Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

BBC pull BDO darts then sign PDC: nice move!!!
Hi guys

Shocked, just flicking through channels and see PDC champions league is on BBC 2 a station which ditched darts as it 'wasn't in their plans' 

Dont know why but sorry f****g livid!!!!!

BDO has been shortchanged by BBC for years on coverage and was dumped for cost saving yet they sign PDC event which I'm sure hasnt been done for free by all involved!

Sick, sore and tired of the BDO getting f***d over!!!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

I tell you what I found interesting is that they did not use Colin Murray and Bobby George sitting on two bar stools in the bar area interviewing or giving analysis. Instead they had a proper set up with two current players.

This was much, much better. I do not know who to blame more but I suspect the PDC insisted they upped their game more. The same approach might have yielded better results for the BDO whose coverage tended to look and feel dated and amateurish.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(09-24-2016, 09:31 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Hi guys

Shocked, just flicking through channels and see PDC champions league is on BBC 2 a station which ditched darts as it 'wasn't in their plans' 

Dont know why but sorry f****g livid!!!!!

BDO has been shortchanged by BBC for years on coverage and was dumped for cost saving yet they sign PDC event which I'm sure hasnt been done for free by all involved!

Sick, sore and tired of the BDO getting f***d over!!!

Have you been living under a rock for the last few months or has this anger been building up? It was announced back in February that the Beeb didn't want the BDO and had signed up with the PDC - there was at least one thread on here about it at the time as well

(09-25-2016, 02:57 AM)jc14 Wrote: I tell you what I found interesting is that they did not use Colin Murray and Bobby George sitting on two bar stools in the bar area interviewing or giving analysis.  Instead they had a proper set up with two current players.

This was much, much better.  I do not know who to blame more but I suspect the PDC insisted they upped their game more.  The same approach might have yielded better results for the BDO whose coverage tended to look and feel dated and amateurish.

Didn't watch any of it but I'll be surprised if the PDC didn't have a hand in the production and the way it was presented
Hi MC

Genuinely didn't know bud about the Pdc bit
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

PDC definitely offer a good package deal compare to the bdo one.
Good bookie sponsorship probably pays everything
Being an American, I am obviously a PDC fan. They are international and I am able to watch their tournaments on YouTube, etc. Better presentation, far more professional and exciting. Not to mention they are coming back to Las Vegas next year!

I really wish the BDO would put more of their stuff on the web. I would definitely watch. Anything I can find is usually several years old. Having said that, I know what the "B" in BDO stands for and get that their mission is more focused locally.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

From elsewhere, the overnight viewing figures for the final last night were 927k as opposed to the Lakeside final in January being watched by 1.63m - so I'm guessing these aren't as good as the PDC bigwigs were hoping.

The other sessions figures were:

Saturday afternoon - 716k
Saturday evening - 704k
Sunday afternoon - 585k
(09-26-2016, 04:51 PM)mc1958 Wrote: From elsewhere, the overnight viewing figures for the final last night were 927k as opposed to the Lakeside final in January being watched by 1.63m - so I'm guessing these aren't as good as the PDC bigwigs were hoping.

Saturday evening - 704k
Sunday afternoon - 585k

Time of year may have been a factor on viewing numbers possibly, or not a factor?
Personally I wouldn't have thought the time of year would be a factor - it was up against the X Factor on ITV last night, but I wouldn't have thought the audience for a crappy talent shpw would have been in the target audience for a darts show either
(09-26-2016, 04:58 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Personally I wouldn't have thought the time of year would be a factor - it was up against the X Factor on ITV last night, but I wouldn't have thought the audience for a crappy talent shpw would have been in the target audience for a darts show either

Good point, watched the X-Factor then did you Mike? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Music was involved - I was listening to a few cd's yesterday other than 90 minutes watching the complete abortion of a footie team I happen to support
(09-26-2016, 05:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Music was involved - I was listening to a few cd's yesterday other than 90 minutes watching the complete abortion of a footie team I happen to support

Not one of your squads best outings.
(09-26-2016, 04:58 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Personally I wouldn't have thought the time of year would be a factor - it was up against the X Factor on ITV last night, but I wouldn't have thought the audience for a crappy talent shpw would have been in the target audience for a darts show either

It could be more that the average family husband would prefer to watch the darts, but he gets out-voted by the wife and the kids. And recording and watching a darts match thats already happened doesn't really appeal to most - (live sport in general)
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
(09-26-2016, 04:51 PM)mc1958 Wrote: From elsewhere, the overnight viewing figures for the final last night were 927k as opposed to the Lakeside final in January being watched by 1.63m - so I'm guessing these aren't as good as the PDC bigwigs were hoping.

Saturday evening - 704k
Sunday afternoon - 585k

Man Utds live matches on Sky Sports averaged 1.2m last year with the Manchester derby pulling the most (1.98m).  I have no data for dart matches on Sky but I suspect the BBC figures are impressive enough for a new competition.
Hopefully a lot of kids who do not have access to Sky watched and kindled an interest in darts.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(09-27-2016, 09:40 AM)jc14 Wrote: Hopefully a lot of kids who do not have access to Sky watched and kindled an interest in darts.

ITV have been showing PDC tournaments for quite a while now, so in all honesty anyone that would watch the darts on BBC has more than likely watched it on ITV already, so its nothing new.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!