion Points
Hi guys,

I currently use the Winmau Sabotage soft tip barrel with a Target Titanium pro smooth conversion point and I have gotten along fantastic with this setup.  
However like most people on the forum I wanted to try something different, I love the sabotage grip and I think it is the barrel I will use forever haha... so I thought I would try the grooved Target points. With regards to my darts they work great and stick in the board better than any smooth point I have used. 
Here is my issue, they seem to stick in too well and require a lot of force to pull them out and when I do they occasionally pull some sisal fiber with it. Is this normal for grooved points?? I don't want to wear down my board ( Blade 4) more than normal. 
Any one with grooved point experience??

Thanks!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yeah that's usually the case and why I don't like such points, board wreckers!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Turn the grooves in a 150 - 200 grit sandpaper and it should calm the problem down. Make sure you apply pressure with your fingers when you turn. If you look very closely, you should see a very slight gentle chamfer on the top edge of the grooves. If you want to be more precise, use a needle nose round file wrapped with a 200 grit, and turn each groove individually.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Use your smooth points for practice and the grooved points on other peoples boards :p
(09-28-2016, 05:36 PM)JDorks Wrote: Use your smooth points for practice and the grooved points on other peoples boards :p

I dont recommend  this. You should practice with the same equipment that you play with
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will probably switch back to the smooth points, might use the grooved ones if I go out to the pub and play on their old boards.
But I will try sanding them down a bit too.
I find with those points, unless you really want to feel the grooves with your fingers, the smooth ones stick very well in the board.
I think it may be the writing on them, but I have never had an issue with one.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Short Conversion Points LethalEagle 3 135 11-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Cosmo Conversion Points bending LethalEagle 6 313 09-30-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Target Storm Points - Fizban 14 1,735 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Storms smooth v grooved Ed180 8 433 02-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Storm Points black coating quality Narbennarr 9 1,004 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Target-darts.co.uk Storm Points Fizban 18 990 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Fizban
  coating-durability-Target-Storm-points-Nano FelixDarter180 7 997 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: FelixDarter180
  target storm points bdebbane 3 754 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Anyone tried Unicorn Sigma Ti conversion points - EDIT I bought some :) Humdinger 9 1,014 05-16-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Target Diamond Pro points Zaza 9 1,751 08-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Zaza