Unicorn

Michael van Gerwen routine.
Evening guys, with van gerwen's unprecedented success lately, i am wondering what his edge on the other players are other than natural talent and dedication. What are his pre match routines and does he drink before playing as i know he has called for drink to be banned from pdc events in the past. He is definitely doing something the rest aren't
Have they tested him for PED's? ;D

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Setup: [font=Arial]23g Target Keith Deller
[/font]w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

Hello and welcome aboard, I think its purely down to his natural ability and skill and determination/focus Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Most of it comes down to his darts skills, concentration, etc. He's a guy who likes to dominate the other players. He knows he's better than the rest. But he's not as outstanding as his titles suggest.

I think other factors to his success include:
The likes of Taylor and Barneveld miss many events because of their age.
Lewis and Anderson don't practise hard enough and they are making a habit of turning up 2-3 times a year, rest of the events they just float and do nothing special. Both have equal talent to MVG.
Wright and Chizzy play almost every comp, but MVG has such a mental edge on them. They are 100% in his pocket.
Wade also plays many events and he doesn't seem to mind to play MVG as he beat him twice on telly this year. But simply he's not good enough, definitely not top 4.
Are you the real Dan Dawson by any chance? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-24-2016, 09:32 AM)FordHam Wrote: Most of it comes down to his darts skills, concentration, etc. He's a guy who likes to dominate the other players. He knows he's better than the rest. But he's not as outstanding as his titles suggest.

I think other factors to his success include:
The likes of Taylor and Barneveld miss many events because of their age.
Lewis and Anderson don't practise hard enough and they are making a habit of turning up 2-3 times a year, rest of the events they just float and do nothing special. Both have equal talent to MVG.
Wright and Chizzy play almost every comp, but MVG has such a mental edge on them. They are 100% in his pocket.
Wade also plays many events and he doesn't seem to mind to play MVG as he beat him twice on telly this year. But simply he's not good enough, definitely not top 4.

Pretty good analysis I'd say. I reckon Wade is probably in the "doesn't practice enough" camp as well although I base that on nothing but gut feeling.

For all his success in the last couple of years MvG needs to make the most of his dominance and bag some more world championships. There's no way that he'll continue to dominate like this for the next 10 years or if he does I'll be amazed. Players will come through who don't have the baggage against him and will start to knock him over.

Surely MvG will not be satisfied with fewer than 5 World Championships i.e. same as Bristow and Barney. In fact, I'd say he'd want to finish up as second behind only Taylor so he needs to start finishing the job at the Ally Pally while he's still the best in the world.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
No not dan lol.. is he a big drinker like the rest ?
I say talent and he plays just about every event
No one has answered my question in its entirety yet, what i wondered if he was drinker or not was because he said in interview in 2013 that drink should be banned from all events.
Yup he's a well known drunk ! Was caught with vodka in his water glass...j.d.
You can hear it is his speak too! Complete drunkard he is!
Not sure what all the drink talk is about but are you guessing that he plays better because he has a drink! ? I wish it would have that affect on me if that was the case! I don't even know if he drinks or not but I am sure some players will more than likely have a drink or 2 to steady their nerves so if it was drink then he would not be the only player having one so its pretty obvious its not that which is giving him the edge?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

MVG is a true talent that you just don't see very often. Posters on this site just don't understand how great he is and how important he is for darts. I try to practice and play as much as so I can be the best player I can be. MVG is an inspiration and makes me want to be the best player I can be based on his skill and passion for the game. MVG is an idol of mine as a pub dart player he is truly amazing to watch and a great person to represent darts. Even if he does drink who cares he is the best player around right now.
Blimey, I didn't realise that Shrek was an idol of yours kevmode - you should have said earlier
(09-25-2016, 12:10 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Blimey, I didn't realise that Shrek was an idol of yours kevmode - you should have said earlier

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Van gerwen old darts Knoxyefc 1 457 09-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gerwen darts Ed180 4 770 10-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Last Post: eddiegrant
  Van Gerwen using new darts? MarcTH 11 1,848 08-06-2018, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Congratulations Michael van Gerwen mc1958 14 1,542 04-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Last Post: carlmuscleman67
  Sports Personality Nomination For Van Gerwen mc1958 12 1,694 11-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: kevmode
  Van gerwen father nightcrawler 8 1,446 08-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Michael Van Gerwen 23 Gram comparison XQ Max, Masterdart, Mckick Th3BigFish 30 10,552 07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: MarcTH
  Van Gerwen darts help Bounce Out 12 2,341 06-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: The G