Shot Darts

Around the Clock Longevity Challenge
Most around the clock challenges see how quickly you can go around -  this one focuses on how far and many times you can get around the board.

3 consecutive misses and you're out -

First rotation:  Any single advances one number, double 2 numbers, or triple 3 numbers -
If you miss you go backwards one number -

Second rotation: You must hit the double of the number you are on first before advancing then any segment works with same rules as above -
Again if you miss you go back one number

Example_ 1 = double 1 required which would advance you to 3 - single three would take you to 4 triple 3 to 6 etc
if you missed double 1 you would go back to single bull -

Third rotation:  You must hit a triple of the number you are on prior to advancing - if on bull any combination of three marks is sufficient to advance
If you miss you go back one number

Fourth rotation: You must hit a triple and a single to start advancing -
Example_2 - must hit triple 2 and single 2 and would be then on 6 -

Etc

Once you miss three consecutive turns you are finished -

How many times around can you make it?
Sounds quite a challenge but I'm a little confused with the rules, so on second rotation you have to hit a double to advance, so what is the point of hitting another segment or are you saying if you hit another segment it does not count as a miss but you can still only advance once the double is hit?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you were on double one and hit it first dart you would be on three -
then any 3 works to advance - single three to four --- double 3 to five  -- triple 3 to 6

If you hit double on your last dart you would be on double 3 required to start your next throw -

That way you're not always shooting at even or odds - plus it helps you focus on hitting target first dart as you are rewarded by being able to advance faster/easier using your second and third darts -

Last practice session ended up busting out at double 9 somewhat worse than my normal
Ah got ya, sounds a nice challenge, will have to try it, I know I need the practice! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Got to treble six  on third round, what happens if I  hit a treble 19 on my last dart on second round
Darts - 180 ice dragons - 20g.
On Unicorn eclipse Pro 2.
2015 180's - 54
2016 180's - 162. 
2017 180's-181.
2018 180's- 134 up to end of July.
Best 501 - 12 darts - on 22/12/2016 
11 darter on 18 - 4- 2018.
Highest out-170 (22-6-16).

De guy yawning at de oche ...full of chalk an stuff.....dats Me!
You would be on triple 1
I never play requiring you have to hit the bull on any round as it takes away advantage of hitting triples on 19's and 20's -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PDC Around The Clock Challenge Banned 116 23,793 09-11-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Big Grin 30 Dart Round the Clock Challenge hamo 162 27,559 09-09-2021, 12:35 AM
Last Post: pugtato
  3 Ts around the clock backwards. DanC.Licks 25 2,271 02-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks