Double Top Darts.

Not enough juice
Hi guys .After applying all these Tools I showed in different topics .I have acquired lovely pace ,but this pace drains my stamina out very fast . And after playing for half and hour I feel like it wasn't darts it was marathon. Playing at different pace isn`t option. Any
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Short 5 min break after 15 minutes of playing might help. Not sure if you play in a league cause that might be a problem.
(09-07-2016, 06:27 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Short 5 min break after 15 minutes of playing might help. Not sure if you play in a league cause that might be a problem.
Thanks mate
180-1(33)

Have to agree with above...a darts form of interval training might help built up the stamina..10 on 5 off 15 on 5 off 10 on 10 off etc etc

Loads out there on the interwebs about interval training...I'm sure not much relating to darts. But I'm sure the principals could be brought across
I notice this being a slight problem for me too. At home I just have random 15 min here, 25 min there. Not a real practice session. And like tonight at the bar I notice I start to unintentionally throw the darts softer but then I take a small break and I'm back to throwing harder and more consistent.

I think I need to just have longer and more serious practice sessions at home to build the stamina/consistency. Once I start throwing softer, take a quick break then continue.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Do you allow a 20/30 second pause between throws for your "opponent" to pace yourself?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(09-08-2016, 07:26 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Do you allow a 20/30 second pause between throws for your "opponent" to pace yourself?

That's a very good, underrated point.
When I first started playing I'd chuck my darts, go grab em and chuck em again straight away...it didn't take long for my arm, shoulder, wrist, elbow...all sorts to start aching.
It's good to give a few seconds between throws, like Chris says, as if an opponent is having a turn between yours
(09-08-2016, 07:26 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Do you allow a 20/30 second pause between throws for your "opponent" to pace yourself?

Very good point made by Chris here. :thumbup:

I'd add this, practice intervals at home as you play at league.  If you're up for a set at league for 15-20 minutes then on hold for 5-10 mins, practice the same as I believe it was mentioned previously.  

Keep your sessions on the practice board short, but with a purpose.  Throwing for the sake of throwing really doesn't accomplish anything as we all know.  Structured practice and a proper regimen is key IMO.

Good darting Troll. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.