Shot Darts

Which tool to setup a new board and oche?
Hi guys,

What's the general consensus on the best tool to measure the correct height of the board and the correct distance to the oche?

Seen 3 models, Unicorn, Target & Winmau?

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
A tape measure works for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This is a popular tool.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
https://www.unicorn-darts.com/range/dart...emate.aspx
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Ayup DM

A plumb line for centre a spirit level and a tape measure for distance & height.
Take your time and get it spot on.

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
I have the winmau setup pro.

It's useful, as you can pin the end of the tape measure into the bullseye with a dart, and measure down to the oche.

It's not perfect, in that it's hard to get the end of the tape in line with the centre of the bull, but it works well enough.
The only problem with using a tape measure that I've found is it is important for your floor to be level from the oche to the area you are going to mount your board. The board should be 5 ft. 8 in. in height from where you are actually throwing the darts. That way, if your floor is on a bit of an upslope or downslope from the oche to the wall you are mounting your board on it won't affect it and it will be in regulation.

I've played in bars where the floor sloped downward a couple inches from the line to where the board was mounted and if you measured up 5 ft. 8 in. from there, you would be throwing at a board that is considerably lower than the official mounting.
If the floor is uneven, I've read a number of suggestions for using a water level. Here is one of the many links describing its use: https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Water-Level
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
I like the oche-mate but not tried the others so I suspect they all do the same job well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  repointer tool stripped John Anderson 3 364 04-26-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  New use for repointing tool Zero 2 407 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Bulls repointing tool jrod 5 570 08-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: vacation
  Repointing tool ? Jimmyp 4 803 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Jimmyp
  Bulls Professional Repointing Tool phm14 7 2,180 12-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Rivet tool brenthahn 11 4,874 09-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Cat
  How to use a pop rivet tool? Nurio 10 2,771 07-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Repointing tool Clint Coats 13 3,953 06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  Combi Repointing Tool problems LorenzoParedes26scored 12 2,585 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish