Shot Darts

Flights with GPS and a little random ramble about my first week as a beginner
Hi guys
Well I'm thoroughly enjoying my first week or so into the wonderful world of darts. On a recommendation I'd seen on the forum, these last 2/3 days I've been going around the board - double 1, double 2....triple 1, triple 2...outer bull, inner bull.

It's probably taken me the best part of 2 hours each day to complete, but I feel as if it's helped me to improve and given me a structure of practice to adhere to rather than randomly hitting targets.
The highlight was when I hit triple 9, then triple 10 then triple 11 with 3 darts :faint:. Of course, this is pure fluke and totally unrepeatable because some other times it has taken me about 10-15 darts to hit one elusive target. It seems to work like that so far.

And my 3rd set of darts arrived yesterday, a set of Harrows Voodoo 28g(or maybe 27g. I'll have to check again) because I decided that I wanted to move in a heavier direction. The flights were a dimplex, I believe.

Some time during tonight the dart flew out of the board, and while I could find the stem and barrel part the flight appears to have disappeared into the ether. If only they had GPS or I could ring them to find out where they are just like with a lost phone. Maybe that's something for the future (remember, you read it here first!).
I jest, of course.

I bought some different types of stems and flights, so luckily I can also use them for such an event, and I have now replaced the flights with some max air flights because the darts are 28g (I read that heavy darts suit large flights).

My technique is slowly but surely beginning to take shape. I'm still 100% rubbish but I'm getting better and enjoying it, and that's all that matters. I'm following through with the throw maybe about 40% of the time now, and I no longer stand at 90 degrees to the board(I'm right handed and left eye dominant), but I'm trying out the normal stance of right foot at 45 degrees to the board.

Bye for now.
Sounds like you're having fun... and it's probably the most important thing to have.  You'll for sure get better at it with that frame of mind. Good luck in your journey. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thank you Swiiiitch! And I am indeed. Onwards and upwards eh....
Just keep at it and keep enjoying it, you will improve steadily the first few weeks so have fun Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Lol I have had flights mysteriously vanish too, its like a Bermuda Triangle effect Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I am getting ready to move in a couple of weeks.  I imagine I will find a flight or 10 once all the furniture is removed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Keep at it.
Heh yes - I fear that this won't be the last disappearing flight. I'm thinking that maybe there is some sense in buying lots of flights with the same design, so if, for example, you lost 3 flights on separate occasions then you only would have had to have bought one more pack of 3 flights rather than 3 lots of 3.
Lurker, don't forget the back of the settee! And good luck with your move - it's a stressful 'operation'.

And cheers guys