Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Rotating the board
Hi
One of the things that I've read about says that you need to rotate the board around every 2 weeks or so. I understand the logic, but my practice routine now involved going through the doubles one by one then the triples on by one, and then finally ending with inner and outer bull.

Seeing as this practice routine means that on average each segment of the board *should* receive approximately equal wear and tear. So should I still need to rotate the board every so often?

Ta
(09-16-2016, 01:18 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Hi
One of the things that I've read about says that you need to rotate the board around every 2 weeks or so. I understand the logic, but my practice routine now involved going through the doubles one by one then the triples on by one, and then finally ending with inner and outer bull.

Seeing as this practice routine means that on average each segment of the board *should* receive approximately equal wear and tear. So should I still need to rotate the board every so often?

Ta
I still would unless you are perfect and hit each one the same every time lol.

I'm sure you have your doubles and triples you hit more frequently than the others.
180 Goal - 5/10  
Twitter: James_Judd
Instagram: DartFiend1992  

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-16-2016, 01:22 PM)TheDartFrog Wrote: I still would unless you are perfect and hit each one the same every time lol.

I'm sure you have your doubles and triples you hit more frequently than the others.

Thanks. Yes, I think there are some which I hit more than others but it depends on the day - for example, yesterday I just couldn't hit the triples 7 and a few others neither for love nor money, but the day before it was a different set of targets that I couldn't hit.

So therefore if I practiced every day over a year then I would guess that all those elusive targets would balance each other out. Perhaps with that practice routine I could still rotate maybe every quarter.
Yep, regardless of what you practice you should turn your board round frequently. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'd actually say rotate it more often than once every 2 weeks - once a week or once every 3 days. Helps you get the maximum life out of your board. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
So that's the only practice routine you're doing, you don't play any 501 or anything? Rotating the board is advised once a week I think. It doesn't take more than 30 seconds does it?
Right ok. The numbers are held in place by 4 of these (see below), so just to verify is it a straightforward case of simply gently prising the white bars from out of their 4 holders one at a time? Or is there any additional steps necessary to, maybe, prevent any possible future damage to the board? Just to be on the safe side.

No, I don't play anything at the moment. I've only been playing a little over a week.

Yep, just pop the number ring out, pushing the ring to the outside out of those holders, and if your board is on a standard bracket with a rotating screw just turn the board around one or 2 black segments and pop the ring back in, 20 at the top. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Some tips on dartboard care from Winmau:

https://www.winmau.com/maintenance

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Nice one. Thanks pal!
Yeah its good to rotate frequently Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(09-20-2016, 03:44 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah its good to rotate frequently Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'll have to be sure to do this with my new board for sure. Else I shall be punished by the darting gods by me having to buy a new one sooner than I'd like Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Current setup:

(09-20-2016, 04:51 PM)Kosumo Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 03:44 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah its good to rotate frequently Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'll have to be sure to do this with my new board for sure. Else I shall be punished by the darting gods by me having to buy a new one sooner than I'd like Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah I think its the God of Rotation you need to fear, Rotatotron!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Just got a new Winmau Dual Core last Tuesday (13th ) . Rotated today . I'm determined to rotate it weekly. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken