Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

DIDO strategy?
I tried a bit of double-in today, and I realised I have no clue about how to play it. 

My question is: When you can't hit the double from the first 1-2 visits, do you stick with the same double, or do you go round the board hoping you'll hit something?
Any double counts. I tend to go for the D20, if I keep missing I will try other doubles I normally can hit, usually D18 or D10.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-24-2016, 12:03 PM)FordHam Wrote: I tried a bit of double-in today, and I realised I have no clue about how to play it. 

My question is: When you can't hit the double from the first 1-2 visits, do you stick with the same double, or do you go round the board hoping you'll hit something?

I take one turn at D20. If I don't hit, then I switch to my most reliable double (I'm lefthanded, for me the easiest double on the board is D14) and stay with it until I'm in.

go for the confident one. If you think you hit D20 with the next dart go for it. When you doubt about it change and go for another one
Only strategy advise go for d14 mate. If your line is right you will hit some double. Robbie green sometimes do it on TV
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If your not good at D20 pick a number on the side i usually go D16 if your high or low you have a chance of hitting a double
Like the others I'd go for something where an up-or-down miss still gives you a chance.

I don't play DIDO very often but when do I throw at the wire between D8 and D16. Or even D11.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Interesting ideas there, thank you guys
I almost always use my favorite out double to get in when playing DIDO games, and that is the D-16. If low or high, but in line, you stand a chance of D-7 or D-8 for the start. It doesn't always work out that I have D-16 to finish a game, but I do set up on it as much as I can.

Naturally if 53-60 I will try for the wedge that leaves me D-20 to have 2 shots at a win, but all things considered, I'm much more comfortable on D-16 but I'm not going to waste potential winning darts to get there.
i start w/d16 if i can't get it stuck
i like d18 as my back up , and my back up,back up number d 10-d6 and pray you get in before the game is over Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
just started playing dido on sundays ,it's alot fun
some people like d14 others like d19 smh,
only strategy is get in ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. with what ever number ,you like to hit
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

After a couple of tries at the favourite double I'd try the alternative. As in 8's or 4 from 16 as you would be used to be going for it in normal play.

I've never seen it done but can you go for bull as double in (as in D25)?
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Sometimes I might start on 20, but if I miss I move quickly to D13. I feel most confident and hit D13 easier than the other numbers. I think it is a bit of showing off that can bite you if you go for the bull to get in.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(09-25-2016, 02:42 AM)jc14 Wrote: After a couple of tries at the favourite double I'd try the alternative. As in 8's or 4 from 16 as you would be used to be going for it in normal play.

You can go for the bull but it would be completely foolish to do that.
(09-25-2016, 02:42 AM)jc14 Wrote: After a couple of tries at the favourite double I'd try the alternative. As in 8's or 4 from 16 as you would be used to be going for it in normal play.

Yes, you can go for the red bit and hit Bull for a double to start.   When just messing around after some practice I've played DIDO on the Bull just to get some practice doing it.    

Let's say your have 82 left and throw for the Bull and creep into the point of the 12.  This leaves 70 and the only way to go from there to guarantee a shot at a win is to throw S-20 to leave a Bull finish.   So, it is not a waste of time to practice throwing Bulls.

It doesn't happen often, but there are times when a Bull finish in an 01 game  can be a game changer if it puts your opponent on his heels when it goes in.   But you don't want to make a habit of leaving Bull to end a game.
(09-25-2016, 10:47 AM)FordHam Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 02:42 AM)jc14 Wrote: I've never seen it done but can you go for bull as double in (as in D25)?

You can go for the bull but it would be completely foolish to do that.

I played my brother once and he's a lot better than I am. We were playing DIDO and he hit a 152 in. After that he moved onto tops and sure enough got a 160 in later in the night. He then moved onto the bull and quite a few games later he got his one and only 170 in.

Fun times, getting your behind handed to you by your brother in exhibition mode.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to throw a straighter dart: Strategy perspective BigE 3 1,423 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Cricket Strategy darwin1200 17 8,446 10-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Last Post: The HeartBreaker
  Stalking Strategy for Cricket Beacon_Darts 6 2,296 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: 0ldjoblo