Double Top Darts.

Please Help Me!
Hi all!

I am really struggling with my game at the moment.

Are there any sets of darts out there which you would call you 'turn to' sets if you start to struggle?

Looking for a set of 'classic' darts which I can just pick up, attach medium stems and standard flights too and they go half decently.

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Any straight/Bristow type barrel is what a lot of folk started on and for me a simple designed dart as such settles me down when needed.

What was the first type of dart you threw well with Dan?
I think a lot of recommendations would hinge on what type dart design you are most comfortable with, or familiar with.    Dart design, weight, stem length, flight shape and material all go into factoring how darts will work for any individual.

I could tell you what works for me, but it may be all wrong for you, and like already mentioned, a simple straight barrel dart with your stems and flights may be a good place to start.   Straight barrel darts are the most common out there, so there must be a reason for that.
(09-11-2016, 06:44 PM)DanGoldsmith180 Wrote: Hi all!

I am really struggling with my game at the moment.

Are there any sets of darts out there which you would call you 'turn to' sets if you start to struggle?

Looking for a set of 'classic' darts which I can just pick up, attach medium stems and standard flights too and they go half decently.

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

No such thing Dan...tell us what's going wrong with your game and how long you've used your current set.

regards,

Dorian
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Yes in theory .Voks mosquito
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think Troll is on the right track. I find really light darts help me get my throw back. And when that happens moving back up in weight adds the consistency. It works for me, but maybe not for you. I practice with a wide range of weights,

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I must be put together in some weird fashion. For me it was exactly the opposite. When I started struggling real bad with my regular darts — fairly straight barrels with a scallop — I switched to a torpedo shaped Harrows Ice for a few days and started throwing A1 sessions until things settles down. The switch forced me to concentrate more on my throw mechanics since they flew differently.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Thank you for your replies everyone. I think i'm going to buy a set of Phil Taylor unicorn phase 2 darts and stick with them for a season or so Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.