Darts Buddy

heavier soft tip darts
I play steel tip darts since a few months now with a 24g barrel. Now I'm looking for my first soft tip darts but it seems to me that nearly all of them are between 15g and 20g. Can someone recommend me some 23g,24g or 25g soft tip darts?
I think they would hard to find because the rules limits the weight. In germany it is 18gr i think.

In the WSDA Rulebook ( https://www.darts-theworld.com/en/rules-wsda.html ) the limit for the whole dart (incl. Shaft, Tip and Flight) is 25gr.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Before you start to search, what board will you be playing at? Are you sure it supports heavier darts?

For starters the sigma x cross tip range has some heavier ones but they are expensive. I'm sure other members can tell you more though.
Both Puma and Shot! make heavier darts.

Just select soft tip and go from there.
https://www.shotdarts.com/darts

Most boards can handle heavy soft tip. The old Medalist boards were a bit more fragile like joeriw96 above mentioned.

Biggest problem with heavier soft tip darts is you break tips easily. When the dart enters the board, it does a little spring vibration before it settles into place (like when you flick a door stop). Often times that stresses the point and snaps the tip.

I would stay 22g and lower.

If you do buy a heavier set, bring a set of pliers with you when going to the bar. That way if you snap a tip, you can at least pull the piece out of the board...that way you're not leaving pieces in that could deflect other player's shots.
Here's the heavy range from Winmau
https://www.winmau.com/pages/2361/2016_-...=det&p=232

Besides checking if the board you intend to play on can handle the weight also be aware that the heavier your darts are the more points you'll break.
Edit: As already mentioned by Regulatori Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!
Red
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Completely agree with all of the above. One point to add to JoelH's comment is that, at least where I live, various leagues have different weight limitations. So, if soft tip league play is in your future, you might want to try something in the 18 to 20 gram range. I throw 24 gram steel and 20 gram soft tip with no problem.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Thanks guys for all the answers, very helpful!
I'd like to join in Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I play with a 23g straight barrel steel tip dart and would like to have something close to that for traveling.

I.e I wouldn't put soft tips on them, just use them for a bristle board. Removing the points would make it a lot easier when traveling, if I lose the checked in luggage I just lose the conversion points.

Shotdarts had a few but when I got to 22g barrel to make them 23g with a point they where not a straight barrel.

I'm grateful for tips on other sites! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I can say here in the us, for most boards I have every played on, 20g is the max weight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
(01-07-2017, 08:47 PM)Petter Scott Wrote: I'd like to join in Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I play with a 23g straight barrel steel tip dart and would like to have something close to that for traveling.

I.e I wouldn't put soft tips on them, just use them for a bristle board. Removing the points would make it a lot easier when traveling, if I lose the checked in luggage I just lose the conversion points.

Shotdarts had a few but when I got to 22g barrel to make them 23g with a point they where not a straight barrel.

I'm grateful for tips on other sites! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You can try looking at movable point darts from Bottelsen ( https://www.bottelsendarts.com/index.shtml ) or Voks ( https://voksdarts.com/ ).
I used the US Lippoint tips with 22g barrels before. Not a single breakage, but had bending issues at times, and those points were long and bounced around like crazy.

I figure the newer Cosmo Fit Point Plus (FPP) should easily handle 25g+ barrels with no issues. The Lippoint Premium tips are supposed to challenge Cosmo's FPP, and I haven't used them before so I can't comment.

If you want to go with heavier barrels, I suggest in order of priority, Cosmo FPP and then US Lippoint. You could also try the regular and Premium Lippoints.

BTW, Winmau and Shot!, as mentioned, produce heavier barrels up to 23g, and some of the Japanese brands like Trinidad and Dynasty also produce barrels up to 19 - 20g. 

There's also lead, tungsten/putty to increase weight.

All the best.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The BullsFighter Fenomeno dart is 22g, been eyeing them up myself for some time.

https://www.bullsfighter.com/fenomeno
(01-28-2017, 06:24 AM)JDorks Wrote: The BullsFighter Fenomeno dart is 22g, been eyeing them up myself for some time.

Do you know who is selling BullsFighter darts?
I was writing my post yesterday but I somehow deleted it and didn't write it again. I just wanted to point out that 20g is a limit here in Czech Republic. And by 20g it is meant a weight of the fully loaded dart with a stem and a flight and other accessories.

Other thing you may not know is, that if you're buying 22g steel tip darts, then you will get 22g barrels while if you're buying 20g soft tips you're getting a barrel which is approximately 17,5g heavy. I guess it is because there are these weight limits in many countries and darts makers wanted to be sure their product will be allowed to use in those countries.

Since there are the soft tips popular in USA and Asia, where their dartboards can handle heavier weights, the producers also make heavier darts. I have seen some 22g soft tips last year for the very first time. Well, there used to be some steel tip darts with changeable points and you probably could have used them with plastic tips but now they're products sold also as original soft tip darts. Anyway, if someone from czech rep had bought these heavier darts he would have problems with using those darts here. I haven't heard of any gear checking until very recently and I guess the more damaged dartboards will be announced the more checks will be done either.

To illustrate this weight tag differencies here are some pictures.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-28-2017, 10:47 PM)bkbum Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 06:24 AM)JDorks Wrote: The BullsFighter Fenomeno dart is 22g, been eyeing them up myself for some time.

Do you know who is selling BullsFighter darts?

Getagrip said that they are planning to get into some stores in EU some time soon. He has got a few sets from them, send him a pm and he might be able to put you in contact with a seller, i regret not getting a set while i was in Korea when i went to one of their bars.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for heavier Softtips Lavalampe 10 2,216 11-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Tips for heavier darts izzat rahman 14 4,453 09-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Rik81
  Soft tip point options for heavier custom darts? JohnK 23 7,879 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Last Post: alienmartian22