Darts Buddy

ShowTime Darts Nitro st 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDv77c4DbI

These are the darts used by Mark Lawrence and they are available in 2 weights 22g and 24g.  They are 90% tungsten and retail for around £35.  You can find info on the Showtime site here: Nitro ST Darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

Looks like Showtime have some new packaging and these come in a bigger box than the compact ones of before and have a slide out tray holding the darts which are supplied with point protector, ST standard flights and the new Core grip stems which look to be short size:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

Its a good looking dart and I like the contrasting green and black colours Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  These darts have Showtimes Element Dot grip cut into the rings and provides a fair bit of grip, it feels quite edgy and I would say overall its high level grip but I think that could be mostly due to its newness and it may wear down after a couple of weeks or so to a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Barrels are closely matched, just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved closer to centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these close to the nose which is what I often do with the bull nose barrels:

Darts landed in my usual angle:

CONCLUSION:

This is a classic straight barrel dart with a good ring grip which is enhanced a little more with the Element Dot grip cut into the rings.

I think when you come to throw the dart it feels a little more grippy than you would think but I had no problems with the release of it.

With my front grip I got a slight bit of fishtailing and spin but nothing to moan about and was likely because I was gripping so close to the nose.  On the whole it flew quite stable.

I was surprised that I could throw them fairly well from the middle though.  It was the most stable there for me and the darts actually performed well with me gripping it there, they did seem to fly a little flatter too.  So if your a natural centre gripper it should be even better.

From the rear it was all over for me though lol, throwing it too high mostly.  I don't see why a natural rear gripper would not get on fine with them though as I said many times that straight barrels can suit all kinds of grips.

I would say it was a sweet spot for the middle though so may be middle grippers will get the best from but I think it was fine with my front grip also.

Overall its a nicely made dart and a good looking one too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good looking darts)
Grip: 8 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (very close)
Quality: 8 (good)
Value: 7.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (fine)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

very jealous. Love the green! Review was awesome!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Wasn't going to get them but now idk...
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

nice review mate i like the look of these looks like the pixel grip
rod dog Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Note to self, DO NOT READ THE REVIEWS WHEN THE PAY PAL ACCOUNT IS EMPTY.
They look almost C4ish and that makes them virtually irresistable when you see such a great review.
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks guys!

Its a very nice dart and if your a fan of straight barrels then its worth a look Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review grip, +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Looks like a very nice dart for the money. One question: Can you feel a clear difference between the green rings and the ones with dot grip?
Does anyone else think they look a bit like Peter Evison's darts?

Anyway - they look pretty good, and it must seem a good dart to throw for anyone.

Nothing more to say apart from another enjoyable review.
Great review.

A very good looking dart. And the extra bit of grip seems interesting, but I have to stay strong already bought too many sets lately. But it is hard not to buy a dart after seeing all the great pics. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Hi everyone, i'm an italian beginner and i have a question to Getagrip: i purchased a set of fuzion darts from S/T and i notice that the tips are less tinner than my old set of harrows darts; it causes some bounced out and so i'd like to know if you feel the same. Many thanks, i like this forum so much and i apologize for my not so good english.
Hi zioPoppo welcome to the site.
I find many brand new silver points are very shiny and do not grip the board too well. Try roughing them up with some sandpaper. This will take the shine off and they will grip the board much better.

Another amazing set of pictures Darren along with the usual first rate review. Thankfully I feel they would be too grippy for me, otherwise I would be buying a set of if them right now
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Grip,

Any idea when the 24g version is available to buy, ST Darts told me beginning of September but seen nothing yet?
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
They look cool! I just ordered these before your review lol, can't wait to give them a go! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Nice review with great pics as usual!
(09-26-2016, 09:01 PM)rich345 Wrote: Hi zioPoppo welcome to the site.
I find many brand new silver points are very shiny and do not grip the board too well. Try roughing them up with some sandpaper. This will take the shine off and they will grip the board much better.

Another amazing set of pictures Darren along with the usual first rate review. Thankfully I feel they would be too grippy for me, otherwise I would be buying a set of if them right now

Thank you for suggestion rich, tomorrow i try with sandpaper...grippy is better than shining  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review and a beautiful dart :Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..  Added to the Christmas list Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts : Winmau Pro Line  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Amazon Pear Flights.
Soft Tip: 18g Unicorn Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: unicorn Eclipse Pro 
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 434 7 hours ago
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trinidad Jose De Sousa Type 2 Darts Review Grand Slam Darts 2020 Winner Getagrip 16 494 12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 294 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Falcon F2 Darts Review Exclusive To Darts Clearance On eBay Getagrip 9 419 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
Information Showtime Danielle Ashton "The Lancashire Rose Bud" 23g - Darts review Ryk 8 513 02-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Showtime reviewed darts index mc1958 2 2,546 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  ShowTime Darts Revolution 24g darts review Getagrip 34 59,573 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
  ShowTime Darts Vortex 23g darts review Getagrip 33 11,542 04-19-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Showtime Darts Revolver 23g darts review Getagrip 28 16,637 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Master Darts, Jyhan Artut, 90% Tungsten, 18G Soft Tip Darts Review Ehudakineyah 7 1,677 10-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut